Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

t a s t e posted:

Nate Hackett coming right up

EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton were your QBs when Hackett was your OC. I think that played a greater role in your displeasure with the offense than the play caller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Ravens can't franchise Lamar until Feb 22 so yeah its gonna be awhile and the Jets are gonna end up with Carr probably.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Ravens can't franchise Lamar until Feb 22 so yeah its gonna be awhile and the Jets are gonna end up with Carr probably.

Totally fine with that. Also hope this is the Jets.

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1615044361238073344?s=46&t=bIqy2dQBkpQKCsblDEWVXA

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

I feel like by then they should be able to get intel on whether (a) the Ravens are even willing to trade Lamar and (b) if they are, whether they’d trade him in the AFC.

But yeah, I’m fine with Carr.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Diva Cupcake posted:

EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton were your QBs when Hackett was your OC. I think that played a greater role in your displeasure with the offense than the play caller.

Kyle Orton was actually the only bright spot.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/BangedUpBills/status/1614771324278247427?s=20&t=oK1oI4JBHW3KvU-R-KEsnQ

what really was any of the point of the changes the NFL made to concussion spotting? This kind of stuff happens every week, and the only instance where they actually pulled a player for ataxia that I've seen was Teddy Bridgewater bullshit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kyle Orton ruled actually

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/BangedUpBills/status/1614771324278247427?s=20&t=oK1oI4JBHW3KvU-R-KEsnQ

what really was any of the point of the changes the NFL made to concussion spotting? This kind of stuff happens every week, and the only instance where they actually pulled a player for ataxia that I've seen was Teddy Bridgewater bullshit.

Yeah, it's a joke.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's a REALLY good coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's Zolak, so lol but sure why not

https://twitter.com/BabzOnTheMic/status/1615046198565666816

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

So the Jets are interviewing a fired patriots TE coach for their OC job? lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

t a s t e posted:

Kyle Orton ruled actually
Kyle Orton was obviously cool but he wasn't a particularly good quarterback.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I don't get it! He's had one year where the TE's performed well... with ya know, Gronk.

Then he had the 2 3rd round picks in 2020 and they were godawful, one's a blocking depth guy for somebody now and the other's out of the league. Then the last two years he's had Hunter Henry and Jonnu and uh???

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gannon is the favorite for the Texans job and from what Graziano said, he might be attached to Caley as his OC.

quote:

“Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon impressed the Texans in interviews last year and should be a strong candidate for the job again this year,” wrote ESPN’s Dan Graziano. “If he does get that job, I’ve been told one of the names to watch for his offensive coordinator is Patriots tight ends coach Nick Caley, who has a connection with Texans GM Nick Caserio from Caserio’s time in New England.”
They can have him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Judge as a ST guy is fine, but why not just fire Patricia ffs? He's just a turd.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Gannon is the favorite for the Texans job and from what Graziano said, he might be attached to Caley as his OC.

They can have him.

Gannon wants to go from one of the best organizations in the NFL to the absolute worst other than the Jets? Why?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Gannon wants to go from one of the best organizations in the NFL to the absolute worst other than the Jets? Why?
Because he's a lovely TE coach and he's being offered a 5 year guaranteed contract for life changing money.

e: lol Gannon not Caley. Oops.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

My OC wishlist is
1) Reich
2) Monken

3) Brady

pschoy
Mar 2, 2009

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gronk was on the Kelce bros' podcast, and it's just funning around, with a good bit on trying to wham block Wilfork in practice. Link should be timestamped, but if not: 48:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFoCE3llS8M&t=2930s

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1615072016352292865?s=46&t=8Amb3HqDAVTJk9ZAfZvHbA

You were flirting with Vic Fangio last off-season before you stuck with Boyer. I don’t think he’s favor you over Sean Payton but it’s a pretty good situation I think for a DC.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Please don't pre cope post about Hackett he's awful

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Metapod posted:

Please don't pre cope post about Hackett he's awful
I’m not said he’s good at all. I don’t even think we’re interviewing him. I’m saying I care way more about who they get to QB than who they get to call plays for the QB.

Hot take

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Are the people who are still Skylar Thompson truthers watching the same game as me? Is this a race thing? Are they troll accounts? I get not having faith in Tua, but you can do that without supporting this guy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Are Skylar truthers saying he's better than Tua?

