Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think making it xbone exclusive was a bad call. I always wanted to play it but I had to wait for the PC release, I'm sure there were others

Then again it is a very mid game, as much as I want to say it was better than it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lmao, the part in Nier where you go through the menu setup sequence again but from the other side.

I assume everybody kept saying no on the self-destruct until 9S started repeating dialogue?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

lmao, the part in Nier where you go through the menu setup sequence again but from the other side.

I assume everybody kept saying no on the self-destruct until 9S started repeating dialogue?

like prometheus, we were stretched on the rock of our hubris

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Does it mean "Hey Nintendo, it's been a while since you did a Direct. What games and/or potential new consoles you got cooking for 2023"?
it's not like any first party has their poo poo together, honestly

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

it's not like any first party has their poo poo together, honestly

Not anything mario maker thats for loving sure. They hate their own game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Not anything mario maker thats for loving sure. They hate their own game.

I was sad at how quickly Nintendo abandoned Mario Maker 2.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Decided to jump back into Warframe after 4 years and I cannot remember a drat thing about how to play.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
be a robot ninja, flip out and kick people's heads off, wail on your guitar and pop a huge boner

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Sunset Overdrive was a fun 6/10 video game

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Infinitum posted:

Does it mean "Hey Nintendo, it's been a while since you did a Direct. What games and/or potential new consoles you got cooking for 2023"?

Ask again in a few weeks

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
RIP Giant Bomb (again)

Jason and Jess just got fired

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Finally beat Freeway Fighter, protip if you're gonna play reroll if you get 1 skill and 6 luck. There's so many situations that reduce your luck that it quickly stops mattering, and there's usually a backup skill check if you fail. But having low skill means every fight becomes nearly impossible, the last fight with the Raiders I had to roll at least 10 on two dies just to hit, very frustrating.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

RIP Giant Bomb (again)

Jason and Jess just got fired

They should've just put the brand out to pasture a while ago.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
giant bomb has been bad for about 6 years and outright terminal for half that

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I don't even know what giant bomb is

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I hear that Jeff Gerstmann is still a threat.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The Vinny/Alex/Dan/Abby Beastcast was the last truly great GiantBomb era, so yeah it's been a few years since they've really had anything great.

I think the appeal of GB has always been a group of very close friends first. They always had this casual vibe because they were all so comfortable around each other and weren't worried about stepping on toes or hurting feelings. This entirely new crew, split across the nation, never meeting in person, was just never going to be able to recapture that. And without that, what are they other than one of an infinite number of content creators.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I will miss everyone being together but I do appreciate still having my Nextlander guys to check in with every week, and the 3+ hour Gerstmann podcast to put on in the background while cooking.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

verbal enema posted:

a group of dudes sit around a table and talk about/play video games, it was one of the OGs and has had a strong presence for a while

it sadly lost most of its good talent several years back and i think the general format's kinda become outdated compared to modern streaming platforms, and iirc it also got bought out by one of those slime corps that snap up internet properties for the sole purpose of killing them for whatever reason

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

verbal enema posted:

It's when Bomberman picks up one of his bombs to power it up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GiantBomb was originally the answer to Gamespot and IGN, who were writing reviews with game publishers breathing down their necks and demanding games be given certain review scores with favors such as invites to trade shows, conventions, and free games. One of the original founders of GiantBomb was fired from Gamespot, and accused them of the firing being because they gave one of the earlier Hitman games a low score, and the publisher complained.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It was Kane and Lynch 2. Still the Hitman devs though. Was kind of funny looking back, GameSpot going "we didn't fire Jeff Gerstmann over his Kane and Lynch 2 review" while both sides of the website were full-height banner ads for Kane and Lynch 2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it was Kane and Lynch

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kane and Lynch owes its legacy to Jeff G.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

I said come in! posted:

GiantBomb was originally the answer to Gamespot and IGN, who were writing reviews with game publishers breathing down their necks and demanding games be given certain review scores with favors such as invites to trade shows, conventions, and free games. One of the original founders of GiantBomb was fired from Gamespot, and accused them of the firing being because they gave one of the earlier Hitman games a low score, and the publisher complained.

Kane and Lynch

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's when Bomberman picks up one of his bombs to power it up.

that's a pumped up bomb, actually

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dabir posted:

It was Kane and Lynch 2. Still the Hitman devs though. Was kind of funny looking back, GameSpot going "we didn't fire Jeff Gerstmann over his Kane and Lynch 2 review" while both sides of the website were full-height banner ads for Kane and Lynch 2.

Kane and Lynch, thank you! Probably why I got confused by it being the Hitman devs. My bad!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

verbal enema posted:

The Cyberpunk 2077 launch

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

The Cyberpunk 2077 launch

Lol

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

I will miss everyone being together but I do appreciate still having my Nextlander guys to check in with every week, and the 3+ hour Gerstmann podcast to put on in the background while cooking.

Yeah Nextlander is the true legacy of GB. I feel bad for the newer crop of younger staff because it just seems like such a poisoned chalice of being part of a personality based thing which you also probably grew up with, but which is also paying your rent and whatever else with no garuantee that if you jump ship you can sustain your own audience via Twitch. I do think all the people that are/were there are super talented and funny but that seems like a real savage business to be clinging on to.

Having listened to Jeff G speak on the internet for nearly 20 years at this point, I have a lot of affection for him, but something feels a lil missing from his solo podcast. Loved when he's had guests on.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

that's a pumped up bomb, actually

My Bomberman knowledge exposed...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/StoopFalcon/status/1615784514818555931?s=20&t=ENe6s3_hFxXHtFMGU5wT8g

oh my god another one happened.

no, not the other one that just happened, this is a new one

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/StoopFalcon/status/1615784514818555931?s=20&t=ENe6s3_hFxXHtFMGU5wT8g

oh my god another one happened.

Amazing :allears:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

lmao

it sounds like war thunder is pretty good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Those documents are getting leaked, because of inaccuracies in War Thunder, right? Or is that just a myth?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

is war thunder a psyop...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Those documents are getting leaked, because of inaccuracies in War Thunder, right? Or is that just a myth?

They're getting leaked because people are using them to try to win forum arguments. I don't think there's any way to tell if the game is actually inaccurate, that question may not be answerable because it's still a video game simulation of a tank and not a real tank. Or it may not be answerable without that classified material, which is why this keeps happening

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

They're getting leaked because people are using them to try to win forum arguments.

lmao this owns

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

is war thunder a psyop...
The correct term is honeypot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

They're getting leaked because people are using them to try to win forum arguments. I don't think there's any way to tell if the game is actually inaccurate, that question may not be answerable because it's still a video game simulation of a tank and not a real tank. Or it may not be answerable without that classified material, which is why this keeps happening

lol