Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Our present is Blade Runner without the fun parts

What were the fun parts (besides being a cool movie about an apocalyptic hellhole)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I guess it posits a drought free California.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Spazzle posted:

What were the fun parts (besides being a cool movie about an apocalyptic hellhole)?

Rutger Hauer

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

skooma512 posted:

And yet In N Out is by far the restaurant I get diarrhea the most from, my partner too.

Then again, it's likely the shake more than anything.

man if my partner gave me diarrhea that would be too much. I'm done.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

skooma512 posted:

And yet In N Out is by far the restaurant I get diarrhea the most from, my partner too.

Then again, it's likely the shake more than anything.

Maybe stop eating food that gives you diarrhea. Nah... that's crazy. Forget it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah? She went on a diabetes drug to lose weight. She lost weight and dropped the drug. Then she gained it all back.

Nowhere in the article does it say she tried combining the drug with healthier diet and exercise, or mention either at all. Because the drug makes you not hungry. When she went off the drug, her appetite came back hard.

Diabetes management (and prediabetes) is more than stabbing yourself in the rear end once a week. If she's unlucky, she'll get to stab herself in the rear end several times a day (or get a pump and she can influence for Meditronic or Dexcom).

Both of my brothers and both of my parents are diabetic, so I've been hearing "combined with a healthy diet and exercise" my entire life. I'm just lucky, or weed is staving off type 2.

I misread it as increased binge eating on the drug and then even more off it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Having diarrhea is awesome.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Spazzle posted:

flying cars, blimps, techno-pyramid mansions

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Spazzle posted:

3d e-gf

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

have you checked if you are lactose intolerant

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ruffian Price posted:

blade without the runner

ugh the guillotine thread is leaking

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Spazzle posted:

A new life, on the off-world colonies

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1615489408660312064
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1615566880701546497

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
a puff of cigarette. i will do a puff

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:thermidor:

gently caress now I want to uber eats some movie theater popcorn

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RandomBlue posted:

I wonder if movie theaters are still selling off snack packs and giant bags of popcorn you can pick up for takeout like they were at the start of the pandemic. I saw some ads for it that seemed less gouging than say normal theater snack prices.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Serak posted:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

edit:nm

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Serak posted:

A new life, created by slaves.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

RandomBlue posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Flavacol-Popcorn-Season-Salt-Carton/dp/B081JD3GBD/

This + popcorn kernels + a silicon popcorn popping bowl for a microwave + coconut or vegetable oil will produce stuff that is identical to what you got at the movie theater for pennies a tub.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

tokin opposition posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Flavacol-Popcorn-Season-Salt-Carton/dp/B081JD3GBD/

This + popcorn kernels + a silicon popcorn popping bowl for a microwave + coconut or vegetable oil will produce stuff that is identical to what you got at the movie theater for pennies a tub.

If this is another lie by big popcorn I will find you.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
capitalism cordyceps, many such cases

https://twitter.com/AMarkdalen/status/1614552282376314880

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't like how it looks very much and I'm Joe Consumer so that might have something to do with it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Can't believe Joe Q. Public doesn't want a flimsy digital synth for two thousand dollars. Was sampling from FM radio not enough?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

how many people really need whatever those devices I cannot recognize are

"pocket operator - office" and it looks like cheap 80s japanese products. ok yah, I "need" that, whatever it is

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Antonymous posted:

how many people really need whatever those devices I cannot recognize are

"pocket operator - office" and it looks like cheap 80s japanese products. ok yah, I "need" that, whatever it is

They're synthesizers. But he's suggesting they could have branched out into less niche tech stuff.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
look teenage engineering make cool toys that are extremely expensive for what they are but are also well made. they're high-quality niche products.

it was more a comment how that guy is completely befuddled that a company like that can exist. why not lower standards, broaden product offerings, conquer the world??? how can you just do a small number of things well and make a comfortable, consisent profit that allows you to keep doing that? how can you be satisfied without exponential growth of your customer base? leaving money on the table! they must be idiots.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dylan16807 posted:

They're synthesizers. But he's suggesting they could have branched out into less niche tech stuff.
I assumed the link to the gameboy with a crank meant they already had branched out to even more niche electronics. What's also funny is that there are countless stories about companies dying from trying to grow too fast. Ranging from Worlds of wonder ramping up after 3 of the biggest holiday toys in the 80's and banking on always having the next teddy ruxpin/NES/Lazer Tag to Craftsman Tools dedicating so much of their production capacity to Sears that Sears was able to drive them out of business and buy them out.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Teenage Engineering had a lamp & audio range in IKEA for a while so it's not like they haven't tried mass market

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

So is their entire design language just "what if vaporwave had a physical form" because I hate that

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

So is their entire design language just "what if vaporwave had a physical form" because I hate that

No it's "what if vintage Braun, but designed by AI that doesn't get it"

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

blunt posted:

Teenage Engineering had a lamp & audio range in IKEA for a while so it's not like they haven't tried mass market

huh! those look sick

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No it's "what if vintage Braun, but designed by AI that doesn't get it"

if of all things you think teenage engineering "doesnt get" design you're a loving idiot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bitmap posted:

if of all things you think teenage engineering "doesnt get" design you're a loving idiot

lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
TE stuff seems pretty pricey, but don't worry I've found a solution AND SO CAN YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

he's laughing out loud over here!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Spazzle posted:

Food is the new sex

I also want to say I appreciated this joke and it flew under the radar

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm laugh cum smirking.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

highlight of the past ten pages was an american randomly lamenting "i eat a burger to forget i share a planet with israel" and nobody responded, this is the content i crave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Spazzle posted:

I guess it posits a drought free California.

What if i told you the drought in california was already free