Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's music at Coachella??

https://time.is/ is your best friend when it comes to getting concert tickets/new consoles/hype shoes/whatever limited quantity luxury item you're trying to buy on the internet.

Neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Want to hate yourself for 2 minutes 20 seconds?

There's an actual NFT game out finally, and good lord is it unappealing.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1614623290353487873

Is this what actual video games sound like to people over 60?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Is this what actual video games sound like to people over 60?

When it got to the if you got dogs to go with your apes you can get different levels of tickets and buy boosts I was certain it was taking the piss

I was wrong.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

When it got to the if you got dogs to go with your apes you can get different levels of tickets and buy boosts I was certain it was taking the piss

I was wrong.

But are there any slurp juices?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My friends are going to coachella on my birthday weekend so I'm thinking about tagging along because one of them has housing 15 minutes from the venue...I don't know any of the artists performing but it's always a good time to discover new artists while doing drugs, right?

You don’t know Idris Elba?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Big Jesus posted:

You don’t know Idris Elba?

ooops I guess I do know at least one.... I read the list a few days ago so was going off my memory, which apparently failed me

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

25 years ago today, my mom died from ovarian cancer. Just want to say hug your loved ones because you never know when something will take them from you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My new pet peeve is people reaching out on LinkedIn, knowing I’m looking for a job, asking to see my resume.

Like….isn’t that what LinkedIn is for? It’s all right there my guy. Sure I’ll send you this pdf that says exactly what my LinkedIn says, go nuts.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

My new pet peeve is people reaching out on LinkedIn, knowing I’m looking for a job, asking to see my resume.

Like….isn’t that what LinkedIn is for? It’s all right there my guy. Sure I’ll send you this pdf that says exactly what my LinkedIn says, go nuts.

Send them a screenshot of your LinkedIn when they ask.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Export your Li profile as a pdf and send that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Goatse

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am not sure if recruiters are just shooting their shot and hoping they get lucky or if they really are as slow as they come across in every Linkedin contact. What do you mean you don't want to take a temporary contract position 6 titles lower than your current position with 30% of the pay and no benefits, don't you at least want to discuss it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Death Cab/Postal Service are doing a Transatlanticism/Give Up tour where they're just playing both albums.

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo

Got tickets

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Use this attachment if you want your lats to feel like wings, the mind muscle connection is taking over my neural network aughhhhbv

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Use this attachment if you want your lats to feel like wings, the mind muscle connection is taking over my neural network aughhhhbv

i am happy for you :)

I want muscles

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

These attachments popped up at my gym. What's the main difference between a normal lat pulldown bar? Grip type wouldn't change lat engagement that drastically, right?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pain of Mind posted:

I am not sure if recruiters are just shooting their shot and hoping they get lucky or if they really are as slow as they come across in every Linkedin contact. What do you mean you don't want to take a temporary contract position 6 titles lower than your current position with 30% of the pay and no benefits, don't you at least want to discuss it?

Those guys are just resume farmers. They're not actually recruiting, all they want is personal data they can aggregate and sell to marketers and/or turn over to the CCP. I tell my users to block them on sight.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Dango Bango posted:

These attachments popped up at my gym. What's the main difference between a normal lat pulldown bar? Grip type wouldn't change lat engagement that drastically, right?

Yah it will. I am new to this bar but these are my obs:

- the grips don’t require a lot of grip strength, since you hook your fingers on them. No need for straps or worry about your grip limiting back growth

- the neutral handles fry my lats very hard

- the 22 inch length is just right in that Goldilocks zone

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

dirty shrimp money posted:

Those guys are just resume farmers. They're not actually recruiting, all they want is personal data they can aggregate and sell to marketers and/or turn over to the CCP. I tell my users to block them on sight.

I am not sure about that, they tend to be at known contract recruiting agencies and such and have actual positions, but they are obviously just shotgunning out stuff to any resume with any slight overlap to the position. It could be true as well if they are faking their info or making side money selling your stuff, but I am pretty sure if I responded they would have an actual role.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 18, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

- the grips don’t require a lot of grip strength, since you hook your fingers on them. No need for straps or worry about your grip limiting back growth

Cool. Thanks for the input. I'll have to try it out next time I'm doing back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pron on VHS posted:

Huh, my gym got those recently and I'll have to try em out. Trying to really get back in the gym more after cutting back since COVID hit

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i am happy for you :)

I want muscles

Lift weights. Eat food. Get sleep.

Simple recipe for muscles

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pain of Mind posted:

Yeah this is why I haven’t posted on LinkedIn about me being laid off. Someone I work with posted about it and got over 200 messages on LinkedIn in a matter of a few hours. There’s no way all of that is legit.

I’ve had a ton of recruiters that are recruiting for their companies and a ton of recruiting agencies reaching out just because it’s news in the industry that my company did layoffs. I’m 100% giving my time first to the recruiters that actually work for the company they recruit for before anyone else.

I’ve also worked in the industry long enough that I have a ton of contacts. I’ve already been offered two jobs that I’ve turned down because they weren’t what I wanted/money wasn’t where I wanted it. There’s no shortage of people hiring.

As I say that I just saw Amazon laid off 18,000 people

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my company, a multinational software corp with over 100,000 employees, exclusively uses recruiters for hiring. Which sucks. But it is very common in this industry, and it means that at least some of those recruiters out there are legit. You have to filter through the mess, you can't just blanket ignore all the recruiters, if you want to land a job in many industries today.

Also, recruiters are almost universally bad. Some of them are only somewhat bad, feeding us resumes of dozens of unqualified people along with quite a fair few qualified people. Some are pathetic, just spamming poo poo out there and bringing in almost nobody remotely suited to a software technical writing job. My boss says sometimes she has leeway to fire a recruiter but usually all she can do is pass feedback up the chain and hope someone higher up agrees to yeet them. Which they sometimes do, but maybe not till weeks later.

On the flip side, I get contacted by recruiters via linkedin all the time. They're mostly obviously spamming like crazy. No, I do not want to open a fast food franchise. No, I do not want to work full time, mandatory in-office, 150 miles away from where I live. No, I am not interested in connecting with you, random person I've never met who has zero contacts in common with me and a completely blank introduction.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had someone reach out to me once because we didn’t match on Bumble so she found me on LinkedIn. That was weird.

No I did not take the job she was offering :v:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I agree that recruiters are mostly volume shooters, and shouldn't be relied on if you're job-seeking.
Having said that, I just had a recruiter contact me on LinkedIn with a specific job at a known company citing specific job skills I have in my profile. That's seemingly low bar is still difficult for most messages to hit, so if a good one actually found their way to my inbox I could use that contact when I'm actually looking to job hop.

But that's one of a slew of lovely messages I was interested in following up on.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had someone reach out to me once because we didn’t match on Bumble so she found me on LinkedIn. That was weird.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m going to start referring to dating as “six month contract to hire” :hmmyes:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

my company, a multinational software corp with over 100,000 employees, exclusively uses recruiters for hiring. Which sucks. But it is very common in this industry, and it means that at least some of those recruiters out there are legit. You have to filter through the mess, you can't just blanket ignore all the recruiters, if you want to land a job in many industries today.

Also, recruiters are almost universally bad. Some of them are only somewhat bad, feeding us resumes of dozens of unqualified people along with quite a fair few qualified people. Some are pathetic, just spamming poo poo out there and bringing in almost nobody remotely suited to a software technical writing job. My boss says sometimes she has leeway to fire a recruiter but usually all she can do is pass feedback up the chain and hope someone higher up agrees to yeet them. Which they sometimes do, but maybe not till weeks later.

On the flip side, I get contacted by recruiters via linkedin all the time. They're mostly obviously spamming like crazy. No, I do not want to open a fast food franchise. No, I do not want to work full time, mandatory in-office, 150 miles away from where I live. No, I am not interested in connecting with you, random person I've never met who has zero contacts in common with me and a completely blank introduction.

+1 to pretty much all of this.

Recruiters work on quantity, not quality. The 30k employee company I worked for a couple years ago went exclusively through recruiters, which was annoying as hell when they were trying to rush hire me, and me and the hiring manager had contact info for each other, but had to do everything official through the recruiter channels. They were at least quick to respond because it was closing the deal.

When I wanted to change industries and reached out with a request requiring any amount of nuance beyond "give hiring manager a resume", it was radio silence.

I've also gotten the WTF messages on LinkedIn, and having worked in so many different industries they really are just all over the place.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

The fact it started on Bumble makes me think she was offering :lolplant:.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Every job I've ever had was through a recruiter. But there was a lot of shots in the dark from the recruiters who also didn't apparently read my resume so I've definitely had to sift through terrible offerings.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

The fact it started on Bumble makes me think she was offering :lolplant:.

That’s the joke, yes

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Guess I coulda been more nuanced. I actually like recruiters - they mean there is verifiably a job, it's not just getting filled by Tommy Boy's relative, and my resume is going to be actually read by the hiring manager. I don't even bother applying to jobs I haven't spoke to a recruiter about first anymore - I never got a call back anyway. Like two or three times a week I get obviously genuine recruiters whom you can tell actually searched me out, and for those I actually do respond since I'm still looking around.

For every one of those however I get 25 emails from shady people looking for my resume to sign me up for some 1099 grunt work. Those are the fakes and resume farmers.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 18, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The union contract I represent is about 2 weeks from striking and I am rapidly running out of hours in the day. Does anyone use any meal replacement smoothies/powders/whatever that actually save time and provide a healthy meal replacement?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
no pre-made meal replacement powder is good. you should make your own. here are two:

- oats, frozen berries, kefir, raw honey and whey isolate powder in a blender.

if you are a goblin blend a can of v8 and a can of tuna together

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

What episode(s) of Boba Fett do we need to watch for Mando canon?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What episode(s) of Boba Fett do we need to watch for Mando canon?

Final 3 episodes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Book of Boba Fett, a season of television so boring that 57% of the way through it tosses up its hands and says "never mind, here's Mandalorian season 2.5."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They just had to do Space Sapranos, was that so hard?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I only watched the last 3 episodes of Boba Fett, and I was very grateful that was all I watched. I didn't even really need to watch more than the 1 stand alone Mandalorian episode. The others were pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Admittedly, making Boba Fett a charisma-free crime lord who does no crime and minimal lording is a good bit, but it wears thin over 5.5 episodes.