Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MOX VS HANGMAN 24 23.08%
JUNGLEHOOK VS THE FIRM 1 0.96%
DANIELSON VS TAKESHITA 45 43.27%
SARAYA AND TONI VS HAYTER AND BAKER 0 0%
ELITE VS DEATH TRIANGLE 7 34 32.69%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/spMjw4PPXzQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Give me Jay vs Joe at our best with some fancy billionaire AI upscaling.

https://youtu.be/QCyCclBs-fE

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

God drat rip Jay

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Top 5 dead or alive :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm going to stream a bunch of Briscoes stuff if anyone wants to join me:

http://psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1245848752092401664

:smith:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
just wretched news. man.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Briscoes v FTR was one of the greatest trilogies of tag matches I have ever seen, just unreal poo poo. So sad it ends this way, grateful I got to see what I did.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Very sad news about Jay Briscoe, I didn't get into ROH until like around 2011 or so but him and Mark were always one of the most entertaining parts of any ROH show I watched. The match they had against GoD at MSG and the matches they had against FTR are literally some of the best pro wrestling tag team matches I've seen, bar none.

Posting one of the greatest Briscoe Brothers promos of all time in his memory. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELOn2amIn_w

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I assume AEW is able to do some kind of tribute/recognition tomorrow night, right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I assume AEW is able to do some kind of tribute/recognition tomorrow night, right?

They might save it for SCOH. Maybe more appropriate.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They’ll at the least have a graphic at the start of the show. Probably little tributes from people in matches or promos throughout the night. But yeah, I’d expect a bigger tribute at Supercard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy loving poo poo

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I never got to see a Briscoes match. Just awful.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what the gently caress

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

They might save it for SCOH. Maybe more appropriate.

gently caress that do it on AEW they should've been on there for years and now it's too late. The Briscoes have their due.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Awful. Goddamn.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

cm punk in 2011 is what got a bunch of my friends back into wrestling in general, but it was showing them the briscoes vs steenerico ladder war that got them interested in wrestling outside the fed. they bring it up still to this day.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

gently caress that do it on AEW they should've been on there for years and now it's too late. The Briscoes have their due.

They might want to wait until Mark's up to it, and I doubt that'll be the case for a few weeks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Terrible news

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
They should do both IMO. More than a quick shout tomorrow, then dedicate the whole supercard show to him. Jay and Mark have literally been with the promotion their entire careers.

(The promotion in this instance being ROH that is)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If Punk comes back everything Punk did was good and he's a good person.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

it took me a while to really get the briscoes but once they turned heel in 2017 it all clicked. most of the roh shows i've been to, the briscoes had the best match. the ftr trilogy was so great. he was 38 and had a bunch of kids this is loving horrifying

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lid posted:

Thst was a network decision, not Tony Khan.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Dave is saying two children are also hospitalized as a result of the car accident. Send them your thoughts!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

spinst posted:

Dave is saying two children are also hospitalized as a result of the car accident. Send them your thoughts!

ugh, feel like the more info that comes out the worse this will get. That sucks.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Those poor kids :(

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

spinst posted:

A second adult died in the crash

Please god, not his wife.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1615542770005061636

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

well that's pretty unsettling

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

very

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1615543995970748416?s=46&t=uykqqxxboOkyziPMt5hkzw

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cliche as it may sound, everyone should take a moment to tell their loved ones how much they love and appreciate them. You just never know what is going to happen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God this is awful

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

well that broke me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus I don’t think I’ve ever seen a school cancellation for a wrestler passing before. This is so gutting.

Edit: apparently his wife (and mother) work in the school district. Ugh.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 18, 2023

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mighty not just be the wrestler that died :(

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think we should be bracing ourselves for the worst possible news.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Life can be a real piece of poo poo sometimes. Hey ya'll we ain't got time to be hating one another or the ones we love. Tell your wife you love her. Tell your husband you love him. Hug and kiss your kids and let them know you're proud of them and care about them. Tell your friends and partners all the good thoughts you have about them. Because you might not be able to tomorrow.

I love you all and sincerely love this place because it's where a lot of my friends hang out.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hey what the fucccccckkkkkk :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

oh man :(