Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's because if you're looking at a computer screen your brain is waiting for an alien to pop up so you can blast it with a shotgun

This almost never happens to me when I read a book, like barely twice a year. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I beat demon souls tonight. The ending rush of that game sure is something. Felt a lot like king’s field to me, where it wasn’t really a challenge it was more just going through the motions and trying to wrap it up. Still good, but lacked a bit of the tension of the earlier levels. 5-3 made me feel like the bad guy for sure.

Overall I really like Demon Souls even if mechanically the bosses are pretty weak compared to other entries. Manhunter was definitely my favorite, though I wish I had been able to find an online opponent for old monk.

I played on easy mode with a royal, I may replay this one with my normal single weapon strength build, now that I know the levels I think it would be a pretty quick second clear. This is a lot shorter than the other games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DeS whips. One of the most innovative games ever. The remake version of it is an absolute feast for the senses but also just proves how well the original gameplay has held up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No new triangle strat evil portraits tonight but some plot happened and it’s pretty exciting! I’ve come to appreciate the limited unit customization now that my collection of little dudes has grown, each of them handling quite differently from one another.

I keep comparing it to final fantasy tactics in various ways (I think I’m allowed) and one thing I would have liked to see in TS (triangle strategy) is more ambitious spirite animations and poses in cutscenes. So far it’s been very basic, which is disappointing. And also I’m still having issues with the visual clarity (a colour saturation graphic option would be nice).

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 19, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I liked Triangle Strategy for the most part, but having came from the Tactics Ogre remaster just before playing that, it doesn't compare. FFT, and TO are much better strategy RPGs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hatty posted:

Yeah I thought I was going nuts because I can’t parse some articles on certain websites, but I’m able to read a normal book fine so I’m not sure what my deal is. It’s like my brain goes on vacation when I’m using the internet and comes back when I’m reading a book

My brain is permanently on vacation. I have a real problem concentrating. Especially in games. I have trouble parsing longer text in games. Like my brain can’t flexibly switch between gaming mode and reading comprehension mode. The longer I play the worse it gets.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've just finished Pentiment. it is 3:42 am, and i have spent the last hour crying. 100/10

edit: i am gonna have to look up what the word pentiment actually means though

edit edit: gently caress that's good

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 19, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does it mean "Hey Nintendo, it's been a while since you did a Direct. What games and/or potential new consoles you got cooking for 2023"?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dabir posted:

Peach can do everything mario can do and she can fly. Why does she even need this tubby loser
Mario can pick things up faster and Luigi can jump higher, that's about it

bone emulator posted:

why watch new movies when you can watch good movies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh8KnmRvqd0

SeXReX posted:

Because you can always recontextualize them and make them new again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjrXYdYJbX4
For those who wanted to know more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8LnWKGtCc4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 19, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kerrzhe posted:

Haha, it's such a good title :allears:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

I said come in! posted:

I liked Triangle Strategy for the most part, but having came from the Tactics Ogre remaster just before playing that, it doesn't compare. FFT, and TO are much better strategy RPGs.

My experience is complete opposite. TO doesn’t hold up. It really just depends what you’re looking for.

For me, the Tactics Ogre has a great story but the combat gets tedious when you come across boss battles that are overtuned in the enemies favour. Better hope you had multiple save slots. Tons of recruits hidden behind obtuse recruitment, and the amount of battles can eventually just drag.

Triangle Strategy drags a bit at the beginning but I found it paced fairly well, has enough fights and doesn’t overstay it’s welcome. Going with all unique units means everyone you take into battle feels like they are adding a different layer of strategy and I only felt like the game ramps up the difficulty to be a bit overwhelming on the enemies side near the end of the game, where it was always fairly balanced. TS learned a lot from TO and FFT and while they’re great games and I can see why people would prefer them, TS just felt so much better to play.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

tristrat is better than both

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's more of a triangle tactic

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
furthermore, tactics ogre isn't even the best tactics ogre

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

i've just finished Pentiment. it is 3:42 am, and i have spent the last hour crying. 100/10

holy poo poo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

josh sawyer... that fella sure makes good video games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's no elden ring

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It's no elden ring

yeah.... it's good!!!!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

videogames

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

videogames

if vinyl and CRT monitors can come back, why not the humoural theory of disease

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
MGS3 remake looks weird

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I finally made a thread for Stalcraft in MMO HMO and am getting a good idea of how loving dead/locked in that subforum is.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

I finally made a thread for Stalcraft in MMO HMO and am getting a good idea of how loving dead/locked in that subforum is.

SA is, in fairness, the tiniest of tiny slices of the internet at large, and stalcraft is already a niche game to begin with, so the venn diagram's going to look like two perfect spheres more likely than not

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try making a starcraft thread instead next time?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think you need some kind of games forum wide long term psy-op to get an MMORPG into the hearts of goons. Like that final fantasy game I keep hearing about!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Hamb0w0/status/1615720802137116672?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Try making a starcraft thread instead next time?

I am out of vespine gas.

on an unrelated note I saw that C&C remaster was on sale on steam and spent longer that I should have trying to decrypt exactly which games were in the pack for 3 dollars like it would matter.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lmao I can hear this perfectly in my head without even clicking the vid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/BurtRaynolds1/status/1615848236333371392?s=20

Now he can make 10 Elden Rings

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

well it worked for black mesa

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

videogames

What game is this?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The largely forgotten Sunset Overdrive.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rinkles posted:

Oh man I knew that looked familiar somehow. Fun game overall. Forgot about the leech quest.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rinkles posted:

Would have been a huge hit if it had released on a real console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

Pentiment is amazing, I love that game a lot.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rinkles posted:

Never quite scratched that Jet Set Radio itch but I liked it all the same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waltzing Along posted:

Eh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is maybe unfair but Sunset Overdrive is the first thing I think of when I think of the era where games expected critical plaudits for having color and not being brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Nah, it wasn't well received at launch. No one thought of it as a killer Xbox One launch title. Reviews considered it to be pretty average and not that noteworthy of a game.