Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why don't they just demolish the mosque and build their stupid loving temple. no one is gonna stop them. what are they waiting for, do they get off on dragging it out or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sounds like some other politically active guy

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rutibex posted:

why don't they just demolish the mosque and build their stupid loving temple. no one is gonna stop them. what are they waiting for, do they get off on dragging it out or something

I wonder this sometimes too, I suspect the only entity they're really worried about pissing off with a scorched-earth move like that is KSA, but I can't exactly articulate why.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hitler was picking on less than 1% of the population. Palestinians are more like 50% of the population.

what I'm saying is that MP is much more genocidal and insane than hitler

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

though israel has done an excellent job in buying off egypt, ksa, uae and jordan I think going full messiah second coming on the temple mount would still cost them bigly and undo a lot of that effort

edit first cumming I guess

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Jan 5, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Palestineian population is being used for live testing of the military and psychological tech that every country will be deploying on both sides of their own borders in 10 years or so as climate change and out of control inequality continue their grim ignored march. So long as they're doing that they have the support of countries who will be buying those systems and services. Stop doing that and they're just another pain in everybody's rear end.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
israel cares about their image with countries they're allied with. i'm pretty sure tearing down the most holy site in islam after mecca and medina would be a deathknell

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Jan 5, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dti

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1610660197218881537

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oh so now it's a problem, huh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

posting that in the most insane evangelical fb groups

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Israel unveils controversial plans to overhaul judicial system https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/04/israel-unveils-controversial-plans-to-overhaul-judicial-system

they are giving the Knesset power to strike supreme court rulings with a simple majority

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I remember reading in Cspam or LF about Israel putting black, I think Ethiopian, Jews in internment camps. Am I misremembering? Can't find anything about that.
Did come across this piece about them forcefully sterilizing Ethiopian Jews again. That's good stuff, but not what I'm looking for.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-gave-birth-control-to-ethiopian-jews-without-their-consent-8468800.html

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Israel orders police to remove Palestine flags from public spaces

quote:

Israel’s new far-right Minister of National Security Itamar Ben-Gvir has instructed police to remove Palestinian flags from public spaces, calling the Palestinian national symbol an act of “terrorism”.

quote:

Ben-Gvir, in a statement, said waving the Palestinian flag is an act in support of “terrorism”.

“It cannot be that lawbreakers wave terrorist flags, incite and encourage terrorism, so I ordered the removal of flags supporting terrorism from the public space and to stop the incitement against Israel,” Ben-Gvir said.

They're really just going to go whole hog.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah, the final solution for the Palestinian problem, bit on the nose even by Israeli standards of cuntery

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

"Only democracy in the middle east."

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

been saying it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

many such cases!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
dti forever

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
nuke tel aviv

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

paul_soccer12 posted:

nuke tel aviv

the heavily armed racist babes are under my protection

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

there needs to be a well made emulation of this

every one i download is broken and never actually advances

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

there needs to be a well made emulation of this

For real, I'd like to try playing this game. It's called Shadow President or something, right?

All of the resigning advisors in this GIF always reminds me of the councillors in SimCity freaking out about cutting funding.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

For real, I'd like to try playing this game. It's called Shadow President or something, right?

All of the resigning advisors in this GIF always reminds me of the councillors in SimCity freaking out about cutting funding.

Yes, it's called Shadow President. The idea is that you are the President of the United States in the year 1990, and you have to manage domestic and foreign policy; manipulating the national budget, responding to various crises, and so on.

There's a re-election every four years where your chances of re-election (the game simply waives term limits) are based on your approval ratings. If you're not re-elected, Game Over. You can turn off re-elections, but you can still get a Game Over if you get impeached by Congress, if you get assassinated by foreign or domestic powers, if you get nuked, etc.

I used to play it a long time ago, and as I recall I had managed to develop a winning strategy where you'd withdraw troops from Kuwait one soldier at a time - this would bump up your approval ratings as you send the troops home, and then once your approval ratings were very high, you could start raising taxes in order to afford social welfare programs. Raising taxes would reduce your popularity, at which point you'd drip-feed the troops again so that people will like you again, until you get to get to a point where you're running maximum social welfare that eliminates all poverty, as funded by taxing the rich harder than FDR ever did, and everyone still loves you because one troop going home every week erases the enmity from the tax hikes.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yes, it's called Shadow President. The idea is that you are the President of the United States in the year 1990, and you have to manage domestic and foreign policy; manipulating the national budget, responding to various crises, and so on.

There's a re-election every four years where your chances of re-election (the game simply waives term limits) are based on your approval ratings. If you're not re-elected, Game Over. You can turn off re-elections, but you can still get a Game Over if you get impeached by Congress, if you get assassinated by foreign or domestic powers, if you get nuked, etc.

I used to play it a long time ago, and as I recall I had managed to develop a winning strategy where you'd withdraw troops from Kuwait one soldier at a time - this would bump up your approval ratings as you send the troops home, and then once your approval ratings were very high, you could start raising taxes in order to afford social welfare programs. Raising taxes would reduce your popularity, at which point you'd drip-feed the troops again so that people will like you again, until you get to get to a point where you're running maximum social welfare that eliminates all poverty, as funded by taxing the rich harder than FDR ever did, and everyone still loves you because one troop going home every week erases the enmity from the tax hikes.

lol Americans only like / care about troops when they're at war

stupid broken game

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
looking at that gif and noticing for the first time that your approval rating after nuking israel remains at 3%. glad to know there are still at least 10 million cool americans.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I mean if you don't deliberately try to break it in two and play it straight it's fairly interesting in an "End of History", West-Wing-style governance kind of way - the ancient interface is the worst thing about it

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean if you don't deliberately try to break it in two and play it straight it's fairly interesting in an "End of History", West-Wing-style governance kind of way - the ancient interface is the worst thing about it

lemme know if you find an emulator where it actually works!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1618667148465037313?s=20&t=XdC9_K3m3ZLQ8lyumy3vBw
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1618784209262231552?s=20&t=XdC9_K3m3ZLQ8lyumy3vBw

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Don't read the replies

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/5Pillarsuk/status/1619083100272689152

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

too much shooting in the holey land

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bibi expediting all gun license applications for israelis to defend themselves now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sorry meant to do "defend themselves" in quotes like that

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

bibi expediting all gun license applications for israelis to defend themselves now

Why even have gun licenses? :thunk:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Why even have gun licenses? :thunk:

to arrest those that can't get them

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Zionists trying to frame this like it was a gunman who walked into a synagogue and opened fire when it was actually on a street in an illegal settlement and the shooter was a relative of one of the 10 victims murdered by the IDF in the jenin refugee camp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://twitter.com/WASBAPPIN/status/1620310702761340935

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:psyduck: