Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the conservative gotcha of "oh ho, you want to investigate trump for hoarding classified documents? well then, you must want to investigate biden for hoarding classified documents!" only works if your single brain cell operates on the core tenet of "rules for thee but not for me" that theirs do. anyone with a functioning brain just goes "sure"

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened", Worst Cartoon that Could Have Been Published 20 (or 30) Years Ago

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

No, but the FBI did.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Lester must have come in his trousers, hearing that the Biden documents were found in the vicinity of a vroom-vroom.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How is this anything but a good thing? Hell yes I want the POTUS to lose the ability to fire nukes

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

It's so bad that Joe Biden lynched Clarance Thomas and he never got to sit on the Supreme Court and not say anything for 30 years.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't this cartoon is actually about Prince Harry.

Also Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature because despite drawing him with a beard on the book cover, Todd Rolo forgot the beard everywhere else.

Seconded. Worst caricature I've seen in a while. Prince Harry has a thin stringy dark beard and slicked back hair. Nailed it!

If I squint a bit, he looks a like the Simpsons version of a red-headed Leonard Nimoy.

The worst part is that this is..not a bad sentiment for Rall cartoon. He just managed to mangle the delivery with his distractingly incompetent art "style"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cowcaster posted:

the conservative gotcha of "oh ho, you want to investigate trump for hoarding classified documents? well then, you must want to investigate biden for hoarding classified documents!" only works if your single brain cell operates on the core tenet of "rules for thee but not for me" that theirs do. anyone with a functioning brain just goes "sure"
But what about my faves?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Murdstone posted:

Who’s Michell?

Dollars to donuts it's "Michell Obama", who definitely is a man according to this racist moron, and is going to run for President so that Barack Obama can sneak back into the White House more officially.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

fool of sound posted:

Depends on if he had permission to take the documents home to work on them. I imagine he did cause he was VP and they probably get all kinds of special dispensations for that sort of thing but if a peon took home a dozen documents to work on and forgot about them, they'd be tossed into prison.

Nah, they wouldn't. Depends on what they are (and if there are any indications of espionage), but in most cases it wouldn't lead to a prosecution.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

predicto posted:

Nah, they wouldn't. Depends on what they are (and if there are any indications of espionage), but in most cases it wouldn't lead to a prosecution.

Yeah the ones that have been prosecuted were egregious. Like the guy who just tossed them in a public dumpster for neighborhood kids or the one who left it in someone else’s unlocked desk drawer in another state.

Trying to hide them is Trump’s crime.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I take it "cooker" doesn't have the same meanings in America as in Australia because the obvious jokes haven't been in cartoons yet.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Ann Telnaes

Randall Enos

Drew Sheneman

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ZeeToo posted:

Dollars to donuts it's "Michell Obama", who definitely is a man according to this racist moron, and is going to run for President so that Barack Obama can sneak back into the White House more officially.
I think that conspiracy theory has always favored Michael Obama; Branco just forgot the e because he ran out of space and was too lazy to redraw it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

C actually means Confidential. Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret are the three classifications.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

What?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

blue team good red team bad

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

"The Democrats keep trying to create equality, and the Republicans keep trying to eliminate it."

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trump mishandling classified documents is far worse than Biden misplacing them because Donald Trump is a moron who would sell nuclear secrets for thirty dollars and a happy meal. AGC.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Republicans drew an X, then Democrats wrote 'equality' over it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Maybe You Should Go Easy Next Time

Ted Rall posted:

Democrats defend Biden for taking classified documents home with him on the grounds that he took fewer and that he turned them in voluntarily, unlike Trump. Problem is, Biden was so vituperative when talking about Trump’s irresponsibility. Hypocrisy is political Kryptonite.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Maybe You Should Go Easy Next Time

Kellies nomination: worst caricature

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: worst caricature

At this point we should just split the caricature category into Rall and Non-Rall because loving hell we've had two Rall nominations with a week of each other.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It's definitely better than his Prince Harry. Although it deserves a nomination for Worst Hands.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
While we're at it why is Biden's suit two different colors, Ted? You are aware of the principle feature* of a suit, right?

*Excepting suits that come with multiple pairs of pants I guess.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's definitely better than his Prince Harry. Although it deserves a nomination for Worst Hands.

That hand is smaller than his ear

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
No one is impressed that you know the word vituperative, Ted.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Cool to see the One Joke as an entire political cartoon.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Does Stiglich think the Cheshire cat...died?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Frostyhawk posted:

Cool to see the One Joke as an entire political cartoon.

I'm more impressed that Branco has kept the teabag hat as a *good* thing for over a decade.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

i hadn't seen branco's humanoid elephant in profile in a while and by god i hope to not see it for years to come i forgot how horrifying it is

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Shugojin posted:

i hadn't seen branco's humanoid elephant in profile in a while and by god i hope to not see it for years to come i forgot how horrifying it is

Seriously, he's not allowed to draw an elephant ever again.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Murdstone posted:

But what about my faves?

Problematic, I'm sorry to tell you.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I do not like Branco's sideways elephant face.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

And if Newsom and the state legislature proposed top build the sort of infrastructure needed to capture as much rainwater as possible, you'd bitch and bitch about the DEBT that spending would cause. gently caress off, Mike.

This is a perfect example of the bullshit two-step even the "sane" Republicans do:
1) Point out a problem, real or imagined, and act all "woe is me" about it.
2) Refuse to support any sane solution because fixing the issue isn't the point.

I mean we all know this routine, it's just nice to see it so succinctly illustrated.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 18, 2023

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And if Newsom and the state legislature proposed top build the sort of infrastructure needed to capture as much rainwater as possible, you'd bitch and bitch about the DEBT that spending would cause. gently caress off, Mike.

This is a perfect example of the bullshit two-step even the "sane" Republicans do:
1) Point out a problem, real or imagined, and act all "woe is me" about it.
2) Refuse to support any sane solution because fixing the issue isn't the point.

I mean we all know this routine, it's just nice to see it so succinctly illustrated.

Because if he sucks up enough to rich people, he can make enough of a living to insulate himself from the consequence.

They don't want to fix any problems because that would undercut their argument that government is vile poison and that free markets are the only solution to every crisis.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Shugojin posted:

Someone post that elephant from the gay abortions comic because that's what that chiseled jowl reminds me of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA