Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Couple more notes

- tonight's lead guest on Seth is Bruce Springsteen!
- as I'm like 86% sure that corden taped this week's shows last week, I (still) do not know why they would have dumped last night's show for a rerun
- seth is wearing a... suit? Idk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/world-cup-fans-say-loser-of-england-vs-usa-must-keep-james-corden-3354412

stakes just got too high

america must win

pwn
May 27, 2004

I simultaneously get why people hate James Corden, as I did for five years, and also have done a full and unapologetic 180° on him over the past 32 months. Seeing his show during the garage shows was a full stop and restart and the studio shows without an audience were magic, if you know, you know, those who were there will always know, those who weren't will never know and will be forgotten :smug:

pwn fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 24, 2022

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i don't think he's a horrible host at all, he's just 100% more suited for daytime time in my mind.

I mean dude got Reggie Watts as his music guy

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Corden is sort of funny in his own right, but I do not like his show's format where the guests interact. Nb I have not tried Corden out in many years, so if his show is different now, good for him!

Although I think Graham Norton is okay? He liquors up his guests and they have the most ridiculous stories and interactions, but I never found that in Corden.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

As much as I enjoy Seth and Colbert, Graham Norton is the only one who really feels like he's having a fun and real conversation with his guests.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I mean dude got Reggie Watts as his music guy

Scott Aukerman did it first.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As much as I enjoy Seth and Colbert, Graham Norton is the only one who really feels like he's having a fun and real conversation with his guests.
I like that about him, but his meanspiritedness gets to me because it's just slightly unfamiliar to me whereas the very American meanspiritnedness of the other hosts is just background radiation I've gotten used to.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

True, but even Norton doesn't beat Ferguson at that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I realize it can come off as self indulgent but I really like when Seth has his family on for holidays. Though even with them it's gets back to the interview rather than a conversation topic.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bit odd this week. Kimmel, Fallon and Colbert are new all week, but Corden is a rerun tonight with new shows Tuesday through Thursday. Still no word on the lost Tuesday ep from last week; I'm 100% sure those eps were taped the week before, which Corden all but confirms when he refers to the Wednesday show as episode 1134; if the Tuesday show had never been taped, Wednesday would have been 1133 (Monday was 1132). Why this ep was pulled at the last minute and whether it will ever air are both unknown. And Seth is reruns all week, as he typically does after Thanksgiving.

Fallon's got SNL on the brain, with current cast member James Austin Johnson tonight, former cast member Adam Sandler Thursday, and a special appearance from this week's host Keke Palmer Thursday as well. He also has Kevin Bacon on Friday, which means we're likely to get another musical homage from him and Fallon. Colbert, in true shitlib fashion, will have Treasury Secretary Yellen on Wednesday to talk about why hiking interest rates is so important for crushing the American workforce back into slavery wages bringing down inflation. Oh yeah and Fallon starts his annual 12 Days of Christmas Sweaters this week! I'm guessing that means it starts Thursday and ends Friday the 16th. Was wondering if they'd take the entire week of the 19th off, since Christmas is on a Sunday this year.

Schedule for the week starting 2022.11.28
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Don Lemon, Gabrielle Union
Tuesday - Sally Field, Maria Ressa
Wednesday - Secretary of Treasury Janet Yellen, Rob Delaney
Thursday - John Krasinski, Sarah Polley

Corden
Monday - Rerun
Tuesday - Chloë Grace Moretz, Glen Powell, Renee Rapp
Wednesday - Beth Behrs, Avril Lavigne and Yungblud
Thursday - David Harbour, Sarah Hyland, Dan Black

Kimmel
Monday - Kathryn Hahn, Dominic West, Beach Weather
Tuesday - Billy Crystal, Kate Berlant, Camilo
Wednesday - David Harbour, Lisa Ann Walter, Thee Sacred Souls
Thursday - Don Cheadle, Zoey Deutch, Chris Isaak

Fallon
Monday - Zoe Saldaña, James Austin Johnson, & Juliet
Tuesday - Whoopi Goldberg, Sam Worthington, Gabriel LaBelle, Manuel Turizo
Wednesday - Dolly Parton, Claire Foy, DOMi & JD BECK feat. Mac DeMarco
Thursday - Adam Sandler, Greta Gerwig, Dane Cook, Babyface Ray
Friday - Kevin Bacon, Theo James, Jay Jurden

Seth
Reruns

pwn
May 27, 2004

All shows filled with hot content! Colbert doing his USO thing on Tuesday, on Thursday Fallon has The Two Amigos, Steve Martin and Martin Short, Seth is back! And remember that ep Corden that was probably taped a couple weeks ago but never aired? The musical guest from that ep, Bazzi, will be on tonight's show. It's hard to say with MGs, as these days late night shows routinely record their performances out of order with the shows in which they're broadcast, so maybe it was recorded two weeks ago, maybe it had already been recorded earlier than that, maybe that episode was in fact not taped and Bazzi performed today? But then why did James call the next night's show #1,134 blah blah blah

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1597486693825007616
(There's two videos in the Tweet, but the embed only shows the first; you'll have to click through to Twitter to see the second.)

If that show did tape on the 22nd, what of the other two guests, Thomas Lennon and Kirby Howell-Baptiste? And the skits and bits? Well, the Wednesday ep doesn't have the main guests listed...

Edit: Listings for Wednesday updated, not them!

Schedule for the week starting 2022.12.05

Colbert
Monday - John David Washington, Naomi Osaka, Spoon
Tuesday - Special USO Episode: Red, White, and Greenland! Stephen Cold-Bear is Lost in Space Force
Wednesday - Kumail Nanjiani, Mariah Carey takes the Colbert Questionert
Thursday - Alicia Keys, Eddie Izzard

Corden
Monday - Kenan Thompson, Annaleigh Ashford, Bazzi
Tuesday - Noah Centineo, Max Thieriot, Syncopated Ladies
Wednesday - Josh Lucas, Kerry Condon, Jordan Jensen
Thursday - Olivia Colman, Sam Mendes, Micheal Ward

Kimmel
Monday - George Lopez, Haley Lu Richardson, Madi Diaz
Tuesday - Janelle Monáe, Sadie Sink, Rita Wilson and Smokey Robinson
Wednesday - Will Ferrell, Colson Baker, The Linda Lindas
Thursday - Jean Smart, Wes Bentley, Charley Crockett

Fallon
Monday - Selena Gomez, Sebastian Maniscalco, beabadoobee
Tuesday - Emma Thompson, Guillermo del Toro, Ashley McBryde and John Osborne
Wednesday - Michelle Pfeiffer, Lil Rel Howery, Clive Davis, Goose
Thursday - Steve Martin and Martin Short, H.E.R., Adam Blackstone feat. Mary Mary, Inayah, and The BBE Big Band
Friday - Miley Cyrus, Jesse Williams, Mary Mack

Seth
Monday - Lea Michele, Janelle James
Tuesday - Chris Hayes, Charlotte Nicdao
Wednesday - Jesse Eisenberg, Meghann Fahy
Thursday - Catherine Zeta-Jones, Hong Chau

pwn fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 7, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

Colbert in 2006:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X93u3anTco

Colbert in 2022:

(Gestures to his 25-minute commercial for Space Force that aired tonight)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

pwn posted:

(Gestures to his 25-minute commercial for Space Force that aired tonight)

He name-dropped the Kzinti, all is forgiven :unsmith:

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

So I know he's not popular in the thread, but Trevor's last night hit just right for me. It wasn't gushy or weird for anyone (because it's only been a seven year run), but it was playfully jabby with all the staff and he was, as always, pretty poignant about the experience, and clearly thankful for the opportunity.

When all the lockdowns happened, his was the one that felt the most personal and least-produced and it inured me to to him as a human, and I don't know why. He just shot his poo poo from a probably expansive apartment corner in NY and absolutely RUINED that LG OLED he was using as his backdrop with burn-in (I had the same one; it was 3D and super cool and did passive 3D and I killed it with the PS Plus logo from the PS4 menu being on the screen too long), but it felt scrappy and I admired the commitment to keeping things going. And when he did the no-audience Times Squire stuff, he showed that he's actually quite a good interviewer, and I liked that little snippet before they went back into the studio.

Basically I guess I'm saying I completely get the digs at the show post-Jon, but he built a good stable of correspondents, and it was great throwaway next-day stuff to have on while making dinner. I'm gonna miss having it around; as low-effort as some of the jokes were, his between-segments commentary was often really on point, and he was an important voice in the late night chorus.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The correspondents were excellent (well, Roy Wood jr. and Ronny Cheng were/are) and Noah is/was very funny in his stand up.
But Trevor Noah the man is self involved, he has an oversized regard of his own intellectualism and undersized one for others, and he's a womaniser. I respect him as much as I do Jay Z or smth. I have no issue with Noah the comedian really, but he himself is garbage man

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The correspondents were excellent (well, Roy Wood jr. and Ronny Cheng were/are) and Noah is/was very funny in his stand up.

I like Desi Lydic and Dulce Sloan.

The reason Trevor Noah's Daily Show didn't quite work is that there was a element of parody during Jon's run that doesn't quite exist in Trevor Noah's. Parodying the late nigh talking show's doesn't quite hit the same in 2022 than it did in 2002.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Last week (probably) for shows. Fallon's down to his last 5 Days of Christmas Sweaters and Seth isn't likely to be doing new shows after reruns. Colbert's Thursday show deffo seems like last-show-before-holiday-break vibin', Corden's all but certain to be off, as will Kimmel for reasons we'll get to shortly.

While we got that Bazzi performance last week (which was very definitely pretaped), doesn't look like we'll be seeing the other two guests from that lost show before 2022 is out, if ever. Corden will be on Fallon's Friday show! So that's neat. Seth goes day drinking with Lizzo on Tuesday. Colbert gives his band the center stage for a special holiday performance on Thursday. And Kimmel welcomes Weezer to wrap up their year-long series of seasonal EPs, with the onset of Winter. They've done their other performances on or near the Equinox/Solstice of the EP, and even though next Wednesday is the Winter Solstice, they'll be on Thursday. Which is why I'm saying Kimmel's off next week. 🤓

Schedule for the week starting 2022.12.12

Colbert
Monday - Common, Lily Collins
Tuesday - RuPaul, Ed Sheeran
Wednesday - Harrison Ford, José Andrés and Carlota, Inés and Lucía Andrés
Thursday - Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper, Louis Cato and the Late Show Band

Corden
Monday - Melissa McCarthy, Josh Groban
Tuesday - Zoe Saldana, Kumail Nanjiani, Talk
Wednesday - Michael McIntyre, Tegan and Sara
Thursday - Margot Robbie, Jean Smart

Kimmel
Monday - Michelle Obama, Marc Maron
Tuesday - Sigourney Weaver, Jovan Adepo, Dawes
Wednesday - Margot Robbie, The White Buffalo
Thursday - Brendan Fraser, Diego Calva, Weezer

Fallon
Monday - Kate Hudson, Morris Chestnut, a performance from A Beautiful Noise: The Neil Diamond Musical
Tuesday - Stanley Tucci, Michael Che and Sean Patton, Muni Long
Wednesday - Salma Hayek Pinault, Wiz Khalifa
Thursday - Regina Hall, F. Murray Abraham, Edvin Ryding and Omar Rudberg, Andrea, Matteo and Virginia Bocelli
Friday - James Corden, Jenna Ortega, Mike Feeney

Seth
Monday - Aubrey Plaza, Bashir Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle
Tuesday - Day Drinking with Lizzo, Kate Hudson, Angie Rito and Scott Tacinelli
Wednesday - Janelle Monáe, Rhian Teasdale and Hester Chambers, Wet Leg
Thursday - Paul Bettany, Lily Collins

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh yeah, and Amber Ruffin has her season finale on Friday. Really don't know what's going on with all that. She did two shows in October, a month later, two more shows in November, another month off and coming back for a finale? Her first season was 12 months and 35 eps, season 2 was more irregular with 17 episodes spread from October through June, and now five shows in three months.

Anyway tune in for that, wherever you find shows from that streamer

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

pwn posted:

Oh yeah, and Amber Ruffin has her season finale on Friday. Really don't know what's going on with all that. She did two shows in October, a month later, two more shows in November, another month off and coming back for a finale? Her first season was 12 months and 35 eps, season 2 was more irregular with 17 episodes spread from October through June, and now five shows in three months.

