Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Kurieg posted:

You get processed into the meat topping they use in the platter they make for the rest of your party.

Soylent Green guac dip sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

daslog posted:

Soylent Green guac dip sounds good.

Long pig carnitas.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for making a joke about my brother's looks to his blind gf ?

OP posted:

It wasn't bullying, don't you know how banter between brothers works ?

"it's not bullying"
-every bully ever

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Invisible Clergy posted:

It's a reference to an "I think you should leave" sketches

I was honestly remembering this as something somebody tried to pull in an AITA post so I guess my brain is broken. Also, I'm really hungry for nachos now.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cross-posting from the BFC Bad With Money thread:

r/legaladviceuk - 12,000 pounds stolen online. How can I go about suing to recover?

quote:

I am a Canadian resident and citizen. Over the past few months I have provided a little over 12,000 pounds to an England resident who I met over the internet. It turns out that he is a serious gambling addict who has lost all of the money and now ghosted me on all platforms. I have his name as well as the names of his family members, but little other information.

I understand that my chances of recovering this money anytime soon — or ever at all — are very slim. Still, I want this person to face consequences for what he’s done. What options do I have? Should I contact the police? Pursue a civil suit?

Again, I am willing to spend time and money pursuing this even though the chances of recovering any funds are close to zero.

quote:

The first, and perhaps most important, question to ask is on what basis did you provide the money?

Was it done as a gift (or series of gifts) or was there a clear understanding that the money was being loaned and that you expected, and required, repayment? Or was this some of 'investment opportunity' where the recipient was promising returns? If so, is the recipient authorised to carry out such activities?

Finally, and this might seem irrelevant but isn't, what is your relationship with the recipient and how did you meet?

quote:

No, each time I provided money it was stated explicitly that it would be repaid. Each time, it never was. I was of course foolish and naive to do this, but the payments were explicitly characterized as loans with promise of repayment.

The recipient is a stranger I met on r/problemgambling . He claimed to be in a desperate situation, in need of funds to pay off a bookie who was threatening him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That can not be real

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm very dissatisfied with my recent dealings with the Wallet Inspector, how do I contact the Wallet Inspector Ombudsman?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Andrast posted:

That can not be real

I for one am shocked that one person on r/problemgamblers turned out to be really bad with money and another turned out to be a scammer

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
brb, sending a sob story to the dumbest motherfucker on reddit

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for asking my husband to skip his nap to check my car?

I work night shifts and gently caress this person all over, just take the loving uber.

Unless the house is on fire or other threat to life emergency please do not wake me.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This is some kind of fin dom humiliation thing right?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Edit: nm,bad taste.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Cross-posting from the BFC Bad With Money thread:

r/legaladviceuk - 12,000 pounds stolen online. How can I go about suing to recover?

For a small fee plus time and materials I can assist this redditor in recovering his money.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I was honestly remembering this as something somebody tried to pull in an AITA post so I guess my brain is broken. Also, I'm really hungry for nachos now.

Now I'm just imagine ITYSL sketches as AITA posts.

AITA for not donating to a fake fashion retailer?
AITA for lying to my daughter about ice cream?
AITA for serving my friend's fiance room temperature gazpacho?

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

AceClown posted:

I work night shifts and gently caress this person all over, just take the loving uber.
But there were extenuating circumstances on why they couldn't take an uber:

quote:

Thing is, this particular friend is big on image and appearance so I didn't wanna cause her any embarrassment. Some people can be like that.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mutantIke posted:

Now I'm just imagine ITYSL sketches as AITA posts.

AITA for not donating to a fake fashion retailer?
AITA for lying to my daughter about ice cream?
AITA for serving my friend's fiance room temperature gazpacho?

I don’t know if you’re allowed to do that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
AITA for joining a group of people searching for who drove that Weinermobile into a building?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for using my per diem on shirts for work?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve changed: I am not a piece of poo poo. But AITA?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

AITA for hating bald boys?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

edgeman83 posted:

But there were extenuating circumstances on why they couldn't take an uber:

A few extra dollars for an uber black if it really matters that much, or messing with my partner's sleep schedule. Such a difficult choice.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Hell since this apparently all happened hours before she was due to meet her friend, she could have just ubered over early and shooed the driver away before her friend got there to see it.

Psykoguy
Oct 10, 2003

I said those words on
the Internet.

I can't just take them back.
AITA For Asking About Tables?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I [scared little M on the inside] go down on my wife [63F] every night. Can she go to jail?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

wheatpuppy posted:

Hell since this apparently all happened hours before she was due to meet her friend, she could have just ubered over early and shooed the driver away before her friend got there to see it.

"My cars in the shop,had to take an Uber,lol"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for telling my husband that I can't force my daughter to invite him to her wedding even when he has contributed towards it?

quote:

I have a daughter "Leah" who's 23. I met my current husband when she was 16 and she never really saw him as a dad although he's always been there which is part of who he is, he values family and she respects him a lot. He has a son "Justin" who's 27 and there were issues involving some money my stepson inherited from his mother's side of family. Leah was counting on the fact that Justin would share but it didn't happen. This caused a huge fallout especially when my husband got involved. Leah had claimed he didn't see her as family and went low contact. Then 2 years later things started to get better.

She's getting married and my husband suggested to contribute money towards her wedding as a way to make up for the inheritance money Justin refused to share with her. She agreed but only sent me an invitation. When my husband saw that the invitation only had my name on it, we both discovered that Leah did not want him to attend. I felt absolutely devastated but didn't say a word because it's her wedding. My husband fought with me regarding my stance and I told him it's her wedding and I can't force her to invite him even when he put money towards it. It is ok? No. But it's out of my hand I'm just basically a guest. He didn't like that. He stormed off then had Justin call to berate me and call me and Leah opportunist who "took full advantage" of his father. I was heartbroken over that.

no, only your money is invited to my wedding

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

quote:

there were issues involving some money my stepson inherited from his mother's side of family. Leah was counting on the fact that Justin would share but it didn't happen. This caused a huge fallout

lmao Leah sounds like a great person. Unfortunately, dealing with her greedy rear end daughter is beyond the OPs hands since she's just a guest at the wedding!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for making a joke about my brother's looks to his blind gf ?

"Hahaha my brother is big dumb stupid ugly doodoo head that looks like a mutant orangutan that got run over by a truck! He flings poo and sniffs his own butt and is totally unfuckable, thankfully you're blind so he can finally get some hot disabled tail!!!! Hell yeah! High five!!!"

"This is a pregnancy announcement. Grow up."

"But that's how brothers talk to each other! Maybe YOU should grow up and get a sense of humor."

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
AITA for finding my friend's behavior uncomfortable?

quote:

About three months ago I (22M) started hanging out with a new friend circle. At first I knew only one person in the group, but most of them are very friendly and it was easy to feel included, and despite not knowing everyone for long I just feel like part of the group.

However, I recently started feeling uncomfortable with the behavior of one of my friends, who ill call B (20? F). B is probably the one I've talked to the least, I don't dislike her but I believe that she prefers to talk with people she knows for longer. This is not the part that bothers me: it bothers me how she acts around A.

A (21F) is very extroverted and is the person that made me feel the most welcome in the group. It sometimes feels like the entire friend circle revolves around her, which is fair because she gets along with literally everyone.

Now to the problem: B is very attached to A. I mean, way too attached. If they are both in the same room, 9 out of 10 times B will be right beside A. If A is for example laying on the couch, when B enters the room she sometimes will literally ignore everyone else and beeline to A, and sometimes just lay on top of her. No matter what the context is, she's always hugging or touching A in some way, and it's not even subtle.

Obviously I don't have anything against them being close, but I think A is just obliging B for the sake of peace. B doesn't act like this with anyone else nor anyone is as attached to A as B. Also, my other friends are more respectful of personal space so often A and B are the only two who are close together when we are all hanging out, and it's just awkward as gently caress.

Finally, one day I was talking with A (my other friends were around, but doing something else in the same room) when B just interrupts our conversation to hug A. A just laughed and continued talking but I found B's behavior very rude.

Since im not as close to B, I decided to speak to A about the situation. A few days later I brought it up when we were alone. I told her that she should speak with B and establish some boundaries. She just kinda shrugged and changed topics, but I insisted saying that B's behavior was uncomfortable to see, especially when it's all of us hanging out. I specifically mentioned the incident of the other night. To my surprise she just laughed, and said if it really bothered me I should just "close my eyes". I warned her that if she kept letting B act like this people could get wrong ideas. Finally, she told me to keep to myself, and pretty rudely told me to shut up.

I was surprised since A had never talked to me like this. I was only expressing how uncomfortable I was and I don't know why A was defensive since B is the one in the wrong here. Maybe I should have talked to B directly, but either way I wanted to know if really I'm the rear end in a top hat here.

EDIT: many people here seem to believe A and B are dating, maybe I made it sound that way. If it's any relevant, they are not. If they were I would at least understand why B is so attached.

EDIT2: it seems people seem to believe I have romantic feelings towards A. I would have said so if I did, but I don't.

EDIT3: I guess by this point it's relevant to clarify that I agree that I approached the issue in a very bad way, and that ill apologize to A as soon as possible.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How has Reddit not made using single initials for peoples names a bannable offense?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

edgeman83 posted:

AITA for finding my friend's behavior uncomfortable?

Was expecting "I want to gently caress her", but in the comments, it turns out more like "Really bad ASD and had no idea, absolutely cannot understand social cues or that other people are not feeling the same way they are about things".

