Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I've just about finished my Second Legion of Vega, First Battalion, Second Company. It's the first time I've done decals, which were slightly finicky but pretty cool, and I'm really happy with how the cockpits came out. I was initially planning them to be a neon-green color, but eventually settled on turquoise and had a great time blending and such.

Here's the whole company, plus a random Atlas I also painted.

The command lance, plus random Atlas. The Wolverine is meant to be Hanfeld Plazmint from Combat Manual Kurita, page 98, whose mech I based the color scheme on. I'm really proud of the cockpit glass on the Katana/Crockett; blending is fun!

The fire lance, featuring the spiffy new Kurita Archer. Once again I'm really happy with the cockpit glass on the Lancelot.

The scout/cavalry lance. Let me tell you, finding a place to fit decals on a Wasp is not easy. When painting the Dragon cockpit I diluted the paint a little bit too much, but the resulting blue wash around the glass looks kind of like a "glow" effect so I'm not too mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
(Random Thought, due to my meds being screwy)

We have Hunchback in 70's format (Its laser intensive version is nicknamed the discoball in my old group, hence the 70s), and the Hunchback of the 80's (that Big rear end Auto-Cannon in one shoulder is definitely a Boom-Box), what would be the 90's and 2000's looking hunchback?

90's would be all style over substance with all the ridiculous new tech shoved in whether it needed it or not (ferro, XL, endo, etcetera)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

SirFozzie posted:

what would be the 90's and 2000's looking hunchback?

That would be the Hunchback IIC and the Quasimodo, respectively.

Quasimodo might be 2010s, come to think of it. 2000s Hunchback is the Hollander.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I can see the Hollander thing actually. Too much 2000's "You're Overcompensating for something" in that giant dil.. er.. gauss rifle.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

SirFozzie posted:

We have Hunchback in 70's format (Its laser intensive version is nicknamed the discoball in my old group, hence the 70s), and the Hunchback of the 80's (that Big rear end Auto-Cannon in one shoulder is definitely a Boom-Box), what would be the 90's and 2000's looking hunchback?

90's would be all style over substance with all the ridiculous new tech shoved in whether it needed it or not (ferro, XL, endo, etcetera)

Great now you got me thinking about a Hunchback wearing Zubaz fighting against a Hunchback wearing Jncos (the Rick Dom of hunchbacks)

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Welcome to misfiring brain-land, population: US!

To pull a Susan Powter and attempt to "Stop The Insanity" and get back on the main topic, Has anyone figured out what Battletech: Command is?

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
looks like, and I hope it is not, a watered down, crappy version of 'Battleforce' :/

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s a totally separate board game, looks like it’ll use a card system instead of dice

Some photos and stuff on this forums discussion page https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/battletech-command-resurgent-empires-a-succession-wars-game/60/

I kinda want the miniatures to make the smallest and most portable game of BattleTech ever, they look super cute!

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
Judging from photos it is Command and Colors game. I like the heavier games in that series, but the lighter ones weren't too exciting. I would figure this one would be a light version of C&C

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
thank you for the link to nothing, my apologies for not wanting to play nothing.

I went digging despite your link, and that poo poo sucks. And it sucks HARD. I ain't playing that poo poo.

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 19, 2023

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
i just want the succession wars board game already

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

SirFozzie posted:

The 90's?

HEYYYYYY MACARENA!!!!!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

BigBeefCity posted:

thank you for the link to nothing, my apologies for not wanting to play nothing.

I went digging despite your link, and that poo poo sucks. And it sucks HARD. I ain't playing that poo poo.

Sorry, didn’t realize the pictures only show up if you’re logged in!

Yeah I have zero idea about the game itself, but I really dig those tiny rear end mechs

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 19, 2023

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Tbf the PXH-IIC really is just kinda a weird hunchback.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

I mean, yes, that thing does look like it could completely body this thing:

You do, in this circumstance, "gotta hand it to" the Clans

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

jojos bizarre batchall

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

....wow now THAT'S a shadow back
e: I've seen that image from the 90's before because i'm very old, as well.

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 19, 2023

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I might have that TRO somewhere

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I remember reading my buddies copy of that TRO. had all the glossy pages with the "IIc" variants of all the classics with the conspicuous harmony gold copyright that clashed hilariously with the simple draftsmanship of the refrigerators with legs.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Owlbear Camus posted:

I remember reading my buddies copy of that TRO. had all the glossy pages with the "IIc" variants of all the classics with the conspicuous harmony gold copyright that clashed hilariously with the simple draftsmanship of the refrigerators with legs.

The difference in artwork between the 3050/3055/3058 TROs could cause whiplash.

This owns.

This looks like it is selling AARP memberships or long-term food storage.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I like how they went to the trouble of giving it sad eyes.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Form follows function

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Anyway drat I knew Savannah Masters were fast but I guess I never really looked at their record sheet, holy hell they tear rear end across open ground.

I've told this before but one time we actually tried the 20 Savannah Masters vs one Atlas thing, and we gave up in turn 3.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I laughed like hell when I realized that FASA was trying to anime up its designs without shooting itself in the dick over copyright, and then proceeded to half-assedly anime up some Mechs while, AGAIN, shooting itself in the dick over copyright.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
God the thing about trying to give mechs dynamic poses is the pilot's in the head. He's not in the center of mass like a Gundam or whatever, he's out there wobbling and whipping around when that head moves. That Jenner may look cool but I bet you'd barf.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

BigBeefCity posted:

CGL's home design efforts aren't good. I bought shadowrun crossfire and thats the first and only time I can recall right now where my board gaming group gave up on a game in less than thirty minutes

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

General Battuta posted:

God the thing about trying to give mechs dynamic poses is the pilot's in the head. He's not in the center of mass like a Gundam or whatever, he's out there wobbling and whipping around when that head moves. That Jenner may look cool but I bet you'd barf.

The Clan eugenics program removed the genes for motion sickness

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

turns out they were on the same regulatory protein switch as the "not losing to the phone company" gene

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

General Battuta posted:

I prefer my dynamism as "drawing the mech actually doing something" as opposed to "have it do a kabuki pose" personally. What is that Phoenix Hawk supposed to be accomplishing?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
He's boutta accomplish loving your poo poo up

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Winning a dance off, clearly.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I'd buy a TRO: Stop: Hammer Time.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Man I love 3d printing. I imagine how goggle eyed with future shock I'd get explaining it to past me playing this poo poo as a kid that I can have any esoteric thing I want for the board in a few hours without paying far out the rear end for and fiddling with a fussy pewter model or settling for a counter or standee.

"just get a few estimates before you sign anything."

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 22, 2023

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
How it started:

How it's going:

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
gettin' REAL Beefy up in here!

It looks very nice, good work.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I bought the Anzu, Dragon II and Juliano from IWM because I wanted more minis designed by goons. The Juliano wants me to put its legs together joint by joint and it is legit intimidating.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I have taught her to respect the Savannah Master.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Finally got my buddy around to play our trial game. He took the Griffin and I took the Shadow Hawk out for a spin. Pretty fun once we got a little hang for the numbers but we can certainly polish it up more. I made it my goal to try and catch and punch his 'mech but a large laser cutting through my armor set off my LRM ammo and left me a crater.

I can't wait to play again.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I am so happy that the latest ilClan Recognition Guide canonized the Mechwarrior 4 version of the Hellhound as the Hellcat. I always thought that design looked slick.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
One of the newer guides also canonized the BattleArmor from MechAssault.

There's been a long-time pseudo ban on taking anything from the video games. I wonder if that's been lifted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I hope they canonize the Sun Spider and Corsair bc those are pretty sick designs.