Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I just don't fret about hitting stir/season/taste at all. If I happen to see it I click it, if I don't I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

And that you can only make one dish for a while, though the fact that one dish is a component of almost all the other meals lessens the impact.

Also it sucks that cooking pots require moonstones.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 15, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Glacier lake values pumped up 10%. That's like a billion more silver from the GM's.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I have 300 Ancient Coins, my max. What should I be spending these on?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I Love Topanga posted:

I have 300 Ancient Coins, my max. What should I be spending these on?

Wheel spins

Save up some for Wednesday for the Borgen shop but it’s mostly going to be spins

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I’m still 11 farming levels away from unlocking the wheel. Anything before then?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think if the options you have are "void them" or "sell for a little bit of silver" you take the latter.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big ooof

Took me about 4 times trying cotton before I checked lol

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

MarcusSA posted:

Big ooof

Yeah… it’s eating the seeds you try to plant, too.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Big ooof

Just came here to ask what was up after losing all my golden seeds lmao

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Big ooof

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Someone other than FS should be able to push a notification to the updates page, I’ve got chat turned off so I would not have seen this.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

quote:

Attention: You can once again plant crops. Grape Juice use for the day has been reset and will work again. We are working on addressing the lost of seeds, cookies, and meals. Thank you for your patience.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

Someone other than FS should be able to push a notification to the updates page, I’ve got chat turned off so I would not have seen this.

Yeah they definitely need a better system for notifications when stuff like this happens.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

My daily task was to plant seeds :rms: Too bad I pissed away wheat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The compensation wasn’t too bad tbh

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MarcusSA posted:

The compensation wasn’t too bad tbh

Yes a nice touch I thought.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Aren't community rewards supposed to be proportional to how much you donate? I donated 100 3-leaf clovers but only got 10 steaks for it. Is that right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Proletarian Mango posted:

Aren't community rewards supposed to be proportional to how much you donate? I donated 100 3-leaf clovers but only got 10 steaks for it. Is that right?

No.

What you see is what you get. So everyone gets the same.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Proletarian Mango posted:

Nope. You only need to do 1 clover to qualify so long as it fills up. Especially early on never do more than 1 item and if you remember you can wait until it's actually done to contribute. Just have to get it in before reset.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
I started recently as Osx.

I’ve built the sawmill (which is at about 100 boards / 30 wood per hour) and storehouse, and think I should be saving for the quarry. Stones as a limiting component of fancy pipes seems to be blocking silver now. Does this seem right?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's a balancing act. Everything will be a limiter until it isn't. If more stone would be beneficial, by all means, go for it.

The trick is to buy what will help and upgrade it until it's no longer cost-effective to add more, then to return to it when you need more and the silver's no longer a problem.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

delfin posted:

The trick is to buy what will help and upgrade it until it's no longer cost-effective to add more

This. You'll see a lot of suggestions to max out your farm buildings or orchard, but a lot of your early currency is really needed for pets and other things you're unlocking. The game gets updates frequently enough that advice becomes irrelevant quickly.

-Orchard is great, but it's easy to beg for that stuff in chat or from goons. The real moneymakers in this game are fishing and pets, and until you get there it's far more efficient to just ask for help. Most players are sitting on millions of stamina and thousands of items they can share. I get thousands of nets every day, automatically.

-Only sell stuff from wood/stone crafting or fish you know are safe. Some fish are rarer than others and aren't fun to grind.

-Runestones under 10 can be gotten through the Wishing Well, there's some tricks for 11-20 but prioritize those runes early. Macaw and Python pets ASAP.

-Bank, Wine, Steak/Kabob, Bacon are all worthless before you know it. By the time you get a pig or a cow to slaughter, you won't need the cash. Cows are good for milk, chickens for feathers, and you should have some bacon for quests. Wine can get a bit of silver but isn't worth spending gold on.

-Reiterating the use of chat and giveaways, most my early silver and gold was given to me by complete strangers. This game is all about becoming a farming god and trading or giving away your bounty. There's an in-game list of new players to help others dump items on them. This game's economy is pretty unique in this aspect.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 15, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Someone was complaining about Watermelon Jail, "I've got 7000 watermelons harvested and no PoH." One of the mods said "Mine took about 45000."

stares at his 6000 and counting

That's a nope. I burned my stuff on grinding Exploring instead; and got it up to about 70% through E96. Getting to 4x99 is the only thing left that I can reasonably do to progress, as everything else is honey-gated or PoH-gated.