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for learning Spanish behind my fiancés back and uncovering his family’s true feelings.

quote:

I’m F (26) and a Chinese-American. My Fiance is M (34) and was born in Argentina. We met two years ago and just recently got engaged.

Spanish is his native language and his family only speaks it, (his parents and siblings speak a little English). I have picked up on a few phrases he uses and words but not enough to get by. I have offered multiple times throughout our relationship to take classes and even begged him to teach me. I want to feel more connected with him and his family and I feel like learning his language is a good start especially now that we’re engaged. He’s told me that I don’t have to and that it’s a sweet offer but it’s unnecessary.

I always ask why and he always says the same poo poo that it would be too hard and it’s not worth it bc his immediate family knows Eng and communicating with them is most important. Or that it wouldn’t be authentic to the way his fam speaks. I argue that the few times we’ve had dinner with the family the bulk of the convo was in Span and I felt left out. He argued back that he isn’t going to learn Fuzhounese (the dialect my fam speaks) in return and he also feels left out. That wasn’t even a valid statement bc we never speak Fuzhou around him and I barely know it, I would also never make him learn it.

His mom planned a dinner to celebrate our engagement this past weekend at her place. It was a decent-sized gathering and I again was the only non-Span speaker. (My fam lives a state over and couldn’t make it but we had plans to have another dinner all together.) I have been learning Span behind his back because I wanted to know if they were speaking badly of me. (My Span was nowhere near good enough). The week before I spoke with my friend who knows Span and asked if I could ft her so she could translate for me while I had AirPods in.

At the dinner, I met some new fam members and they all said in Spanish, “I wasn’t expecting her to be Chinese”. Others also made comments about our age gap and how I was probably with him for the money because my “people” are known for that. They also made comments like my fam probably comes from nail salons. He told them to shut up but never really defended me. I spoke with his mom and sister a bit and they also made comments about me being with him for money, and they don’t see what he sees in me. I overheard his mom saying an Argentinian girl would be a better fit but it’ll bite him in the rear end soon enough. I excused myself and took the car home.

He texted me pissed that I would leave out of nowhere and leave him stranded. I explained to him what I did and I know eavesdropping is very wrong but I don’t feel bad after what I heard. He said maybe their right and that I was an entitled AH for doing that and said this is why he was trying to protect me. He said that's how they are and they won’t change but what pisses me off is he never speaks highly of me to them either or defends me as his fiance. His mom thinks I betrayed and embarrassed them and I was petty for doing that.

Paragraphs added so your eyes wouldn't burn out.

"You are so entitled for finding out that my entire family hates you and thinks you're beneath them! It's sooooooooooooooooooo petty of you to learn that we think you're a child gold-digger"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"You wouldn't want anyone to think you're GAY. No, I'm not homophobic, stop telling me I'm homophobic."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lame, you’re supposed to unexpectedly jump into the conversation in that language and suck all the air in the room into the resulting black hole of embarrassment

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for wanting a childfree wedding?

quote:

I (22f) am getting married soon. Since my fiancé and I are childfree and because we plan to have alcohol at our wedding, we decided to have a childfree wedding with the age cutoff at 21.

This requirement so far has gone over well with most of our invitees (most of our invitees don’t even have kids anyway so it doesn’t make a difference for them).

I do have one friend “Mel” (20f) that I had to exclude from the wedding. After realizing that pretty much everyone else from the same social circle had been invited except her, she confronted me and demanded to know why she wasn’t invited.

I tried to explain that it wasn’t personal and that I just didn’t want to have to worry about underage drinking going on under my nose on my wedding day.

But Mel kept accusing me of being a bad friend. She argued that since we had drank together before it shouldn’t be such a big deal, but I told her that it was different since we were both underage at the time (I was 20 and she was 18-19ish when we started drinking together). Now as an adult, I feel like I have a responsibility to prevent underage drinking, and as the bride, I feel like I have the right to have a childfree wedding.

Mel is unconvinced and keeps talking bad about me behind my back to our mutual friends and making snarky comments about me feeling superior. I don’t see why she can’t just relax and let me have my wedding day the way I like. So Reddit, aita?

Childfree....

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mx. posted:

Childfree....

quote:

Now as an adult, I feel like I have a responsibility to prevent underage drinking

lmao

respect for the law is a sign of poor character imo

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Mx. posted:

Childfree....

Like. Easiest solution would be to hold the after party in a bar so woops legally you can't come, sowwyy sad emojis. But lmao at the two faced morals.

AITA for blaming my bf for my relapse?
rear end in a top hat
This one involves eating disorders.

quote:

I had pretty much no friends when I met my bf which I was fine with. My bf(21) however thought this was super unhealthy and wanted me to make friends with everybody we would meet. About a year ago I met a girl named “Chloe”(23) at first she seemed like the sweetest person. But behind people’s backs she would make comments and do horrible things. Before I knew it the girl had become the complete opposite of how I had originally seen her. She was jealous, vindictive, and could even be straight up cruel. She loved to lie about people and would spread as many hurtful things about people while putting on a sweet face. I kept telling my bf I wanted to stop talking to her and that she made me extremely uncomfortable. I even sat down and explained everything she did behind people’s backs. But he still kept pushing for me to “have some friends, it will be good for you. ” I basically felt forced to hangout cause he would make plans with her for me and push me to go and I would look like an AH if I canceled.

I’ve struggled with anorexia since I was twelve and while I’m in recovery I am still considered underweight. I’ve talked multiple times about my Eating disorder with Chloe. She was fully aware of my situation. One day we are sitting in her car venting about a guy she’s been seeing and how it’s not going well when out of the blue she asks to see my Instagram that I haven’t used in a year. She sees old photos of me [CONTENT WARNING body weight, body shaming] at 95 pounds and starts ranting and criticizing my insta saying “you were SO beautiful then omg look how skinny you look like a model. What even happened to you??“ She looks me straight in the face and says “you’re so much heavier now.” I immediately felt like poo poo and got out of there ASAP. Once inside my house I started crying and having a breakdown. I had already been feeling like poo poo since I was now 140 even though it’s the weight “I should be at”. I got so upset I started trying to purge right then and there (we had just gone out to eat). I call my bf and tell him what she said and he got so upset he wanted to call her and tell her off especially since she knew about my ED. Instead we chose to cut her off because I don’t think I could’ve mentally handled a fight with her and our mutual friends. I was so grateful to finally have my bf support me in finally getting away from her. But it felt like too little too late? It’s been six months after that and I’m still hurting after those comments. I relapsed and lost thirty pounds and have started purging. I can’t look in mirrors and I hate being intimate because I don’t want anyone to see my body. I feel a lot of residual anger that my bf hasn’t listened to me right off the bat. He has apologized a million times since then. I know I should have been an adult and done more to put my foot down but I can’t seem to let my anger go. I felt like I had made so much progress on my eating disorder journey and it was thrown away cause my bf thought I needed friends.

AITA?

EDIT: I would also like to point out this has been more of an internal thing for me and less of something I actually talk about with him. I would never try to hold something over someone’s head if they’ve sincerely apologized.

EDIT2: due to character limit I kind of forgot to mention that my boyfriend was pretty aggressive about pushing me to become friends with her. When I initially brought up my concerns and tried to avoid her he told me I was unable to make friends and there was nothing wrong with Chloe but I was just paranoid.

EDIT3: I wanted to thank everyone for all of your insight. This definitely gave me a more clarity and I realized I was directing anger I actually felt towards “chloe” at my bf. I sat down and talked to him and said it’s not right for me to blame him for her words. And that I was upset that he didn’t listen to my gut feeling about her but that I don’t blame him for what happened. I also realize it probably didn’t help to keep these feelings locked up and that’s probably why I couldn’t let it go.

code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/i0ghnf/aita_for_blaming_my_bf_for_my_relapse/
Ok so who else thinks this dude intentionally pushed for this 'friendship' so OP would relapse and go back to self harming>? Goons, fetch the acid vat.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mx. posted:

Childfree....

I see your 21 and raise you 4.
AITA for refusing to attend a childfree wedding?

quote:

My friend “Kate” (25f) is having a childfree wedding. Kate set the age cutoff at 25 because she says that the human brain doesn’t stop developing until that age.

The only problem is that a lot of the people in our friend group are under 25. Most ppl in the group are either 24 or 25 years old. (I am 25, so I am allowed to go, but many people in the friends group (who I am closer to than I am with the bride) were told they were not allowed to come.

Originally, I was going to go to Kate’s wedding, since it’s her wedding, her rules. But then, I recently found out that she originally sent out invites to everyone in our friend group, but then sent out messages telling people they were uninvited once she realized they were under 25. I guess she had forgotten that we still had a number of 24 year olds in the group.

This has thrown my entire group into chaos. I am closer with some of the uninvited 24 year olds than I am with the bride, so I decided to skip the wedding in solidarity with them.

However, when I told the bride, she flipped out at me, calling me selfish and childish, and she has been blowing up my phone and even calling my other friends to tell them that I’m a childish piece of garbage. So, aita?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's your own wedding, you're literally the one making the rules.

If you're not inviting one of your close friends because of the rules that you made up, then that friend is going to be correct in concluding that you don't like them enough to want them at your wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

I see your 21 and raise you 4.
AITA for refusing to attend a childfree wedding?

Solid proof that the human brain is also not fully developed at 25