Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Do you have a custom DNS set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Nope, I don't have one set up.

I do have a "work profile" so I can access my employer's network, which probably includes a VPN behind the scenes. That said, this Gmail attachment problem started happening well after I installed the work profile, and it happens regardless of whether the work profile is turned on.

Also, I'm able to view/download attachments if I access Gmail via Chrome. It's just the app that's jacked up somehow. Think I'll try a different, non-Google app and see if it persists.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Trabant posted:

Nope, I don't have one set up.

I do have a "work profile" so I can access my employer's network, which probably includes a VPN behind the scenes. That said, this Gmail attachment problem started happening well after I installed the work profile, and it happens regardless of whether the work profile is turned on.

Also, I'm able to view/download attachments if I access Gmail via Chrome. It's just the app that's jacked up somehow. Think I'll try a different, non-Google app and see if it persists.

Just found this, seems similar to your issue but I didn't read it all https://support.google.com/mail/thr...unts-work?hl=en

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
^ Thank you for posting that -- I'll read through and see if there's anything I haven't tried yet.

In other news, I just tried Outlook and it has zero problems with the attachments :iiam:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Does anyone know how to change the default image gallery in WhatsApp? Just searched through the settings and couldn't find it.

I want to use Google Photos but it defaulted to Android Gallery or whatever loving trash image gallery app is on here that I can't uninstall.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't think you can set a default, but you can get to photos by a three dot menu at the top right in the gallery

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What's a good workout tracking app? Not for weightlifting stuff, I want to make sure whatever I use supports a variety things include stretching, yoga, cardio, everything.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

CLAM DOWN posted:

What's a good workout tracking app? Not for weightlifting stuff, I want to make sure whatever I use supports a variety things include stretching, yoga, cardio, everything.

Google Fit?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. What I mean by "tracking" isn't just "did yoga for 30 minutes". I mean like, do this stretch/pose, then this one, then this one, repeat x times, etc, all within that 30 minutes. So more fine-grained tracking/logging. Not what google fit does.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That's the kind of thing garmin connect is good at but obviously needs a garmin watch to go with it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

That's the kind of thing garmin connect is good at but obviously needs a garmin watch to go with it

I do have a Garmin watch! It can do that?? I've only used it to track individual things before, like a hike or bike ride. I haven't looked into the more detail stuff like that. Good recc, I will do some looking!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You can add workouts to it, either from a bunch of premade ones or making one from scratch

Then when you chose that activity you can load the workout

What activities you actually can choose might be limited by the watch model though

e: if you're making a custom one yourself definitely do it on the web version, it's a lot easier

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 12, 2023

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

You can add workouts to it, either from a bunch of premade ones or making one from scratch

Then when you chose that activity you can load the workout

What activities you actually can choose might be limited by the watch model though

e: if you're making a custom one yourself definitely do it on the web version, it's a lot easier

I have an Instinct 2. Gonna go mess around with this. Thank you!!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm gonna guess that the answer is either no, or yes but only with root, buuut...

I have a Huawei MediaPad M5, and it has a lockscreen option called Magazine Unlock. I can stick any images I want into the magazine unlock folder, then add them via the lockscreen, and every time the screen turns on, it will show a different one.

Is there any app that mimics this? I'd love to have something similar on my phone. Everything I've found just looks at online lists of images and chooses from there, instead of letting you put them on your phone.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I am looking for an app to convert my Samsung S7 Active into a baby monitor for local use. I am hoping to get a generic stream I can hook into our existing ipad/android IP Camera apps. I technically only need audio, just need to know if a child is screaming bloody murder while we're out in our detached hobby room. One of the children, age 3, has destroyed 2 baby monitors left in his room. I tried some random app and it drained the battery faster than it would charge and ran S L O Wly. It will not have access to the internet, just our LAN so no cloud bullshit need apply.

Paid is fine.

Also: Can the OP be edited to remove LastPass? They are not a great company.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'm using Fenix and all of a sudden none of my feeds can refresh and I can't log in to any of my accounts. Did the big dumb piss baby finally kill third-party clients?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

I'm using Fenix and all of a sudden none of my feeds can refresh and I can't log in to any of my accounts. Did the big dumb piss baby finally kill third-party clients?

You didn't say it so I'm guessing you're talking about twitter? I don't use any apps for it but yeah things are broken right now.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

grassy gnoll posted:

I use Fenix and it's not updating for me either. Whether this is malice or stupidity is a coin flip until word drops.

It might be worth checking nitter to see if the fire hose has been broken. I'm to lazy right now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Flamingo not working either, was about to try reinstalling Fenix until I read those posts.

God that sucks if he killed their API access, using a third party app solves like 90% of the problems people think are inherent to it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/mttvll/status/1613809046527541248

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

All 3rd party clients stopped working this morning.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Buddy uses twittererfic or something like that and it also died. Lol loving twitter.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone probably made a code change, pushed it live, and forgot a ;

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

More than likely it was intentional to drive people to the algorithm curated pages and ads since the cash flow to Twitter has basically stopped and they are starting to get evicted from offices for not paying rent.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

thanks elon

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bull3964 posted:

More than likely it was intentional to drive people to the algorithm curated pages and ads since the cash flow to Twitter has basically stopped and they are starting to get evicted from offices for not paying rent.

yeah it's this, the 3rd party ones didn't show the ads, etc, that elon wants you to see

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess it was only a matter of time, I know they weren't super happy about 3rd party apps even before Elon. Definitely going to drive my Twitter usage down though, I bounce right off of any non-chronological feed. Just immensely frustrating to deal with.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adblocking is king.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i've replaced it with a browser bookmark of tweetdeck but someday elon's going to remember tweetdeck exists

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
Fritter still works on fdroid if you want a newpipe-like experience for viewing twitter without ads. Same as new pipe you can't log in but you can make your own subscriptions etc locally.

Revanced patcher also supports the official twitter app and has a patch to remove timeline ads.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've been playing with Firefox on my phone once again and the one thing that I am missing is being able to swipe down to get the page to refresh. It's something I do a lot in Chrome. Is there a setting I'm missing or an add-on I could get?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Nightly does that iirc

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

I've been playing with Firefox on my phone once again and the one thing that I am missing is being able to swipe down to get the page to refresh. It's something I do a lot in Chrome. Is there a setting I'm missing or an add-on I could get?

Firefox nightly has pull to refresh in settings - customize.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

endocriminologist posted:

Nightly does that iirc

H110Hawk posted:

Firefox nightly has pull to refresh in settings - customize.

Much thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's official. Twitter hates that their app is poo poo, and 3rd party apps are not, so they disabled access to the API because they all violated this rule: _______________

https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/status/1615405842735714304

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Is there a very lightweight shopping list app? I currently use Check Off, but it takes a few steps to remove an entry from the list, rather than just one press or swipe. I don't want any bells or whistles, just a simple list that maximises screen space and lets me quickly add and remove/reorder entries. No cloud integration, fancy pictures or clever reminders.

Maybe even a todo list would work? But those I've seen have lots of reminders, deadlines etc and take up lots of screen space.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I pretty much just use Google Keep for shopping lists. Cloud based but very simple and straightforward and Google appears to have forgotten it exists so they might not gently caress it up for no reason later on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gromit posted:

Is there a very lightweight shopping list app? I currently use Check Off, but it takes a few steps to remove an entry from the list, rather than just one press or swipe. I don't want any bells or whistles, just a simple list that maximises screen space and lets me quickly add and remove/reorder entries. No cloud integration, fancy pictures or clever reminders.

Maybe even a todo list would work? But those I've seen have lots of reminders, deadlines etc and take up lots of screen space.

I just use Google Keep for my shopping lists

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Gromit posted:

Google Keep has checkboxes that work pretty well. And you can uncheck them later if you have staples you get each time.

I used to use ColorNote and you may like that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Gromit posted:

Anylist is great and well worth it. We use their paid family plan for 2 years now.