I thought he looked like a reasonable QB2 in a ridiculously high pressure situation, so he exceeded my really low expectations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ummmmm

https://twitter.com/cameronwolfe/status/1615086057371959326?s=61&t=Fst4f0a-fkykAW9jKaqmcw

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ron Burgundy idontbelieveyou.gif

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wonder how my perception of Skylar would be changed if dudes caught his best passes yesterday.

Cause personally I thought he was pretty bad for a QB2 and reasonable for a QB3. Anytime there was any pressure he would just take off instead of trying to just step up and stay in the pocket and he missed a lot of gimme throws.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I think so. If people catch the gimmes, he's thrown for 250 yards at 60%, which is perfectly fine backup qb

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1615072016352292865?s=46&t=8Amb3HqDAVTJk9ZAfZvHbA

You were flirting with Vic Fangio last off-season before you stuck with Boyer. I don’t think he’s favor you over Sean Payton but it’s a pretty good situation I think for a DC.

This defense made sense when A) we were in a situation where the offense sucked so we had to force turnovers to win games, B) we had a guy who was great at designing and calling blitzes, and C) X and Jones were healthy and playing well.

Now that we have an actually good offense we need a defense that can limit big plays and hold teams to field goals.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1615094677249851393

As mostly expected, and seems good. BoB is not the latest wizzbang young genius, but some continuity and stability could also be pretty important to level Mac out after this disastrous year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Skylar is our backup. Thats it.

They dropped over 100 yards of completions from absolute dimes by Skylar. I guarantee you'll see Skylar slide into the backup role, and Miami will likely scour the end of the draft for another guy to add depth.

Great news about the DC

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

This defense made sense when A) we were in a situation where the offense sucked so we had to force turnovers to win games, B) we had a guy who was great at designing and calling blitzes, and C) X and Jones were healthy and playing well.

Now that we have an actually good offense we need a defense that can limit big plays and hold teams to field goals.

I agree with B and C, but I think the defense generally speaking works better with a good offense. It's built for 3rd and 5+, if you forced someone into passing more and with a little bit more desperation that'd be ideal.

Like you said, it kind of demands elite DB play to work, and I think it never really had a proof of concept against an elite offense.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

He's not getting fired, he's been disgruntled since Patricia was hired. I believe the Pats blocked him from interviewing last season too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 16, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Why is Achord staying rather than being drowned in a cranberry bog? Judge as ST coach makes perfect sense. Not sure why he needs Achord to “help” him

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Saw this on Reddit looking for info on Caley. Accurate?

quote:

The Caley situation is a weird one.

He wanted to go to Vegas with McDaniels, but he was still under contract with the Patriots and the Patriots blocked him from going. Like the one guy on offense they didn’t let go with McDaniels.

At the same time, Caley would not extend his contract with the Patriots beyond 2022. It was assumed when McDaniels left that Caley would take over as playcaller, but the Patriots supposedly wouldn’t do that unless he signed an extension.

So the one arguably competent potential playcaller on the Patriots this year just sort of hung around while Patricia hosed everything up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I suppose it's possible, but dude's never been close to calling plays. He was a graduate assistant / secondary coach at a bunch of college programs until the Pats hired him in 2015 as an offensive assistant at which point he became the TE coach in 2017 and has been there since. Doesn't really scream 'secret offensive genius' to me.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Get this man to a Judo gym.

https://twitter.com/wingfieldnfl/status/1615085895329218590?s=46&t=wVrs_VRPKe8GrWGloRoNZg

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

I suppose it's possible, but dude's never been close to calling plays. He was a graduate assistant / secondary coach at a bunch of college programs until the Pats hired him in 2015 as an offensive assistant at which point he became the TE coach in 2017 and has been there since. Doesn't really scream 'secret offensive genius' to me.

Not saying I think he is because I have no idea, but he was obviously blocked by McDaniels for most of that time and then Belichick just decided to do some galaxy brain poo poo this year with Patricia and Judge. Doesn't seem impossible that he's a solid option who just didn't get his opportunity in New England, I guess.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Skylar missed a few opportunities where Tyreek was open and instead tried to force passes to receivers that where well better covered. Where he really lost me is when he threw that pick on third and long into double coverage that marked the beginning of the end for Miami in that game. Any QB should have known that throw would have been exactly what the defense wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCZ37yL1JY