Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Hu Tao's C1 is apparently good (I do not have Hu Tao). Besides not having to jump cancel its also a decent dps increase

hu tao was not released in the past year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
oh haha yeah missed that part

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Yelans C1 is amazing because it lets you go super fast more frequently.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dehya's design only makes sense to me if they want to make a major mechanic out of taking constant damage. Maybe that's their plan in their future to try and escape the old and new meta, and maybe make burning work lol
https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1615776492654583809

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Huh I wonder if any of that would trigger from Hu Tau or the Wolves?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if it works with xiao grats to everyone who mains him

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
With hu tao's c1, you can zip around setting grass on fire. just like sayu!

I assume they would simply not put wolves on a floor that rewards you for being damaged.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Stare-Out posted:

I use Nahida on-field constantly for my hyperbloom team and it's rad. My point is that Alhaitham feels more like a sidegrade all things considered so unless he brings some unforeseen benefit to a team he feels like a waste of primos at this point.

This. Given the strength of both teams with a Nahida carry I can't think of a case (aside from missing characters for it) where I'd want her sitting in the back. Her spreads and TKP hit pretty hard as is and then you see Hyperbloom pop up and everything dies. I'd hoped there was some interesting interaction with Al that gave him a place but if he's dendro application+damage I've already got the archon of that.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

There's a secondary gift for the daily check-in for the next 9 days or so. Also the ability to make up for missed check ins was added a bit ago which makes it easier to keep up with.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Reminder for prime members to claim their monthly bundle, and PSN for the patch bundle

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

gandlethorpe posted:

Dehya's design only makes sense to me if they want to make a major mechanic out of taking constant damage. Maybe that's their plan in their future to try and escape the old and new meta, and maybe make burning work lol

I mean if they wanted to make taking damage a mechanic I have a character for that already in a much more useful element.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAfyVzzd-r0

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Mailer posted:

This. Given the strength of both teams with a Nahida carry I can't think of a case (aside from missing characters for it) where I'd want her sitting in the back. Her spreads and TKP hit pretty hard as is and then you see Hyperbloom pop up and everything dies. I'd hoped there was some interesting interaction with Al that gave him a place but if he's dendro application+damage I've already got the archon of that.

But you don't have two archons of that, and thus the use case for Alhaitham is born!

Yeah it's not that exciting, I guess.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Hu Tao abyss

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish to toss Hu Tao into the abyss

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I wish to toss Hu Tao into the abyss

:catstare:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People overstate how difficult it is to play Hu Tao. Just do n3->Charge attack if you can't manage stamina, it's like 10% less damage. The majority of the Hu Tao vape comp is not actually Hu Tao, honestly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

People overstate how difficult it is to play Hu Tao. Just do n3->Charge attack if you can't manage stamina, it's like 10% less damage. The majority of the Hu Tao vape comp is not actually Hu Tao, honestly.

the word isn't difficult, it's more....boring

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Forget about upcoming chars, lets talk about the things that matter

did they add more scarabs into the game with the new area this patch?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Theres pupa

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Was rolling for Yaoyao C5 and got a surprise xiao. I can now say for the first time ever that I own every male in the game.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

haypliss posted:

But you don't have two archons of that, and thus the use case for Alhaitham is born!

True! I could (if I had Yelan and Kuki, which I'm working on) run Nahida/Yelan/Fischl/Kuki and Al/XQ/Beidou/Koko. I'm not doing it, because that's gems (and months of gearing) for a hypothetical, but the double-hyperbloom abyss setup does exist.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Hey, teleport points tell you on the map when they're in caves now. Finally.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

The true lie of Hu Tao is that you can get off all of her charge attacks before whatever you're hitting dies, hits an invulnerability phase, or jumps/flies/teleports away as you waste her skill duration chasing it down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Was rolling for Yaoyao C5 and got a surprise xiao. I can now say for the first time ever that I own every male in the game.
hopefully you picked aether and not lumine or else youll never own every mael in the game

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Getting the sibling when you beat the final mission would be very cool. They could have their own resonance.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm sorry, but the sibling is going to die

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm sorry, but the sibling is going to die

We will all have C6 Qiqi by then so it's no big deal.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

YoshiOfYellow posted:

They serve different purposes. Nahida is primarily an off field dendro applicator that also buffs the parties EM. Alhaitham is a on field primary damage dealer. In fact current super early impressions are that they work best together because Nahida helps battery energy and boost Alhaitham's damage without requiring much field time that can interrupt him.

He doesn't actually want or need to spam CAs at all. His passive will give him a mirror when he hits with a CA or Plunge but only once every 12 seconds. It's just a tool to manage his infusion uptime.

