Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I mean you may as well. itd also make euph start foaming at the mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think it’s good that the children of a bunch of New England blue bloods have figured out a socially acceptable way to claim that the greatest player of all time is a fat white guy. We already had the “greatest season of any player ever” story last year, so if Jokic can stay consistent we should start getting those claims in the next few years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hey don't look at New England on this one, we're still trying to convince everyone Jayson and Jaylen are the new Mike and Scottie

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

5000 posts itt by a guy who doesnt even seem to like basketball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

welcome to cspam

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Okay if the Nuggets can't take this home game against Minnesota without Towns/Gobert I'm convinced the Grizz will run away with the West. Lakers looking fraudulent too losing against Sabonisless Kings at home

horribly ugly game, worst win of the season other than jokic putting up a 30-point triple double on back to back nights

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
honestly I just think it's funny that jokic breaks so many people's brains by being so good. he shouldn't be but he is and haters stay hating

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Demarcus Cousins didn’t receive a single vote in 2016-2017 despite putting up Jokic numbers.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

but yeah I think systemic racial bias is cool too

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i like that jokic is objectively uninteresting to watch and has no style or grace but puts up insane numbers every single game he's in and also has a funny face

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

watch a game !!!

ok

no not like that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Demarcus Cousins didn’t receive a single vote in 2016-2017 despite putting up Jokic numbers.

:goofy:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fully admitting that jokic is mvp and a bird level hall of gamer : I also am pointing out that pace and scoring is through the roof compared to the nba many of us grew up with

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

watch a game !!!

ok

no not like that

you didn’t though?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

it’s the uhhh. altitude?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched Dallas Atalanta !!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

27pts 11reb 5ast 1stl 1blk

27pts 14reb 8ast 1.5stl 1blk

One was a runaway winner and the other didn’t get a single vote, not even for 5th place hmmm.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

I watched Dallas Atalanta !!

you don’t make 200 posts a day about players on those teams

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

But maybe all the honkeys on twitter really do know more than the players and coaches, most of whom picked Giannis or Embiid.

Although I do remember Draymond said that Jokic was MVP, so it’s not fair to say they know more than all the other players, just most of them.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
can't believe DMC didn't get a single MVP vote on his 32-50 Kings team that he was traded from, smh

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 19, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this really made me laugh

https://www.tiktok.com/@backfirednbapod/video/7186789036508417322?_r=1&_t=8Z7LES9CHwh

I feel like this is what a lot of basketball talk online is anymore so I'm thankful for this thread and the sas one too

also Tatum's new shoes are WACK

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Someday someone will post a good Jokic comp

Not today however

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

but yeah I think systemic racial bias is cool too

wut

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Jokic is a very good player, great this season. but let's not pretend the MVPs weren't solely cause he's white. he's great. top fifteen easy, I'd argue top ten and not dismiss arguments for top five out of hand. he isn't and hasn't been mvp though.

Giannis, KD, and Tatum are all clearly better. I'd say Luka porbably is as well even though Jokester is playing at least ok defense now that they're moving him out. some people will say Embiid has come on the past few weeks but guess what: no he hasn't, and he stinks

in any case MVP to me means Most Viewable Player ie who is the best to watch. 1. Ja 2. Giannis 3. KD 4. Tatum 5. the notorious antisemite Kyrie

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

ex post facho posted:

can't believe DMC didn't get a single MVP vote on his 32-50 Kings team that he was traded from, smh

according to posters in this very thread having good players on your team is a detriment to being an MVP candidate.

Boogie was playing with Rudy Gay as his number 2

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

indigi posted:

this really made me laugh

https://www.tiktok.com/@backfirednbapod/video/7186789036508417322?_r=1&_t=8Z7LES9CHwh

I feel like this is what a lot of basketball talk online is anymore so I'm thankful for this thread and the sas one too

also Tatum's new shoes are WACK

I can’t tell if this video is a bit or not, but the icing is when he said, “I would have done…”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Someday someone will post a good Jokic comp

Not today however

a slower Larry bird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean mentally slower

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
how good is jokic's trash talk game?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Laterite posted:

how good is jokic's trash talk game?

https://youtu.be/jE_zfD4itII

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

my claim is not to say that Boogie should have been MVP, but instead that Jokic’s selection is an NBA writer’s attempt to obfuscate what should be a pretty easy thing. sports reporters are at their most valuable when they have poo poo to decode (see trade deadline and signing shenanigans)

it’s not in a writers interest to select a player who puts up numbers and passes the eye test, so instead we’ll see dark horse candidates with increasing levels of abstraction applied to them (in this case under the guise of advanced analytics that don’t describe the game any differently than traditional metrics) or we’ll get Lebron, Stephs, and other GOATs awarded as legacy pieces.

they are basically going to turn awards voting into the tax code for clicks so people will listen to their podcasts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

last years was real bad Becuase now this year he’s actually in the running based on legacy credentials

so he’s going to win 3 straight mvps. more mvps than playoff games won

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if he gets to 4 that’s how many Lebron has which … lmao

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zach Lowe sticks his head under the blanket that protects the golden plates

“They say the white boy wins again!”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

last years was real bad Becuase now this year he’s actually in the running based on legacy credentials

so he’s going to win 3 straight mvps. more mvps than playoff games won

Checked because I was curious. Jokic has won 21 playoff games since 2019. A mediocre postseason track record for a two-time MVP, but not completely awful. Giannis (the People's MVP) won 38 over this span.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
he won a playoff series with a starting backcourt of Austin Rivers and Facundo Campazzo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

he won a playoff series with a starting backcourt of Austin Rivers and Facundo Campazzo

they were playing a team that had 36 year old carmelo anthony as their 6th man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I meant series not games

but whatever it doesn’t matter

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

they were playing a team that had 36 year old carmelo anthony as their 6th man

ok if we’re going by bench the nuggets had Markus Howard in a similar role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU