Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Some people were talking about Bob Morimer's book in the book thread and I remembered he did a Richard Herring podcast, which I finally got around to checking out. It's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxoCAoBD63s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Drew Barrymore has a talkshow?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

hello welcome im new

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
hi new im dad

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Escape From Noise

Tonight, I'm (tofu) burgin'.

Quadramind

a great feed, efn :eyepop:

Escape From Noise

Oh man. I feel like poo poo for some reason. I feel bad because I had to call of plans super last minute and the person I was meeting with is annoyed with me. I came home feeling alright if a bit sore, took a bath and started feeling a headache coming on. Thought maybe I needed to eat so I got my dinner going and ate and slowly started getting a headache and just feeling kind of achy and tired. I think it may be from poor sleep habits. Trying to get to sleep.

cruft

Viginti Septem posted:

The sky is flat :smuggo:

Actually... yes, this is suspected to be the case by a growing percentage of physicists. Sort of.

Physics is weird.

Quadramind

Hmm, even if they are actually annoyed at you, I would say that that's more appropriately directed at your sickness than at you, so if it helps at all, you're actually both feeling bad that you're sick.

I hope you feel better and get to do something fun with them soon. Missing out and feeling like you've let someone down and having to deal with being sick, or tired, or whatever, on top of that is a trash and I do NOT condone or approve of it.

cruft

Good morning. I shoveled snow and I wasn't even angry about it.

I also helped the construction crew across the street get their truck out of the snow. One of the guys complained that the company gave them lovely trucks. The truck in question was an F150, which as far as I can tell is a good truck. I think maybe they just don't get much snow in Texas and the dude thought there was some magical flatbed pickup that could get out of snow with all-season radials but the company wouldn't pay for.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

Good morning. I shoveled snow and I wasn't even angry about it.

I also helped the construction crew across the street get their truck out of the snow. One of the guys complained that the company gave them lovely trucks. The truck in question was an F150, which as far as I can tell is a good truck. I think maybe they just don't get much snow in Texas and the dude thought there was some magical flatbed pickup that could get out of snow with all-season radials but the company wouldn't pay for.

Tell him you gotta put a bunch of sand bags or something heavy in the bed for weight over the rear axle.

Finger Prince

Guys have you heard the Steven Seagal reggae song "me want the punani"? Do you want to? Warning: this could constitute a war crime under certain statutes and international treaties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLe_BZ1mo3I

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

Tell him you gotta put a bunch of sand bags or something heavy in the bed for weight over the rear axle.

I did, actually. I said next time they're shoveling, put the snow in the back of the truck. It's not as much weight as sandbags, but it has the advantage of removing itself when it warms up.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I did, actually. I said next time they're shoveling, put the snow in the back of the truck. It's not as much weight as sandbags, but it has the advantage of removing itself when it warms up.

Poor Texans, only know how to deal with tornadoes.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

Poor Texans, only know how to deal with tornadoes.

I mean, when I lived in Lubbock, we got a fair amount of snow.

Maybe they're from Houston :shrug:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah we got snow in Texas and Oklahoma. It's just magical brain guy not understanding that truck != good driving in snow, likely.

Shifty Nipples

Finger Prince posted:

Guys have you heard the Steven Seagal reggae song "me want the punani"? Do you want to? Warning: this could constitute a war crime under certain statutes and international treaties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLe_BZ1mo3I

I have actually, it is bad

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Ass-penny

speaking of people who don't understand obvious things, I'm reminded of when I was doing apartment maintenance and one of my buildings water heaters was shutting off occasionally because one of the safety sensors needed to be replaced. my supervisor was bemoaning this resident that cornered him in the hallway and said "how can the city do this to us?"

cut to my boss saying "this guy actually thinks the city provides hot water, you know, those boiling cats of water all over town being piped around into buildings midwinter??"

I think about that resident all of the time. I hope he never owns property because he will n o t understand how to take care of it.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
the city provides the hot water where i live :shobon:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Ass-penny

I have so many questions. how cold are winters there? is the city what you call your basement??

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Shifty Nipples

how does it stay hot from where it starts all the way to your faucet

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Youremother

MORT

Shifty Nipples posted:

how does it stay hot from where it starts all the way to your faucet

Guy with a blowtorch running back and forth really really fast

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I don't even have a basement. :negative:

it's just district heating you guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating

Shifty Nipples

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

it's just district heating you guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating

weird

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

liquid communism!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Manifisto

good mungo byob! I hope you are all feeling better than I am, this is v annoying. but, as they say, the cure for what ails you is post post post, please do your part especially in the post rush thread!