Hoping for E99 by the end of the week.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Coral Island seems cute though the very pretty town is hard to navigate atm

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

delfin posted:

Someone was complaining about Watermelon Jail, "I've got 7000 watermelons harvested and no PoH."

Edit: Guess I'm a liar, checking chat I must have gotten lucky early in the game.

Ah poo poo I was quoted. Yea I remember finding the thing back when I first started playing and was entering mailbox passwords, guess it just timed up that way and I got lucky. I have roughly 3k melons grown total, and half of those were grown for quests after I had the heart. 40k seems insane to me. I haven't even grown 40k corn.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 16, 2023

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Atoramos posted:

What did you do with the mailbox PoH? As far as I know I've only ever had the one PoH and never dug one up, but I could be mistaken.

say what now

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I’m at T130 now, and while I have the cash and AK/MM for T149, I don’t see a compelling reason to advance rather than just saving for the 1tn upgrades. Is there a reason I’m missing?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ruggan posted:

I’m at T130 now, and while I have the cash and AK/MM for T149, I don’t see a compelling reason to advance rather than just saving for the 1tn upgrades. Is there a reason I’m missing?

I’m not sure there actually are any, but there may be quests that require being T149 to unlock. You still get the extra 5 Mil per day per Tower level. And whatever the Tower level rewards are, outside of the Artifacts, if there are any that look worthwhile to you.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
If you don’t have quick sell or quick craft they’re both “on sale” now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

If you don’t have quick sell or quick craft they’re both “on sale” now

Both are must have items imo

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

quote:

MERCY SYSTEM IN BETA
- IN BETA: The Temple of Elios, the new mercy system, is in Town for Beta Testing
- IN BETA: The system works like this, if you sacrifice a particular item enough, you'll be rewarded with a very rare item and along the way some smaller rewards. This gives you a guaranteed path to get certain items you need to progress through the game.
- IN BETA: You can, of course, still get the rare items like you always have, but the Temple is more of a guarantee if you choose to go down that path
- IN BETA: The temple was designed to take items as you obtain them so that inventory cap really isn't a factor.
- IN BETA: You can reset a temple sacrificial reward chain, but you can only do that once per day. Each time you reset a reward chain, the amount that you need to sacrifice increases as well.
- IN BETA: To start with, there are 3 sacrificial chains available. More will be added in time. However, we are not putting every single rare item in the temple, just the ones that seem to be the most important towards game progression.
- IN BETA: In time, it is possible that new rare items will be obtainable only via the Temple of Elios as well. More info if and when that happens. We are planning to add some achievements and a merit badge via the temple also.
- IN BETA: Refresh the game to see the 'beta' chat channel again to talk about the temple

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So when can we sacrifice blood for Buddystones out of morbid curiosity

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

delfin posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha never mind. End of the following week, maybe.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha never mind. End of the following week, maybe.

Middle of December I did a quick calculation and thought I might reach e99 by new years if I was lucky. That was before I spent a lot more time farming Santa's workshop (high exp plus the event bonus) that I thought I would. I just reached 4x99 (x8 cooking) today :toot:. The level scaling on the last couple of levels is rough.

Granted, it could have been a lot faster with outside OJ/AP but I'm not really in a rush.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So the mercy system looks way over complicated. Why not just track explores/crops grown and drop the item once a threshold is met or just improve the drop rate. Or don’t require super rare items for game progression.

This feels like the worst possible solution

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

So the mercy system looks way over complicated. Why not just track explores/crops grown and drop the item once a threshold is met or just improve the drop rate. Or don’t require super rare items for game progression.

This feels like the worst possible solution

Yeah I’ve read that update about a dozen times and still don’t understand how it’s going to work.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

delfin posted:

Someone was complaining about Watermelon Jail, "I've got 7000 watermelons harvested and no PoH." One of the mods said "Mine took about 45000."

stares at his 6000 and counting

That's a nope. I burned my stuff on grinding Exploring instead; and got it up to about 70% through E96. Getting to 4x99 is the only thing left that I can reasonably do to progress, as everything else is honey-gated or PoH-gated.

53,993 watermelons so far, I doubt I grew more than 7k before this, all for quests.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah I’ve read that update about a dozen times and still don’t understand how it’s going to work.

It’s simpler than it sounds. You simply donate items, there’s rewards when you hit milestones, and when you finish you get the rare item.

This is the beginning of the track for Watermelon, which rewards a Piece of Heart at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So, 15,000 watermelons for a PoH.

Beats 15,000 without one, I suppose.