Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just checked my email to see that Amazon is ending AmazonSmile because "after almost a decade, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. With so many eligible organizations—more than 1 million globally—our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin."

Just lol at how ghoulish capitalism is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Android Apocalypse posted:

I haven't seen any of the Star Wars animated shows and I guess I'm missing some inside things when watching stuff like Andor?

Andor is extremely light on Easter eggs and cameos; it doesn't really reference anything from the animated series (unlike Mandalorian which ties in with Clone Wars pretty extensively). Someone could theoretically go into Andor with no prior knowledge of Star Wars and not have much go over their head.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

Andor is extremely light on Easter eggs and cameos; it doesn't really reference anything from the animated series (unlike Mandalorian which ties in with Clone Wars pretty extensively).

Andor has a good number little Easter eggs and stuff in it, probably more than a lot of people recognized, they just don't hit you over the head with them in a "nudge nudge, wink wink, recognize this?" manner that some of the other shows have. Just off hand of stuff I remember getting discussed in the Star Wars TV thread, Andor's gun was from the old Dark Forces game, a number of things in Luthen's shop were references (Including the stones from Temple of Doom on a shelf in the back), a whole bunch of planet names from the old EU are mentioned at one point or another (Cassian's cover has him from Fest, which was in a bunch of old games like Rogue Squadron), among a bunch of others.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

I had avoided the vast majority of Star Wars since Episode 3 until I picked up Jedi: Fallen Order on sale, and while it's a fine-ish Sekiro clone (the reason I got it to begin with)... it'd be a much better game if it wasn't tied down by Star Wars. The exploration is fine, the combat is at its best when you're fighting someone one-on-one, but since a Stormtrooper can't give you any trouble on their own, their solution to that usually was to throw a bunch of enemies at you at once that the combat system isn't good at dealing with, which got annoying real quick. Story was meh (although I did appreciate that when Darth Vader shows up at the end of the game, there's absolutely nothing you can do to him no matter how good at the game you are), but again, that's part of the game that could be better if it wasn't Star Wars. Also, the game didn't run well on my PS4 at all, which was a little frustrating.

I'll be curious to see what they do with Jedi: Survivor, although I won't pick it up anytime soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Two days after MLK day

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1615810281799667712

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

What a piece of poo poo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

There was a tweet somewhere about Desantis burning everything to the ground to go toe to toe with Trump, and then Trump undoing it 5min into the first debate by calling him Miss Florida and it’s really stuck with me.

Dude is a confrontational, malignant shithead but he’s a charisma black hole, he’s short and he has a funny voice and it’s not going to resonate with those Trump addled boomers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress DeSantis

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Andor's the best Star Wars that's ever been made. I rank it better than the original trilogy. It was legit amazing TV. It's a shame so many people have burnt out on the relentless parade of star wars stuff and didn't even give it a shot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

There was a tweet somewhere about Desantis burning everything to the ground to go toe to toe with Trump, and then Trump undoing it 5min into the first debate by calling him Miss Florida and it’s really stuck with me.

Dude is a confrontational, malignant shithead but he’s a charisma black hole, he’s short and he has a funny voice and it’s not going to resonate with those Trump addled boomers.

How the gently caress do so many Floridians vote for him then? I don’t get it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

He hurts the right people

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Because the democratic party ran a republican against him, and they ran a cop against rubio.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Florida attracts the worst people in the country and distills them into a balmy, malicious slurry.

Also:

No Butt Stuff posted:

He hurts the right people

And also as Mr Nice pointed out, Florida Dems might be the worst in the country

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Andor's the best Star Wars that's ever been made. I rank it better than the original trilogy. It was legit amazing TV. It's a shame so many people have burnt out on the relentless parade of star wars stuff and didn't even give it a shot.

I agree with this. Tremendous tv show.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thirding that. Andor is the best Star Wars thing ever made by a large margin. It achieves that in part by ignoring most of Star Wars.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

And also as Mr Nice pointed out, Florida Dems might be the worst in the country

Debbie Wasserman Schwartz is (was?) one of the us reps. As a former chair of the DNC she’s one of the leaders who guided the party to its current state.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Just checked my email to see that Amazon is ending AmazonSmile because "after almost a decade, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. With so many eligible organizations—more than 1 million globally—our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin."

I'm imagining Bezos hand delivering a check for 7 cents to a small local nonprofit and the recipient laughs about the amount and so he kills the whole program as the orgs are ungrateful.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

Debbie Wasserman Schwartz is (was?) one of the us reps. As a former chair of the DNC she’s one of the leaders who guided the party to its current state.

Yeah she’s trash. I remember her being deeeeeep in the pocket of some lobby but I can’t remember what off hand. Real estate maybe?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dango Bango posted:

They gave almost no money away. My mom used to work for a very large national environmental non profit and the amount of money they got out of Smile was completely negligible.

Jeff Bezos/Amazon as a rule are just not philanthropists in any capacity. Like living in Seattle you go to like museums and what not and you'll see the wall with all the big donors and Bezos' name just isn't on them.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Andor is a little too straight-faced to truly be good Star Wars, but it’s exceptional TV when viewed as its own thing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Skwirl posted:

It's Star Trek, not Wars, but Balance of Terror from TOS is a pretty good submarines in space episode.

Back half of Wrath of Khan is literally a sub movie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freshman year of college back in 1995 we revived the old comic book club and put out an anthology. My entry was called "How to Commit Murder in 5 East Steps."

The Student Club Committee that was overseeing the anthology didn't like that and had it cut.

Some people can't see satire if it came up to them wearing Bills #32 jersey, Bruno Magli shoes, and dark brown Isotoner gloves.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Just cycling thru randomwaffle and this came up:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just cycling thru randomwaffle and this came up:

I assume that's a website for ordering giant custom vinyl wall stickers?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yep, in fact I just did an image search for fatheads and it looks like you can get fatheads made that aren't sports-related. Never thought of that, but I never thought of getting a fathead either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yep, in fact I just did an image search for fatheads and it looks like you can get fatheads made that aren't sports-related. Never thought of that, but I never thought of getting a fathead either.

If they were cheaper it'd probably be a fun prank to get a bunch of weird ones and sneak into a friend's place and plaster them on the wall (I assume they're easy to remove, I've never gotten one).

Like, they come home from their birthday dinner and on their wall is a life size sticker of them passed out at a previous birthday party.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, I really liked the Alphabet Squadron trilogy and Alexander Freed has been one of the handful of writers in the NuEU I've consistently enjoyed.

Buzzed and wanna give you a shoutout, thank you for liking a buncha my random LEGO builds I post here and there

E: sorry to the others who were also liking them, a few names I can’t remember atm

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 19, 2023

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I did finally finish Andor and yeah, just an absolute excellent show that stands out on its own aside from Star Wars. Also, watching it after finishing The Bear was funny when you see Cousin Ritchie in a different role but almost essentially playing the same character.

I put on Clone Wars if I'm bored and it's been a nice background show. If someone has that list of condensed episodes I'd love it. Skip the filler episodes like Naruto :v:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I did finally finish Andor and yeah, just an absolute excellent show that stands out on its own aside from Star Wars. Also, watching it after finishing The Bear was funny when you see Cousin Ritchie in a different role but almost essentially playing the same character.

I put on Clone Wars if I'm bored and it's been a nice background show. If someone has that list of condensed episodes I'd love it. Skip the filler episodes like Naruto :v:

The four episode arc where Michigan J Frog leads four R2 units on some kind of espionage mission is purestrain George Lucas

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

gently caress, now I want to watch the Bear again for the 4th time

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The bear kinda hit hard because I started watching it without reading the premise other than dude cooks and I was looking for something to take my mind of my family troubles, because my brother had just attempted suicide. yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

This is the list I'd start with. It basically covers all of the high points of the first 5 seasons, includes most of season 6, and then just watch the entirety of season 7.

If you want to cut it down further, you don't really need to watch the entire movie, which is essentially three episodes smashed together, but the first 20~ minutes is okay if you want to see Anakin and Ahsoka actually meet. You could probably skip the three episode Mortis arc from season 3, which are a bit trippy and their impact is debated by fans, but I enjoyed them for what they were. The list also has a few stand alone episodes that are basically samplers of "Hey, if you like this, there's more scattered throughout about the droids/senate/whatever" which you can skip as well if you want.

The only major issued with that list is it was originally made in 2015, before the final season, Rebels and Rogue One and all the Disney+ shows, so it omits some episodes that might be worthwhile now. For example, the first episode with Bo-Katan in a prominent role beyond background character, who plays a big role in season 7, Rebels, Mandalorian season 2 and likely will in season 3, isn't included there as at the time, it mostly looked like a semi-filler Mandalore episode. The list only has one senate focused episode with Padme, so the handful of other episodes with Mon Mothma (Played by Genevieve O'Reilly as in Rogue One and Andor, and the deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith) are also omitted. Granted, some of those aren't important to the main plots of Clone Wars of stuff like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, the main Clones, Maul, but they do add a bit of flavor now and then. Also the list excludes every Jar-Jar episode :v:

As a final note, for those who aren't already aware, the first 2-3 seasons are not really in chronological order. There are 2-4 episode arcs throughout, but if you watch broadcast order, things can sometimes get a bit weird. The chronological order is on the Star Wars website if you want to go that way. The best example of this wackiness involves a squad of Clones the show regularly follows, one of whom ends up in the Bad Batch. The episode that is supposed to be their introduction while they are in training is S3E1 Clone Cadets, which in the timeline would actually be like the 3rd episode overall of the series, but the immediate next episode (S3E2) has them as experienced veterans joining an ARC unit and would be the 48th episode if they were set in chronological order. The episode with their first actual mission after training is S1E5 and they show up in a few other episodes during seasons 1 and 2 before really getting focused on more later in season 3. By seasons 4 and beyond, the show is mostly in order. Some people don't mind the early seasons jumping around as they do, but I know it was a factor for me in why I didn't really get into the show the first time I tried to watch it years and years ago.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 19, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

For a GIP secret santa years ago I got a poster a fathead of chris pratt in his gotg setup because they had a crush on him. Said poster regifted it because his partner wouldn’t let him hang it up at home, and I’ve never felt more heartbroken.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

I contend the second Trump realizes he can call him "Rhonda Santis" then the ol Ron is done for

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/fighttalk_/status/1615825821867941900?s=46&t=vqdDI8YQ_LCq6ve_85joeA

The worst game show contestant of all time

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Slept like crap last night and I'm in know everything I have to do but don't wanna do it mode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the first tweet is bullshit you cant just steal a million dollars from a man because he doesn't know how to pronounce Achilles

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Quiet Feet posted:

Slept like crap last night and I'm in know everything I have to do but don't wanna do it mode.

This is me for the last 2 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

New songs from The National, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

the first tweet is bullshit you cant just steal a million dollars from a man because he doesn't know how to pronounce Achilles

Wheel is bullshit for a lot of reasons. I still contend they pay a little person to hide under the wheel and perform precision braking to vaporize all the contestants’ earnings if they’re doing too well.