Anyway tune in for that, wherever you find shows from that streamer

This whole season of Amber's show has been really weird. It's probably lockdown nostalgia (that's probably going to become a thing, right?), but I absolutely loved when the show was just skits with Amber and the writers/crew (well, Wally, at least). Having it move to a more traditional format with sit-down interviews feels like Amber getting to live out a real dream of hers, so I'm happy for her, but it was great to have a solid 22 mins of goofy rear end skits and really honest, from-the-heart commentary on what was going on in the world.

I still love her, but the super sporadic episode releases has been a real head scratcher for sure, and I find myself not nearly as excited when they do drop, depending on the guests (which is true of almost all the late night shows).

Semi-related, but Day Drinking continues to be the best recurring segment on late night (and I mean that in the lower-case, everyone included sense, not just Seth's show), thanks in no small part to the people that he picks, and Lizzo was of course the perfect drinking buddy. That whole thing was hilarious.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Oh, well a lot of the stars from the 70's - they were not as hygienic as they appeared on TV. Yeah, you can take Mannix for example.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://youtu.be/TbSaBzO3tXA

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

SamBishop posted:

Semi-related, but Day Drinking continues to be the best recurring segment on late night (and I mean that in the lower-case, everyone included sense, not just Seth's show), thanks in no small part to the people that he picks, and Lizzo was of course the perfect drinking buddy. That whole thing was hilarious.

drat you weren't kidding, that was fun as hell. I hope they do that again sometime, Lizzo was amazing

I own this mug and am unashamed :colbert:

pwn
May 27, 2004

SamBishop posted:

This whole season of Amber's show has been really weird. It's probably lockdown nostalgia (that's probably going to become a thing, right?), but I absolutely loved when the show was just skits with Amber and the writers/crew (well, Wally, at least). Having it move to a more traditional format with sit-down interviews feels like Amber getting to live out a real dream of hers, so I'm happy for her, but it was great to have a solid 22 mins of goofy rear end skits and really honest, from-the-heart commentary on what was going on in the world.

I still love her, but the super sporadic episode releases has been a real head scratcher for sure, and I find myself not nearly as excited when they do drop, depending on the guests (which is true of almost all the late night shows.

At the end of the Seth Meyers Spectacular, she just referred to it as the "christmas season finale" and I can't tell if she means a season finale at christmas or a finale to the christmas season, but I'm going to choose to interpret it as the latter because that means we get more shows after holiday break.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Hawkperson posted:

drat you weren't kidding, that was fun as hell. I hope they do that again sometime, Lizzo was amazing

I own this mug and am unashamed :colbert:

It's my daily mug, and I love it to bits (not literal bits, because it and I would be broken). I'm so glad pwn (I think it was?) mentioned it was finally available on the NBC store after watching it slowly become A Thing during Corrections.

Oh, hey, speaking of!

pwn posted:

At the end of the Seth Meyers Spectacular, she just referred to it as the "christmas season finale" and I can't tell if she means a season finale at christmas or a finale to the christmas season, but I'm going to choose to interpret it as the latter because that means we get more shows after holiday break.

Yeah, with everyone on holiday hiatus, I'd imagine it's the latter too (since technically new seasons start in September right before November sweeps). I can't complain, since the entire games industry at least shuts down from Christmas Eve to, well, tomorrow, but I'm sometimes jealous of how the TV industry has months-long breaks built into their production schedules.

I'm hoping Amber will come back in February once the Late Night writer's room is back up to full speed, but also hope it means more episodes this season instead of shooting around when guests can appear for interviews - I know it can't be easy given that they share writing staff, studio and crew. I'm sure that's a lot union-mandated OT and they have to shoot it when everyone else would normally be off.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 2, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

Edit: Will try again later!

pwn fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 2, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

let's try this again.

SamBishop posted:

It's my daily mug, and I love it to bits (not literal bits, because it and I would be broken). I'm so glad pwn (I think it was?) mentioned it was finally available on the NBC store after watching it slowly become A Thing during Corrections.

Oh, hey, speaking of!

Yeah, with everyone on holiday hiatus, I'd imagine it's the latter too (since technically new seasons start in September right before November sweeps). I can't complain, since the entire games industry at least shuts down from Christmas Eve to, well, tomorrow, but I'm sometimes jealous of how the TV industry has months-long breaks built into their production schedules.

I'm hoping Amber will come back in February once the Late Night writer's room is back up to full speed, but also hope it means more episodes this season instead of shooting around when guests can appear for interviews - I know it can't be easy given that they share writing staff, studio and crew. I'm sure that's a lot union-mandated OT and they have to shoot it when everyone else would normally be off.

Thanks for reminding me, been meaning to clip and post about this.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1610236412502188032

It would seem her show is on the bubble, and this was the last episode of her current order. This wasn't on Youtube so I had to clip it. Twitter's limit for free accounts is 2:20 and I will never give that little twerp a penny so I had to slice it in two.

I hope she gets more shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And, after taking Monday off, we're back tonight! Colbert kicks things off with a banked piece from last year, Michelle Obama's Questionert; Fallon's back freshly-shaved (booooo), Seth's got Brendan Fraser fever, and Kimmel's doing a Friday show! Neat. Corden is off this week. Fire 'er up, it's back to the old grind.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.01.02

Colbert
Tuesday - Michelle Obama takes “The Colbert Questionert”, Quinta Brunson, Tom Papa
Wednesday - Shania Twain, Ayo Edebiri
Thursday - Chris Wallace, Jessie Buckley

Corden
Reruns

Kimmel
Tuesday - Seth Rogen, Diego Calva, Aoife O'Donovan and Allison Russell
Wednesday - Anna Kendrick, Jermaine Fowler, Sabrina Carpenter
Thursday - Laura Dern, Jeremy Allen White, Matt Mason
Friday - Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Ali Wentworth, Molly Tuttle

Fallon
Tuesday - Ana de Armas, Luke Grimes, Protoje
Wednesday - Winston Duke, Darren Aronofsky, Emma Myers, Idles
Thursday - Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb, Colin Quinn, Madison Cunningham
Friday - Allison Williams, TBA, Jessie Reyez

Seth
Tuesday - Michael Shannon, Danielle Brooks
Wednesday - Brendan Fraser, Patti LuPone
Thursday - Jordan Peele, Melissa Rauch

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

pwn posted:

let's try this again.

Thanks for reminding me, been meaning to clip and post about this.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1610236412502188032

It would seem her show is on the bubble, and this was the last episode of her current order. This wasn't on Youtube so I had to clip it. Twitter's limit for free accounts is 2:20 and I will never give that little twerp a penny so I had to slice it in two.

I hope she gets more shows.

Ohhhhhh man, yeah, that's got some major bubble vibes, and given the infrequency of when episodes were released, not entirely her fault; I guess the "season" order they got was so tiny they just tried to make the most of it. It really is a great show, and feels unique and scrappy in such a fun way, I too hope it gets a chance to really build up a head of steam; plenty of late night shows stumbled harder out of the gate and eventually found themselves, and it'd be a shame to have this just be another pandemic blip show.

Thanks so much for clipping and hacking those up, by the way!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Everyone's on this week! Fallon's got the former child actors, Colbert's got the former Prince, and Corden returns after an extra long break.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.01.09

Colbert
Monday - Tom Hanks, Rachael & Vilray
Tuesday - Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, Ingrid Andress
Wednesday - Janelle Monáe, Jamie Oliver
Thursday - TBA

Corden
Monday - Gwyneth Paltrow, Hilary Swank, Self Esteem
Tuesday - Regina Hall, Bella Ramsey, Alec Benjamin
Wednesday - Alexandra Daddario, Paul Dano, Jenny Zigrino
Thursday - Bryan Cranston, Sigourney Weaver, Quinn XCII

Kimmel
Monday - Austin Butler, Bella Ramsey, Iggy Pop, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning
Tuesday - Octavia Spencer, Ramón Rodríguez, Reneé Rapp
Wednesday - Bryan Cranston
Thursday - Viola Davis, Judd Hirsch, Chase Rice

Fallon
Monday - Al Pacino and Logan Lerman, Rupert Grint, Dry Cleaning
Tuesday - Leslie Jones, Giancarlo Esposito, Alvvays
Wednesday - Pedro Pascal, Finn Wolfhard, Drew and Jonathan Scott, Myke Towers
Thursday - Chelsea Handler, Matthew Macfadyen, Ralph Barbosa
Friday - Sadie Sink, TBA, Dayglow

Seth
Monday - Allison Williams, S.S. Rajamouli
Tuesday - Tom Hanks, Jessie Buckley, Stephen Markley
Wednesday - Gerard Butler, Nico Parker, Inhaler
Thursday - Anna Kendrick, John Larroquette

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1612658282383949825

This may not slap for you if you're not middle aged oh god i'm middle aged but i grew up on this specific version of the leno closing theme ("Kevin's Country") and after like 30 years to hear the full thing again is great. Finally found a decent upload, of a whole show no less (sadly natalie cole's performances are muted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UDqcx8cszc

You can hear her performances here, though the quality is somewhat lesser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_VFQ1S3MqM

And a softer version for the new year's eve 1993/94 show, Branford playing soprano, the opening of it is reminiscent of the full live song they did in 1991 pre-leno (which was also coincidentally a new year's concert)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyjEk4JgSsY

This is very special because it was only played the 2.5 years Branford led the band. After he left in January 1995, Eubanks continued playing it (it was his song, after all,) but without the bridge. For years i would wait for that bridge, getting excited on nights when there was full credits, but the bridge never came. For even though i watched NBC late night many nights in 1993 and 1994, my 11th and 12th years, i would not begin regularly recording then until 1995, 1996 really... I was always chasing those lost years of the Branford Marsalis tonight show band

Anyway I'm off to crumble into dust, ttyl~

pwn
May 27, 2004

Another week another dollar. A bit surprising that so many are working tonight on MLK day. Corden's the only one not.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.01.16

Colbert
Monday - Hugh Jackman, Mimi Webb
Tuesday - Jesse Eisenberg, Atsuko Okatsuka
Wednesday - Trevor Noah, Stephanie Hsu
Thursday - Rep. Adam Kinzinger, Meet Me at The Altar

Corden
Monday - Rerun
Tuesday - Danny DeVito and Lucy DeVito, Madison Cunningham
Wednesday - Angela Bassett, Julia Wolf
Thursday - Anna Kendrick, Scott Caan, Fabrizio Copano

Kimmel
Monday - Danny DeVito and Lucy DeVito, Travis Bennett
Tuesday - Rob Lowe, Storm Reid, Seal
Wednesday - Jennifer Lopez, Chris Perfetti, Fall Out Boy
Thursday - Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno and Sally Field, Jacob Latimore

Fallon
Monday - Aubrey Plaza, Jalyn Hall, Sudan Archives
Tuesday - Katie Holmes, Danielle Deadwyler, Anuel AA
Wednesday - John Oliver, Sam Smith, Fahim Anwar
Thursday - Colin Jost, Kenya Barris, Tobe Nwigwe
Friday - Aaron Judge, Josh Duhamel, Freddie Gibbs ft. Anderson .Paak

Seth
Monday - Leslie Jones, Rosie Perez
Tuesday - Common, Jonathan Lemire, a performance from the cast of Some Like It Hot
Wednesday - George Lopez, Sadie Sink
Thursday - Kenan Thompson, Jinkx Monsoon

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9pT40fJRk&t=1s

I'm not sure if this was posted, but a great Conan podcast about how he got Late Night, which is still an insane story to this day.

The detail of Fox nickle and diming the Simpsons was great. loving Fox.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

We might be getting a new half-hour Craig Ferguson show. https://deadline.com/2023/01/channel-surf-with-craig-ferguson-syndicated-late-night-talk-show-sony-fall-2023-1235224549/

Craig Ferguson posted:

I wanted to do Channel Surf because I think television is ready for the return of the silly/ funny/ occasional lip-synching puppet format. Also, it’s a TV show which contains clips of questionable moments from other TV shows thus creating a spectacular visual turducken of stupid

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GEOFF PETERSEN OR NO DEAL.

Okay, I'd still watch, but bring back Geoff, you jerk! :mad:

pwn
May 27, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

GEOFF PETERSEN OR NO DEAL.

Okay, I'd still watch, but bring back Geoff, you jerk! :mad:

He seems like he would be more than game for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVjGMvfeV9o

I doubt Worldwide Pants would stand in the way but I guess someone should get in touch with Walter Kim.

In the meantime here's a couple comps of his moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtn0pUbMkAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBTsbFoLtgo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving dying at "Hello, It's Morgan Freeman, I'm not dead yet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004