Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

This document is riddled with felon's claws!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Jonathan, what’s a lesbiamis?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I do find when I'm in a sober, neurotic state Seth makes much more sense to me. But when I'm in an altered, perhaps dreamy/sleepy state it's Jonathan spitting straight hard truths and the real questions all the way through

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
For sure. It took me way too long to learn how great weed was, but once I did Seth's sober rants hit that much harder and Jonathan started making way much more sense. Which tracks with my general trajectory with the pod; when I started, I saw it as a show about a normal guy (Seth) and his crazy friend (Jah), and the more I listened the more I realized it was a show about two completely different but complimentary lunatics.

CaptainRat fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 12, 2023

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
How normal I thought Seth was decreased proportionally as I found out how much TV he watches.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Seth's Clips are a treasure

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Really we need to institute a system like Japan, where they can each be deemed a Living National Treasure to be cherished and protected.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Only weird thing about Seth is his attendance at some place called ‘sweet green’.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Oh yeah, he doesn't talk. That's his thing. He writes the order down.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Did we ever get an explanation for that?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

It's a good strategy

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Confusedslight posted:

Did we ever get an explanation for that?

it's seth

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought the written order was exclusively a Leaf thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3kxHkG7Jk

lol I forgot the detail about the paramedic trying to take Seth's blood pressure and Seth committing to his bit and refusing to verbally object

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Only weird thing about Seth is his attendance at some place called ‘sweet green’.

Sweetgreen is a pretty popular chain

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

eke out posted:

it's seth

He was tired of them getting the order wrong. It's a great move

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I'm into sweet green (I'm miming the J)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah I'm into sweet green (I'm miming the J)

"Yo, you got that Boom Nail? Where's that Dynamite Pencil?"

(Remember: Blunts sometimes contain crack cocaine.)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

- whats up, I’m 500 pounds, naked, with nipple clamps and covered in watermelon juice. are you cool?
- dog, I’m twelve

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

JethroMcB posted:

Sssssmokin' that Prius, son!

Someone's got a Bento Box!

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

"I put crack in it, that's what you sometimes do."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Offler posted:

"I put crack in it, that's what you sometimes do."

"It's the summer of 2016, all we're trying to do right now is go see Saw 12, why the gently caress did you put crack in this blunt"

Here's a "what was the episode" question: does anybody remember the segment where they clown on somebody for saying "Ballin'," and then for the rest of the episode they occasionally punctuate their riffs with a high-pitched, nasal "BAAAAAALLLLLIN'!"?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Here's a "what was the episode" question: does anybody remember the segment where they clown on somebody for saying "Ballin'," and then for the rest of the episode they occasionally punctuate their riffs with a high-pitched, nasal "BAAAAAALLLLLIN'!"?
Don't have the ep but I wanna say it was prompted by something like a police job listing seeking candidates with knowledge of street lingo that gave "ballin'" as an example.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I still need to hear my friends recollection of Seth doing a "herdehadda" rant and said, in character, "What about me!? And my peanuts!!??" I think in reference to restrictions based on peanut allergies.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

"It's the summer of 2016, all we're trying to do right now is go see Saw 12, why the gently caress did you put crack in this blunt"

Well this song came out in Oct. of 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIy2jqAuXU

So sometime after that! Doesn't narrow it down much

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The sudden casual nature with which Jah asks Seth what he thinks about Tom Brady's intimacy with his own son in 961 gave me incredible whiplash. I thought I had blacked out and missed a couple minutes of show building up to that discussion.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

C-Euro posted:

The sudden casual nature with which Jah asks Seth what he thinks about Tom Brady's intimacy with his own son in 961 gave me incredible whiplash. I thought I had blacked out and missed a couple minutes of show building up to that discussion.

My Dad's the GOAT at neck kisses

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have you heard that audioblog Down Right Talkin’?
Oh, with Schneer and Laterne?

Edit: No one’s ever smoked crack. I smoked crack once, but that was a fluke.

mweber fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 14, 2023

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like the last 5 or so episodes Seth has been really hyped up. He interrupts Jonathan way too often, tries to finish Jonathan's sentences and disrupts the flow too much.

Plus the bits about snake clits and barbed bee dicks seemed way too out of character for them and went on way too long. Any one else get the same vibe?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

They might be anxious because of economic instability.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

It is the Year of the Clit, after all

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
seth is on the dren, his eyes will be glowing yellow when they release the videos.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Finally noticed the answer to this is in 589:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Near the end of 427 Jonathan tells Seth he will make him tell "the niacin story" in the next episode. I'm most of the way through 428 and haven't heard any such story. What is the niacin story.
It's the Raisin Bran Crunch commercial story where Seth breaks out in hives from eating so much cereal and chomping on an assortment of free vitamins at craft services.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEp2tBFNoUI
Flat Daddy

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
“Who’s that guy?”
“Oh that’s Flat Jim”

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm committing to a relisten of the whole show over the next ? months/years. But I can't decide whether to go backwards or forwards! has anybody listened to the show in reverse order or is that crazy?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah I did that back when there were only like 350 episodes, but it was great. These days a full relisten is too daunting for me with so many episodes in the archives, plus the podcast app has gotten worse and doesn’t properly mark and delete listened episodes

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Flat Daddy's been drinking again."

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Went looking for UYD talking about Andrew Dice Clay (don't know why) and in episode 811 there's the Coca-Cola executive talking about how she gives her family a different sugary drink for each meal of the day.

e: And the guy who can't stop busting into the lipstick glass

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 19, 2023

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Lipstick on the glass guy was on some off the scale horny levels

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Went looking for UYD talking about Andrew Dice Clay (don't know why) and in episode 811 there's the Coca-Cola executive talking about how she gives her family a different sugary drink for each meal of the day.

e: And the guy who can't stop busting into the lipstick glass

I keep thinking about being in that family. So incredibly unsettling. Have a gold peak iced tea or a diet coke? How about have a full pannie at the breakfast table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Half of Dracula posted:

Lipstick on the glass guy was on some off the scale horny levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3oWfCadUA

Do it until it loses its magic effect