Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Looper posted:

help i'm starting to find things to like about balan wonderworld :negative:

Sounds like Stockholm syndrome to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper posted:

like what???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The stock tips are pretty good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust posted:

I don't know how anyone has the time/money/inclination to buy an AAA game sight unseen

i'm rich bitch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jay Rust posted:

I don't know how anyone has the time/money/inclination to buy an AAA game sight unseen

I'm rich, bitches.

E; fuckk!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

like what???

your main goal besides finishing levels is to collect balan trophies to unlock more worlds, and boss fights also have trophies available. the fights revolve around bosses using corrupted versions of each world's abilities and you countering them, and you get a trophy for each unique way you damage the boss. but you can also just hit them the same way repeatedly if you want. it's neat

also the cutscenes detailing the "tragic history" of each boss and how they overcome their problems are all really funny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Balan Wonderwall

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Looper posted:

ThorHighHeels' video on it convinced me to grab it when it was on sale though I haven't set aside time to play it yet.
It looks interesting as well as bad even just from a 'what were they thinking?' standpoint and I think that's always more engaging than just playing a mediocre game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Yu

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

**SPOILERS**

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone have the pentiment "decimate" jpg handy?

in Triangle Strat every battle so far has been "Decimate the enemy forces" but what they REALLY mean is "destroy". Such a bad game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

in Triangle Strat every battle so far has been "Decimate the enemy forces" but what they REALLY mean is "destroy". Such a bad game

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/the-original-definition-of-decimate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

**SPOILERS**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTD8mGymvJ0

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What the gently caress is even happening here?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

ThorHighHeels' video on it convinced me to grab it when it was on sale though I haven't set aside time to play it yet.
It looks interesting as well as bad even just from a 'what were they thinking?' standpoint and I think that's always more engaging than just playing a mediocre game.

can confirm there are tons of "what were they thinking??" moments

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really can't get over the font choices in forspoken

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

a high-budget debacle waiting to happen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity posted:

Beast Slice Lv. 1

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Beast Slice Lv. 1

it's Blast Slice

BECAUSE THAT'S A THING I CAN DO NOW

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I hope at least the traversal is fun in Forespoken. That can save an otherwise mediocre game for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Betrayed by my poor vision

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ForePoorSkin

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Before buying the game I really recommend watching the One-Threespoken Lore Explained video to catch up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You think you've caught me? Ha, wrong. Listen up, kid
Triangle Strategy tells me I have to decimate the enemy forces to claim victory. If we take it to mean "kill a large number of", then it's still wrong. That's right, it wants me to kill them ALL. IN NO WORLD IS IT USING THE WORD "DECIMATE" CORRECTLY.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I hope at least the traversal is fun in Forespoken. That can save an otherwise mediocre game for me.

:same:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

ForePoorSkin

Forspostiltzkin

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Jay Rust posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Yu

lol

feel like even if Yu isn't somehow a huge piece of poo poo it is remarkable that he would pick so many fights with so many corporations at once

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Inigo_Montoya_that_word.mp4

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I beat Nier. Pretty fun. The combat and character design was great, the seamless transition between 3D action, 2D action, and Shmup was fantastic. But the bosses didn’t have a lot of personality and I think I spent more time running around the hub world than actually doing the levels.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Did you get ending E?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i would kill to be able to experience the Amusement Park for the first time again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hatty posted:

Did you get ending E?

I didn’t even know there were alternate endings. I got the one where 9S becomes a bunch of machines.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol keep playing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm glad my andreas is a cool guy that knows about medicine, nature, and occultism and not any of that nerd poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gripweed posted:

I didn’t even know there were alternate endings. I got the one where 9S becomes a bunch of machines.

eat a fish

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just a reminder, Google Stadia shuts down tomorrow. Get in while you can on gaming's biggest and most successful platform ever.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Heard there were some rich people in here, pretty hosed up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

talking to a freaking cuff

Edit: also this menu design is just going to be my lasting memory of the game lol

even in jpegs you can see how blown out the lighting is