Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I know people are like “ooh look at me I never get mad at cartoons, how embarrassing to be mad at cartoons” but I’m mad at that cartoon for making the dog a black woman, I don’t like that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Like I'm trying to think of the stupidest justification and I think it's "well this is a prequel so actually Shaggy names his talking dog in the future after his first love because they both love food"

yeah this justification does not make it better at all

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Like I'm trying to think of the stupidest justification and I think it's "well this is a prequel so actually Shaggy names his talking dog in the future after his first love because they both love food"

Mindy Kaling V Card

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

yeah this justification does not make it better at all

I know!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's a shame she will die a virgin.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I know people are like “ooh look at me I never get mad at cartoons, how embarrassing to be mad at cartoons” but I’m mad at that cartoon for making the dog a black woman, I don’t like that at all.

I think it is ok to be mad if something is bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Scooby is not a person's name

christ, it's barely a dog's name

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

And now it makes sense why it's Norville and not Shaggy. Norville is Shaggy's deadname.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
broke: removing the titular Scooby Doo from your Scooby Doo show.
woke: turning the dog into a black lady

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
genuine lol at scoobi doo, proud black woman

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this is a bad cumtown skit

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

in a nod to scooby-doo's famous speech impediment, they'll have her say the r word a lot

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
furthermore you can plainly tell his beard is neatly trimmed and not shaggy at all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
this is what happens when you get high on wokeness. sure it starts small and fun, like a woman jedi. next thing you know all the ghostbusters are women too. pretty soon you're turning scooby-doo into a black woman without batting an eye and you don't recognize yourself in the bathroom mirror!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is why we haven't gotten the Venture Brothers Movie.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
We’re going to push back against the racist trope of turning POC characters into animals by turning animals into POC characters.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m so sad that “they made scooby doo into a black woman” happened in january, it’s way too early for this level of dumb poo poo

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

loquacius posted:

So um

You know how I've been posting about how there's no Scooby Doo in Velma

Well,

https://twitter.com/MrYGuy2/status/1615119797766836224?t=m6182z0jezbLqVytPWhAkQ&s=19

They made the dog a black woman

named Scoobi with an I

jinkies!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
finished Willow. idk how better to describe it than a fun romp. I hope there's a season two, and that Boorman takes his shirt off in it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

episode 8 reveals this is actually a slur

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Scooby is not a person's name

christ, it's barely a dog's name

there was a dude in middle school we called "Scoo" cause he liked scooby doo a lot. I thought that was a fun lil nickname

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Laterite posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Before Rick & Morty came out it was getting really heavily advertised and all the ads gave me the impression that the premise of the show was that “edgy” joke that Doc Brown in Back to the Future was a pedophile and I thought who would green light this show, this is gonna get cancelled half way through season 1, vibes are so off on this show. And just recently I thought maybe I should give Rick & Morty a try because maybe I misjudged it based on bad marketing and a bad fanbase because how could it still be running and successful if it was as creepy as it seemed, lol.

:pwn:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

So um

You know how I've been posting about how there's no Scooby Doo in Velma

Well,

https://twitter.com/MrYGuy2/status/1615119797766836224?t=m6182z0jezbLqVytPWhAkQ&s=19

They made the dog a black woman

named Scoobi with an I

I think we got hoodwinked... Which made me lol. It is so believable.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I was like dimly aware of this show from back when they announced it and I guess it's vindicating that it turned out as stupid as I figured

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I feel like the whole cynical reimagining of old cartoon shows shtick is a pointless crusade when venture bros exists but whatever

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Laterite posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Buck Wildman posted:

I feel like the whole cynical reimagining of old cartoon shows shtick is a pointless crusade when venture bros exists but whatever

i'm glad Doc and Jackson seem to be good dudes since it would break my heart if something like the Roiland thing happened with them.

https://twitter.com/PortsideSully/status/1615079781527334913?s=20&t=L7hDEoIBihd2bOfBB-Li_Q

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

feel like the scooby show is getting a bit too much attention,, this is how it got renewed for s2

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Serf posted:

they're still cowardly for not having the spores, but leave it mazin to make yet another show where the real enemy is global warming

wait why are the spores specifically an element that would invite controversy

Serf
May 5, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

wait why are the spores specifically an element that would invite controversy

masks

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

feel like the scooby show is getting a bit too much attention,, this is how it got renewed for s2
scrappy 2

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

i'm glad Doc and Jackson seem to be good dudes since it would break my heart if something like the Roiland thing happened with them.

ain’t the scale of roiland and I haven’t listened to it myself but apparently there’s an episode commentary where one of ‘em expresses a desire to gently caress triana

I played like two hours of last of us before getting bored and don’t intend to see the show but does the show get rid of the zombies being a fungal cordyceps infection or something?

Serf
May 5, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

I played like two hours of last of us before getting bored and don’t intend to see the show but does the show get rid of the zombies being a fungal cordyceps infection or something?

no, just the spores. the show opens with a scientist in the 60s talking about pandemics and how fungi could infect humans if they were pressured to evolve into withstanding higher temperatures, say in the event that the planet got a little warmer. but the infection comes out of nowhere despite us getting more build up this time, and the showrunners have said there will be no spores. the zombies also don't eat people anymore, they just vomit up some tendrils from their mouth and shove that into the other person's skin

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

these sound like very stupid and pointless changes

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Serf posted:

no, just the spores. the show opens with a scientist in the 60s talking about pandemics and how fungi could infect humans if they were pressured to evolve into withstanding higher temperatures, say in the event that the planet got a little warmer. but the infection comes out of nowhere despite us getting more build up this time, and the showrunners have said there will be no spores. the zombies also don't eat people anymore, they just vomit up some tendrils from their mouth and shove that into the other person's skin

sounds dumb

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

these sound like very stupid and pointless changes

Eh, I get it. If you've got an actor like Pedro Pascal you don't want him spending half the show with his face obscured
That'd be a huge waste

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

uhhh... just why? I felt like the spores added a whole element of like, you can't just hide behind walls or a bunker and try to ride things out. if you've got access to fresh air, then you've got a vector for infection

Serf
May 5, 2011

the opening has this undertone of smug self-assuredness when the scientist guy is like "humans have always won the war against viruses and bacteria. don't worry about them. but fungi, those will gently caress us right up" that felt like it was vaguely posturing that covid is over, here's something that is actually bad to worry about instead!

but maybe that's just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The zombies are like the least important part of TLOU, it doesn't matter.