Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo would potentially use an abstraction layer similar to what proton does for backwards compatibility with Switch games if they switched hardware architecture, not as a way to make third party games work.

Steam Deck uses that layer to translate instructions from Windows to Linux, not to make games run that otherwise would not in the system specs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you can play fortnite and minecraft on the switch now you dont need a new console for that lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nintendo inventing time travel so you can go back in time and buy your favorite games at wal-mart

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can but you shouldnt imho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for what its worth Eurogamer who are mostly an actual site seem to think they're sticking with custom ARM chips for a future console but who knows how that's sourced from

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

for what its worth Eurogamer who are mostly an actual site seem to think they're sticking with custom ARM chips for a future console but who knows how that's sourced from

probablty the place they've been getting their Switch Pro rumours from for the last 5 years (their asses)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

gently caress that dork

Back on the important question

Is Daisy wa-peach?

Is Peach a ruler under a monarchy or theocracy.

Under Theocracy is she the god?

Is it Rosalina?

If Goofy is a dog is Pluto his son?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
switch pro existed, literally everyone knows that. Sonic Frontiers was a exclusive for Switch Pro but once Nintendo cancelled it cuz of the chips that got turned into the switch version we have

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
oh for real? whoa man that's crazy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

worms butthole guy posted:

switch pro existed, literally everyone knows that. Sonic Frontiers was a exclusive for Switch Pro but once Nintendo cancelled it cuz of the chips that got turned into the switch version we have

oh word?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I think the Switch and the Steam Deck are both cool and good, and video games are wonderful. :shobon:

I like how thin svelte the Switch feels after I’ve been playing the Deck for a while, and how for a while there the air coming out of the Deck’s fan smelled like an office supply store.

They need to hurry up and make a dang Flip-Grip for the OLED. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/F8CJezPcCuc

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mega64 please do the needful

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Upsidads posted:

gently caress that dork

Back on the important question

Is Daisy wa-peach?

Is Peach a ruler under a monarchy or theocracy.

Under Theocracy is she the god?

Is it Rosalina?

If Goofy is a dog is Pluto his son?

Rosalina is queen of a race of hivemind myconid lifeforms. She seeds various planets with spores creating various planets full of drones, Toads, and localized group leaders, Princesses.

All princesses are formed from Toads using something similar to the super crown, essentially her form of Royal Jelly that makes a bee into a queen. The super crown works temporarily but the process can be permanent. Peachette actually is one of the largest threats to Princess Peach that has ever existed, whether she's aware of this or not. Daisy is also a 'queen' in this sense but in an area far enough away from Peach that there is no power struggle.

There exists other competing myconid races such as the shroobs. Rosalina form of life propagation is generally more effective as it presents individual drones and planetary leaders with the illusion of autonomy, their contribution to the hive mind is in the background and they are not aware of it.

Other intergalactic powers are aware of and have attempted to harness this kind of power. For example Tatanga was able to successfully hybridize super crown materials to turn his own foot soldiers into Daisy clones, however this was temporary and he could not perfect the process before being defeated by Mario.

Rosalina essentially rules the galaxy unopposed, however she is fairly benevolent, and has not taken over or destroyed any sentient civilization to our knowledge. She has for example allowed many kingdoms to continue to exist on Mario's world with no aggression from the mushroom kingdom.

Bowser himself is aware of this all to some extent and his continued incursions into the mushroom kingdom as well as marriage attempts are his wanting to be a part of this powerful family.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Oh I thought there was some sweet news. Nope. Just the thread melting down again.

Very late to the party but I played vampire survivors on my steam deck, that game would be sweet on switch. Hades meets classic Castlevania aesthetic meets bullet hell.

I got hooked so hard I'm pretty sure I already unlocked on the main stages within one day. I figured I would kill time until fire emblem but man this is one sweet little game

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i have no idea if that guy is right or wrong about a switch 2. i sure hope an update is coming!

regardless, it seems like ps5 thread's acrimony and irritation from the last few days has spread to here. :(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’s the PS5 thread so mad? Why don’t they just play a video game and get less mad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

hatty posted:

Why’s the PS5 thread so mad? Why don’t they just play a video game and get less mad

PS5 has no games

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Looking forward to the Switch 2 reveal just so everyone shuts up about it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
But then they'll be talking about the Switch 2 Pro

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

I have never seen a PS5 in stock.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there are some real weirdo thread regulars there. thankfully every poster in this thread is normal

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waffle! posted:

I have never seen a PS5 in stock.

I actually saw one at Walmart the other day so maybe the drought really is over

For actual real Nintendo Switch news on things that are happening

https://www.polygon.com/23560496/remnant-from-the-ashes-switch-nintendo-release-date-trailer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Len posted:

PS5 has no games

PS5 has several games but exactly one game structure and exactly one progression mechanic, and all the games are made by people who would rather be making 'prestige' 'serious' cable television

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

man nurse posted:

I think it’s fair to say the steam deck has been a success for Valve. It’s also an entirely different demographic. No one who just wants to just pick up the controller and have a game work is going to go out and buy a steam deck.

Speaking for myself, I mainly got the thing so I could play my PC games without being chained to my desk. And right out of the box, it does that. :shrug: I am a complete techno yutz so I handed it over to a friend who likes to hack consoles so she could hack the thing wide open and add a bunch of poo poo to it, but even if I hadn't done that, it still would do what I bought it for right out of the box.

Pick it up, boot game, it works.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

video

games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

valve is not nintendo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nintendo

Video

Games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Inzombiac posted:

Nintendo

Video

Games

This op

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm disappointed no one is agreeing with my alien myconid theories.

Let me supplement this by saying I believe Mario and Luigi are clones of Professor E. Gadd which he infused with myconid DNA and delivered to their parents in the metro kingdom via S.T.O.R.K. This is why Gadd always calls Luigi sonny and invents things to help them, they are essentially his biological sons.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Let me supplement this by saying I believe Mario and Luigi are clones of Professor E. Gadd which he infused with myconid DNA and delivered to their parents in the metro kingdom via S.T.O.R.K. This is why Gadd always calls Luigi sonny and invents things to help them, they are essentially his biological sons.

OK smart guy, explain the ghosts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

48 Hour Boner posted:

OK smart guy, explain the ghosts

As Power Moons provide positive energy which can power a city, and things such as portals to other lands through paintings, the Dark Moon and King Boo's jewel, a purified form of the same element, can do the opposite. It channels negative energy and draws things out of paintings, including the ghosts.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Nintendo will make a new Switch that has two screens like a giant DS and it will come with a long finger on a stick so you can poke the screen from your couch.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nintendo Switch 2: Finglonger required.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Mushroom Kingdom is an irradiated wasteland. Within it lies a city. Outside the boundary walls, the desert Sarasaland. A cursed earth. Inside the walls, a cursed city, stretching from Yoshi's Island to The Valley of Bowser. An unbroken Rainbow Road. 800 million Toads living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one. Mega P-blocks. Mega Moonview Highways. Mega Donk City One. Convulsing. Choking. Breaking under its own weight. Citizens in fear of the streets. The hammer. The Koopa. Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos: the men and women of Peach's Castle. Juries. Executioners. Marios.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I really don't see them following up the Switch. Frankly I expect something radically different and them keeping Switch as the new handheld series with updated joy-cons or something.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I think this is possibly the worst thread on this message board. It's just unfunny joke after unfunny joke and any serious discussion gets drowned out by the same 3 people trying to be funny

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Serious discussion like my super secret friend says switch 2 is happening this year and its a steam deck, just trust be bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Are you the writer behind Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time?