Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Up at 2 in the morning cause my brain had a nightmare the felt like having a stroke, hurray

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Rarity posted:

Up at 2 in the morning cause my brain had a nightmare the felt like having a stroke, hurray

:ohdear:

Shifty Nipples

Rarity posted:

ah jeeze that's very uncool of your brain thoughts to do

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Ass-penny

Dick Bastardly posted:

Apex Breadator

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in BYOB could help me figure out something. Do you know anything about cerise noire cherries? They're the only variety of cherry puree available to me at the brewery I'm at now.

Basically, I want to know if it's a tart cherry. It's okay if it has some sweetness, but does it have flavor beyond sweet, or is it like an American black cherry. I'm asking because if you brew with fruits you lose sugar in the brewing process, and often use the same kinds of fruits you'd use for baking or jams.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
When I google cerise noir I ultimately get the english named black cherry, which then leads me to the american black cherry. Is it a cultivar of the bird cherry (Prunus avium)?

Anyway when I look up cherry beers, the usual description of the taste is fresh and sour, more like cider.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Papa Was A Video Toaster

pro tip: fruit in beer never tastes like fruit
just brew the beer regular like and then pour some dark cherry concentrate by our friends at Bernard Jensen's in at the end and say you made it with real fruit

Escape From Noise

Yeah, I know it doesn't taste the same. I'm fine with that. I'm not adding concentrate or fruit post fermentation because I don't want to risk exploding packages.

Escape From Noise

From what I heard from people it wouldn't really work well for beer although it's apparently less sweet than American black cherries.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I think an IPA with a touch of cherry would go over well.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Escape From Noise

I was going to do a cherry and apricot golden strong, but I can't really use either from our current supplier (both have added sugar). I'm going to try and get them to let me use pomegranate again.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
tuesday is the most ordinary day of the week if you think about it. the only special feature of tuesday is tacos

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hello gunes! It's the first day of classes for the spring semester. Also, I finally landed a job that will work around my schedule easily, so that's great.

I have a buddy who enjoys building PCs and we've been designing up a sweet editing rig for Kacie and I with all kinds of neat high tech stuff that should help make photos look photo-ier.

Also I've dumped a ton of time into my portfolio website and it's looking pretty slick. There's an opportunity for me to start doing some freelance jobs for others in the editing realm that I'm also working on building up.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

I was going to do a cherry and apricot golden strong, but I can't really use either from our current supplier (both have added sugar). I'm going to try and get them to let me use pomegranate again.

Use pomegranate, tell them its cherry.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Use pomegranate, tell them its cherry.

I think I can maybe just state my case. I really think it would work well with the style and would be unique.

cruft

It snowed last night and now I have to go shovel 5 houses again. I'm trying not to be angry that my next door neighbor, whose back sidewalk I will again shovel, is out skiing. His mother-in-law used to shovel our back sidewalk, but since she died it doesn't get done.

Finger Prince

I think I can maybe just state my case. I really think it would work well with the style and would be unique.

Chuck some black pepper and turmeric in there, bit of cardamom, call it Tagine beer. Pair it with lamb dishes at the restaurant.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

cruft posted:

It snowed last night and now I have to go shovel 5 houses again. I'm trying not to be angry that my next door neighbor, whose back sidewalk I will again shovel, is out skiing. His mother-in-law used to shovel our back sidewalk, but since she died it doesn't get done.

Why tho

Why do these things? In this case do not hit da bricks, stay in your warm house

HP = fine art itt

Finger Prince

Fear not, citizens of good taste and prudence, Ideas Guy is here!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dr. Honked posted:

tuesday is the most ordinary day of the week if you think about it. the only special feature of tuesday is tacos

I paid someone an hamburger a couple days ago and he said that it would be definitively be paid back on Tuesday, which is today, so that's great.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i just got an email from the government weed shop. new kind of tuesday just dropped

Manifisto

Saoshyant posted:

I paid someone an hamburger a couple days ago and he said that it would be definitively be paid back on Tuesday, which is today, so that's great.

it is indeed sweet to be paid back on a tuesday for hamburger services rendered

ty nesamdoom!

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Finger Prince posted:

Fear not, citizens of good taste and prudence, Ideas Guy is here!

Yep, I got lots of ideas, but I reject your assertion I'm here in good taste

HP = fine art itt

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Chuck some black pepper and turmeric in there, bit of cardamom, call it Tagine beer. Pair it with lamb dishes at the restaurant.

I'm calling the police.

Shifty Nipples

Dr. Honked posted:

i just got an email from the government weed shop. new kind of tuesday just dropped

the weed store I go to does two joint tuesday

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Finger Prince

I'm calling the police.

You'll never take me alive!!

Finger Prince

New idea for a supervillain: Ideas Guy. Shows up in meetings and makes terrible, poorly thought out pitches, then utters his catchphrase "I'm just spitballing here", before leaving his calling card, an empty cup of coffee.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

New idea for a supervillain: Ideas Guy. Shows up in meetings and makes terrible, poorly thought out pitches, then utters his catchphrase "I'm just spitballing here", before leaving his calling card, an empty cup of coffee.

but it's not quite empty. it feels empty but there's just enough in there to spill on your shoes when you try to throw it away

Finger Prince

This guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPLbNtYHyI

Finger Prince

Dr. Honked posted:

but it's not quite empty. it feels empty but there's just enough in there to spill on your shoes when you try to throw it away

Superman looks down at his coffee stained tights "oh great, now it looks like I pissed myself. IDEAS GUUUYYYY!!" :arghfist:

Goons Are Gifts

Hello friends!!! It's very exciting because right now I am playing video games again and watching a comedy movie and it's quite chill
What is the color of your day? Yesterday I asked about theme, now it's color, maybe it can be a color theme, too?

cruft

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Why tho

Why do these things? In this case do not hit da bricks, stay in your warm house

A couple reasons:

1. my daddy told me this is just what you do, you shovel your sidewalk and you shovel the sidewalks of the old people next door who aren't as mobile as you are.

2. the way things work where I live, if somebody slips and falls on my house's sidewalk, they could sue (and probably win) for negligence

3. it gets me a little exercise in the morning

The problem is that most of the houses around me are vacant now, so I wind up shoveling a whole bunch of sidewalks. Our house is actually pretty tiny and I could have it shoveled in 10 minutes, but it turns into a 40-minute affair with all the other houses. Fortunately there are some renters across the street: a road construction crew who doesn't seem to think shoveling the sidewalk is a hardship.

But between the new neighbors who actually don't mind work, and somebody else getting my next door neighbor this morning, I only wound up doing two houses! Yay!

Now I'm sitting here with a nice cup of coffee talking to you fine people and life is good.

Finger Prince

What should I have for dinner? I'm thinking double decker tacos but I don't really have much in the way of toppings. I could hack together a bit of thin sliced frozen beef, eggs, onions, kimchi...
Actually that's sounding kind of good.

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

cruft posted:

A couple reasons:

1. my daddy told me this is just what you do, you shovel your sidewalk and you shovel the sidewalks of the old people next door who aren't as mobile as you are.

2. the way things work where I live, if somebody slips and falls on my house's sidewalk, they could sue (and probably win) for negligence

3. it gets me a little exercise in the morning

The problem is that most of the houses around me are vacant now, so I wind up shoveling a whole bunch of sidewalks. Our house is actually pretty tiny and I could have it shoveled in 10 minutes, but it turns into a 40-minute affair with all the other houses. Fortunately there are some renters across the street: a road construction crew who doesn't seem to think shoveling the sidewalk is a hardship.

But between the new neighbors who actually don't mind work, and somebody else getting my next door neighbor this morning, I only wound up doing two houses! Yay!

Now I'm sitting here with a nice cup of coffee talking to you fine people and life is good.

Well you've definitely got some good karma coming your way, so props

Hope the coffee is tasty!

HP = fine art itt

Ass-penny

Viginti Septem posted:

Hello gunes! It's the first day of classes for the spring semester. Also, I finally landed a job that will work around my schedule easily, so that's great.

I have a buddy who enjoys building PCs and we've been designing up a sweet editing rig for Kacie and I with all kinds of neat high tech stuff that should help make photos look photo-ier.

Also I've dumped a ton of time into my portfolio website and it's looking pretty slick. There's an opportunity for me to start doing some freelance jobs for others in the editing realm that I'm also working on building up.

good luck in class and on your new job vs

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

"Warm, anonymously moist air from the Gulf returning northward ahead of the cold front will help to fuel the development of showers and thunderstorms on Wednesday from the Southern Plains to the Ohio Valley."

Have they not tried asking for its ID?

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

"Warm, anonymously moist air from the Gulf returning northward ahead of the cold front will help to fuel the development of showers and thunderstorms on Wednesday from the Southern Plains to the Ohio Valley."

Have they not tried asking for its ID?

It's using a VPN.
(vociferously precipitating nimbus)

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 17, 2023

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

It's using a VPN.
(very precipitating nimbus)

:D

Finger Prince

I made it even fancier sounding lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

It's like sections of the data I review - Moist Air ID: Declined to state (code 7)