Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/RaenefFFXIV/status/1615380076576780288?t=aTdUibmmtjcTBRuILsumpA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Make a wish!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I’m disappointed that there isn’t a Hildibrand drink.

Hildy's is a Sunday Lunch

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The hammer is good, but I wish Gaia's outfit wasn't just a one-piece.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm just wondering: are there any well-known communities for treasure hunting, a'la the Centurio Hunts discord?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

E: wrong thread. Ignore me.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 18, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol guess who just found out that in the Althyk and Nymeia fight that if you kill Althyk before the knockback acceleration goes off the acceleration doesn't go off and half the raid dies?

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 18, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Not the spoiler thread friend

E: Yeah thinking about it with the ffxiv twitter feed posting about the latest content it's hard to avoid being spoiled so :shrug:

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 18, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arist posted:

lol guess who just found out that in the Althyk and Nymeia fight that if you kill Althyk before the knockback acceleration goes off the acceleration doesn't go off and half the raid dies?

...I assumed that's how it worked but never saw it in practice. Incredible. :allears:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The animated Stormblood primal weapons are animated in your instant roulette portrait - I noticed that when making em and just confirmed it entering a duty! Awesome, but very strange because for example my spinning globe Alexander daggers don't spin in the portrait.

Specifically tested with Byakko planisphere and Suzaku daggers

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SuperKlaus posted:

The animated Stormblood primal weapons are animated in your instant roulette portrait - I noticed that when making em and just confirmed it entering a duty! Awesome, but very strange because for example my spinning globe Alexander daggers don't spin in the portrait.

Specifically tested with Byakko planisphere and Suzaku daggers

Yeah, the particle effects on weapons don't stop moving in portraits.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Huh I guess I just got super confused because of the Alexander daggers. Also my Sabotender planisphere isn't lit up and fun in the portrait. Those are not particle effects huh?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SuperKlaus posted:

Huh I guess I just got super confused because of the Alexander daggers. Also my Sabotender planisphere isn't lit up and fun in the portrait. Those are not particle effects huh?

I just see it because I have the first glowy steps of the DNC and AST ShB relics and they both animate during portraits. It's either relic-only or that planisphere is special in some way.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Regalingualius posted:

I'm just wondering: are there any well-known communities for treasure hunting, a'la the Centurio Hunts discord?

Crystal's Hunt Discord also served as a place to set up treasure map groups, so maybe try your DC's Hunt Discord?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Here's a treasure map discord I got invited to once:

https://discord.gg/zwtyAY5v

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

The corgi is the most powerful item on the cash shop I haven't caved for yet. It barks, guys! It barks!

They dropped that poo poo and I bought it without hesitation.

No I'm not biased why do you ask?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arist posted:

I just see it because I have the first glowy steps of the DNC and AST ShB relics and they both animate during portraits. It's either relic-only or that planisphere is special in some way.

Asphodelus weapons animate too so it seems kinda arbitrary.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Arist posted:

Yeah, the particle effects on weapons don't stop moving in portraits.

Yeah, I've seen a neat portrait where the weapon was just out of frame, but that butterfly particle effect was visible

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you have the Abyssos fending top with the spinny effects then those animate too.

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

They dropped that poo poo and I bought it without hesitation.

No I'm not biased why do you ask?

Wait Corgi is a cash shop minion? Whyyyyyy :negative:

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

shoc77 posted:

Wait Corgi is a cash shop minion? Whyyyyyy :negative:

There is a corgi minion bought with unreal currency or from the MB since it is tradable.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think Corgi is a cash shop mount, not minion. They haven't really done cash shop minions. The minion team is just off doing their own thing and then Yoshida has somebody assign drops to put them into the game. It's why so many minions have weird collection conditions.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Megashiba is the cash shop mount.

Corgi is a minion you buy with Unreal rewards.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Couldn't you also do sick Inital D car stuff or am I thinking of another dog mount?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Corgi shiba whatever they're both little guys

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a small collection of cash shop minions, a bunch of FFIV characters, plus Ardbert, Gaia, Minfilia, they're all characters and not critters or anything.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Cash shop minions tend to be either old seasonal event rewards that aren't available in game, or minions that were released for fanfest, like the FF VII, FF X, and FF IV minions.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
as a corgi owner there is a huuuuge difference

i also spent 6 mil or w/e on the corgi minion and now i feel complete

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

i also spent 6 mil or w/e on the corgi minion and now i feel complete

Same.

Gotta find someone to make a crime that reskins it to be a tri-colored corgi though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’m glad good little doggies like Shibas, Corgis, and Chihuahuas are in the game but can I have a Yorkie please? :pray:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's one of these:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
That appears to be a completely normal emperor? :confused:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The Chinese servers got a new mount

[url]https://[/url] twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1615722234408226817?t=33A7PUR5K4lBJs-pdqjIbA&s=19

E: broke the link because the area the pictures are taken in is an endwalker area

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 18, 2023

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Decided to make a new glam for WAR since I got my hammer:

Pretty happy with it to be honest.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

YggiDee posted:

There's one of these:

He is a very regal and good boy but Gestahl is not a yorkie. :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sorry, I don't actually know my dog breeds.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

dog-type dog

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do domestic cats exist in Etheirys? I feel like all original mentions of pet dogs and cats were as like babies before they grew up into mangy worgs and enormous muscular tigers, but these days we have canonical corgis and poo poo

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Does Fat Cat count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yes, there's a lalafell NPC in Limsa who adopts a cat, and the Nagxian Cat minion is a fancy-bred domestic cat.