Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I like to post comics by thread regulars when I see the tweets. Here's a KCG from earlier today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Emzedoh posted:

What's Ray saying?

"I've got company!"

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hark! A Vagrant

Mildly :nws: for cartoon titties

Extrapolating from old illustrations! These are from a once popular magazine called The Idler, full of drama and great Victorian things. I found them on Project Gutenburg, because the internet is a glorious bounty of things past, and we’re awfully lucky for it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A very good one, doomed to languish in obscurity behind the spoiler wall :rip:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Blind Alley

readingatwork has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Jan 20, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Double dipping since I missed a few days

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"I've got company!"

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

drop out

drop out

CW: suicidal thoughts / ideation

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

Same level of hosed as near as I can tell.

Not anymore apparently!

https://twitter.com/CocktailsAndInk/status/1615786862781546497?s=20

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Very colourful, Boba.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

yeah this right here is primo content

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Motherfucker.

To be clear, when I said Comixology was hosed, no blame attached to Comixology. It was Amazon what done the loving.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Samovar posted:

Very colourful, Boba.

yeah this right here is primo content

Thank you SO much, I'm SO excited, and I'm well on my way to having my own OP, I love that video even if it's Not Much, and I think I'm really doing well at showing how the city is absolutely dwarfed by this tree. I'm really proud, and my art is only improving.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I'm surprised the last panel of this one also didn't become a meme

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

ikanreed posted:

I'm surprised the last panel of this one also didn't become a meme

Be the change you wish to see

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ANSU

Fingerpori

"Seiväshyppääjä ylitti itsensä" = "Pole vaulter surpassed himself"/"Pole vaulter did exceptionally well"
"Seiväshyppääjä ylitti itsensä" = "Pole vaulter went over himself"
It kinda works in English too? Kinda?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Penultimate Quest

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If anyone's curious, Teodor's actual words:

In Thueringen they say:
Dogs don't eat fruit...
*schiesst selbst*
Dogs eat gently caress and sleep!
Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh, yes!

Correction, it's "dogs don't like fruit" and "dogs like loving & sleeping"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Carthag Tuek posted:

Correction, it's "dogs don't like fruit" and "dogs like loving & sleeping"

Haha gently caress, somehow i mixed up the German to like with the Korean to eat 🫣

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

It's cool Donnie, nobody else does either, just Google it or ask stack overflow

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

how it started

how it's going

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

starting to kinda doubt whether hes a good boy

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

He is a good boy. You can tell cause that's the title of the comic.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

I did not realize when I started reading that this comic takes place in real time in the present day. These 2 girls who only listen to music made between the 70s and 90s were born approximately 2006.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

how it started

how it's going

lmao the original TGT thread was definitely one of the high points of my time on this forum

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

it's very funny to me that an earless OC in a tshirt turns out to be the best character in the whole comic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: In desperation, God severs his own head from his body before the heroin can reach it! His body dissipates into dust, and his head falls to the rocks below, where he is found by Wang Chan (I don't remember if the translation gave him a name)! Joost and his friends burn the last of God's things, and Fast Ambulance destroys the stone mask with a sledgehammer!

Read right to left:

Chapter 41 - Let's See, Jonathan is a God: END

Only three chapters left to go! Looks like things are looking up for Joost, time to coast on to a well-deserved happy ending!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Father, I cannot click the newspaper!

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 17

I did not realize when I started reading that this comic takes place in real time in the present day. These 2 girls who only listen to music made between the 70s and 90s were born approximately 2006.

It's not that uncommon. I remember going through an intense Dad Rock-enjoying stage from about 7th thru 10th grade, mostly because that was the music my parents had lying around on CD. Also because a girl I had a crush on was really into the Beatles, and I wanted to be into whatever she was into.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Fyadophobic posted:

It's not that uncommon. I remember going through an intense Dad Rock-enjoying stage from about 7th thru 10th grade, mostly because that was the music my parents had lying around on CD. Also because a girl I had a crush on was really into the Beatles, and I wanted to be into whatever she was into.

Were you born in 2006?

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

ultrafilter posted:

Were you born in 2006?

No, but I also didn't distinguish much at that age between music from 5 years before I was born versus music from 40 or 50 years before I was born. To me, it all fell under the category of Old, and I thought it was cool because at the time it felt like only me and a few of my friends 'knew' about it. In junior high my best friend and I were obsessed with music from the 60s and 70s, which is about the same comparative time gap for the kids in the comic.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my cousin's kid is from 2005 and he wishes for & gets 70s records for birthdays and such. pink floyd, dire straits, genesis, etc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

my cousin's kid is from 2005 and he wishes for & gets 70s records for birthdays and such. pink floyd, dire straits, genesis, etc

Good on him (only if he stops after the first one or two Phil Collins Genesis albums though)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

Lie bot, what is the saddest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
A homeless person running to stop a cop from tearing down her tent and then falling in a puddle of water that was secretly super deep and breaking her leg and then she wasn't there so they took her cat away.