He actually wants to burst at 0 mirrors most of the time to keep high uptime since at 0 it will grant him 3 mirrors after use. A rotation for him looks something like:

Burst
NA Strings until a mirror falls off
CA
NA Strings
Skill
NA Strings

His damage is loaded into his infused normals and the additional lasers shot from his mirrors which do more damage with more mirrors out. When his burst isn't up you basically just have Skill into CA to get to 3 mirrors and it is much less uptime so having a good battery like Nahida will be a big deal for him.
What? I don't get Alhaitham at all. Dendro damage 3x every 18s or something? :confused: I tried Alhaitham + hypeberloom (Nahida / Yelan / Shinobu) and I vastly prefer Ayaka + hyperbloom because fridge teams are weirdly good?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

yelan's is okay but not as good as shenhe's despite it being basically the same thing

The Yelan one is great because it dramatically lowers her ER requirements (in addition to being a significant boost to damage + the convenience of being able to use it back to back to Go Fast). I have very little ER on her, and using her skill twice back to back usually fills up around 2/3 of her burst.

It's the only constellation I've gotten that feels like a significant difference beyond "number go up some."

funkymonks posted:

Yelans C1 is amazing because it lets you go super fast more frequently.

Yeah; my Yelan + Wanderer team can go superfast non-stop.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

We will all have C6 Qiqi by then so it's no big deal.

I still have not gotten Qiqi, despite playing from release and having constellations for almost every other standard banner 5*.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 19, 2023

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sanctum posted:

What? I don't get Alhaitham at all. Dendro damage 3x every 18s or something? :confused: I tried Alhaitham + hypeberloom (Nahida / Yelan / Shinobu) and I vastly prefer Ayaka + hyperbloom because fridge teams are weirdly good?

So Alhaitham centers around his mechanic of gaining Light-Chisel Mirrors. When has has these mirrors his normal attacks are infused with Dendro and he'll fire off bonus attacks every so often while attacking. You can stack up to 3 mirrors and they decay every 4 seconds. The damage of both his infused normals and the bonus attacks fired off are higher the more mirrors he has. So you want to maintain as many mirrors as you can for as long as possible.

You can generate mirrors in these ways:

Hitting an enemy with a Charged Attack or Plunge Attack (Once every 12 seconds)
Using his Elemental Skill. (Will generate 1 mirror unless you are at 0, in which case it will generate 2 mirrors)
Using his Bust. (It will consume mirrors you have to boost its number of hits and then generate mirrors afterwards based on how many it consumed. If you burst at 0 Mirrors it will give you 3. If you Burst at 3 Mirrors it will consume them all and give back 0.)

The bulk of his damage output is maintaining mirrors to sustain his infused normals and bonus attacks rather than his burst so you want to use the burst to start encounters because it will immediately put him at 3. After that you can use a CA or Elemental Skill once a mirror decays to get back up to 3 again. Then use the other ability the next time a mirror falls off. If done right you'll get 20 seconds of infused attacks. If his Burst isn't up you can use his skill and then immediately charge attack or plunge to put him at 3 mirrors. It's way less uptime on optimal damage output but it at least lets him do stuff if his burst isn't online and you find yourself in a dead time with your other party members. He really appreciates a good energy battery since he wants his burst up as much as possible. Nahida is the best option followed by Dendro MC.

Al'haitham is sort of like Childe in that he's a real complex weirdo to play but can be rewarding once you wrap your head around how to manage his unique mechanics.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 19, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive only ever used yelan in hu tao/xq/yelan/shielder teams so maybe it has more impact when xq isnt double e-ing with sac sword yeah

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I still have not gotten Qiqi, despite playing from release and having constellations for almost every other standard banner 5*.

I've gotten C6 Keqing and constellations on every single other standard banner 5 star, but no Diluc.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Playing since launch I had C4 Mona, C4 Qiqi, C1 of both Keqing and Diluc, and even Tighnari before I got Jean. I finally got Jean on Nahida's banner, which was also my first "two 5* characters in one 10 pull."

RNG is a gently caress sometimes.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Geeze this game has some random dark poo poo tucked away in little corners.
"Ha ha, that's cute the little catgirl bartender hates alcohol and wants to destroy the country's wine industry"

"Oh, so wrote me letter, she's having a happy birthday because her alcoholic father didn't drink today"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh there's nothing random about it. Everything in the game is miserable, at best

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Coolness Averted posted:

Geeze this game has some random dark poo poo tucked away in little corners.
"Ha ha, that's cute the little catgirl bartender hates alcohol and wants to destroy the country's wine industry"

"Oh, so wrote me letter, she's having a happy birthday because her alcoholic father didn't drink today"

Still probably doing better than Little Timmie out on the bridge

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tarezax posted:

Still probably doing better than Little Timmie out on the bridge

It's good and cool of a game to make you feel like a monster in the first 20 minutes of play

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The dark poo poo just under the surface is why I'm a big fan of the games lore and story. I'm waiting to see if they actually kill off any gacha characters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still inconclusive on if that missing guy from the Dragonspine event is actually the kid's dad or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Nah, that kid's dad is super dead. The only debate is which specific homunculus flesh puppet is replacing him.

Sanctum posted:

Listen I'm not trying to bully here but have you tried using any of his skills and abilities to see what happens...?