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

got a bridge to sell me too?

xcheopis

"Scary" medical thing over, time to dive into this bag of baked goods from La Farine and slam down some new CBD drinks I found at a Sprouts. Maybe have a bit of cry. No, there is no reason for me to be worried. Seriously, there isn't. But the doctor said "1-2% chance of cancer" and there is always that little fucker at the back of your mind that promptly goes full catastrophe when it comes to health issues.
Brain: *engage panic mode warp speed !!!!!!*
Me: Shut the gently caress up. It's not serious. Just because it isn't "normal" doesn't mean it isn't both common AND benign. Calm the gently caress down. gently caress's sake.
Brain: :byodame:
Me: When did I turn into a hypochondriac?

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Quadramind

Ah, I feel you, bud. That is rough as gently caress. The spectre of looming death puts an incredible dampener on things. I've been sick and am only just getting to the point where I'm having full days pass without that fear.

drat it feels good to be able to enjoy things again. Back drinking coffee the odd time, back chuffing a little bit, can manage big meals and the odd beer now. Fuckn sweet life while it last.

Finger Prince

I know it's kinda basic, but I honestly really like Ikea stuff, and I would love to just completely furnish my place from scratch with it. Especially redo the kitchen. Being a nomad kind of sucks sometimes. Also Wednesday morning is a very good time to go to ikea.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

xcheopis posted:

"Scary" medical thing over, time to dive into this bag of baked goods from La Farine and slam down some new CBD drinks I found at a Sprouts. Maybe have a bit of cry. No, there is no reason for me to be worried. Seriously, there isn't. But the doctor said "1-2% chance of cancer" and there is always that little fucker at the back of your mind that promptly goes full catastrophe when it comes to health issues.
Brain: *engage panic mode warp speed !!!!!!*
Me: Shut the gently caress up. It's not serious. Just because it isn't "normal" doesn't mean it isn't both common AND benign. Calm the gently caress down. gently caress's sake.
Brain: :byodame:
Me: When did I turn into a hypochondriac?

fwiw I have health related anxiety so I feel you hard on this

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

MikeStmria

"So it begins.."
OMG, let me sleep.

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

I know it's kinda basic, but I honestly really like Ikea stuff, and I would love to just completely furnish my place from scratch with it. Especially redo the kitchen. Being a nomad kind of sucks sometimes. Also Wednesday morning is a very good time to go to ikea.

My living room is 99% ikea with one shelf from Australian kmart, I thought I made it when I could buy ikea furniture tbh

Chewbecca

MikeStmria posted:

OMG, let me sleep.

You have my permission

xcheopis

Quadramind posted:

Ah, I feel you, bud. That is rough as gently caress. The spectre of looming death puts an incredible dampener on things. I've been sick and am only just getting to the point where I'm having full days pass without that fear.

drat it feels good to be able to enjoy things again. Back drinking coffee the odd time, back chuffing a little bit, can manage big meals and the odd beer now. Fuckn sweet life while it last.

Hooray for feeling better! :yayclod:

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Please come take this Ikea sofa bed. I need it to be gone and it's just leaning up against a wall, loitering about and taking up valuable space.

Chewbecca

Owning an ikea sofa bed is a universal experience

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

fwiw I have health related anxiety so I feel you hard on this

Yeah. :(
I think it might be a combination of being "at that age", plus having gone with untreated rheumatoid arthritis for years leading to a host of other issues, plus the terrible medical industry in the U.S., that makes me so paranoid about my health.

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Owning an ikea sofa bed is a universal experience

I'd keep it if there were space but there isn't and it's too large and heavy for me to move on my own. Also, it was pouring rain for a bit there, so couldn't just hire a couple of sturdy people to put it out on the sidewalk for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

Yeah. :(
I think it might be a combination of being "at that age", plus having gone with untreated rheumatoid arthritis for years leading to a host of other issues, plus the terrible medical industry in the U.S., that makes me so paranoid about my health.

I mean, its not hard to find (or be exposed to) the stories about the person whose benign [x] turned out to be a catastrophic [y], and these stories get into your psyche as a possibility, no matter how remote

My brain also interprets the "0.5%" as so you're saying there's a chance. Have had many a bad time over it too so I empathise :sympathy: