Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Asgerd posted:

That's clearly a Stargate, which is used for interplanetary travel and not time travel. A Bad Cartoon.

While normally the case, there are several episodes of the historical documentary Stargate: SG1 that demonstrate the ability of stargates to implement time travel if gates are used under certain specific circumstances like solar flare activity.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Asgerd posted:

That's clearly a Stargate, which is used for interplanetary travel and not time travel. A Bad Cartoon.
Should have used Biden's TARDIS instead.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

J.A.B.C. posted:

Literally the opposite of reality. I know that's Branco's whole thing, but drat do I hate seeing these clowns.

And even if this were to accurately show what had happened, this isn't the dunk that Branco thinks it is - one of them clearly shows actual intent to steal classified material.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The locked treasure chest panel is really just a slice of reality denialism conservatives have been building for decades. It would be bad in a vacuum, but everybody saw those loving photos. Everybody knows what the reality was. It just doesn't matter to Branco.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Obituary.

I guess McCoy finally woke up from his holiday bender. Seriously though, it's nice of him to show just what a hateful misogynist he is. It doesn't matter that Lisa Marie Presley had her own life, her own career. Sixty years on this planet that he could have drawn from, and McCoy refuses to see her as anything more than Elvis' daughter, and not even an adult at that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

here we see the border patrol harassing and attacking an immigrant with all his documents in order

this is, of course, a criticism of joe biden

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

here we see the border patrol harassing and attacking an immigrant with all his documents in order

this is, of course, a criticism of joe biden
"Yeah but can we say it's contraband anyway?"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Imagine living an entire life and your most notable achievement was once being the semen of someone famous.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Skios posted:

Steve Kelly

yeah kelly, about those egg prices...
https://twitter.com/musharbash_b/status/1616008838842548224?s=20

but don't worry, i'm sure you're just intending to blame it on biden causing inflation

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Smiling Padme: "so Biden is going to do something about a corporation jacking up egg prices right?"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cowcaster posted:

yeah kelly, about those egg prices...
https://twitter.com/musharbash_b/status/1616008838842548224?s=20

but don't worry, i'm sure you're just intending to blame it on biden causing inflation
Holy gently caress, tenfold??

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Smiling Padme: "so Biden is going to do something about a corporation jacking up egg prices right?"

Eww no that's communism

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Time travel wouldn't even work, whatever he did in the past would at best have no effect and at worst end up being the reason things are as they are now. If you want a house now you need to start running a bunch of scams, I don't make the rules.

Asgerd posted:

This would actually work out a lot better, it's well known that the only way you can escape the scrabbling claws of Capitalism is by going to space

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Nice. It took me a while to see.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

and you can bet their shareholders will expect that number to simply grow each year lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe you should use your loving time portal to make money, I'unno.

Seriously, how are you broke if you have a time machine handy?

DeLoreans are expensive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Collapse is coming by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Davos : débats au sommet sur un monde qui change/Davos: Debates at the summit about a changing world by Solís from Mexico

by Heng from Singapore
"Keep them in quaratine!"
Chinese COVID Statistics

Charlie Hebdo

Retirement: Macron explains the reform
"Each day on strike will make another trimester you'll have to work."

"Smile guys! They're going to talk about us in Nature!"

This accompanies on article on Chinese scientific publications and how the State meddles in it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lmao at all these Democrat cartoonists trying to do damage control.
Republicans mishandle classified documents like this: "Grrr! Rawr! I love crimes!"
Democrats mishandle classified documents like this: ":dementia: How did that get there? Are you my grandson? Would you take me home. "

E: and yes the Republican cartoonists pretending to care about classified docs now that the other guy did it too are also very funny

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 19, 2023

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. Well done.

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

quote:

HELLRAISER 2023: DAVOS EDITION
Klaus Schwab opens 2023 WEF annual meeting with call to ‘master the future’

Gee, that doesn’t sound ominous at all!

The World Economic Forum is currently meeting in Davos, Switzerland. There is a two-mile wide barrier to keep out media. We aren’t allowed to know what they’re saying there, but we already have a good idea: They want to complete their ‘Great Reset,’ which leads to their total control of humanity.

We didn’t vote for the control freaks who want to tell us all how things are going to be, but that doesn’t matter. They control many politicians and Deep State operatives, who run the Davos agenda by means of mandates, ‘agreements’ and ‘treaties.’ None of it is constitutional, but as long as they control politicians such as Biden, Ardern, Macron, and Trudeau they don’t care. Voting also gets rigged in favor of the WEF.

George Soros, who mysteriously bowed out of this year’s meeting, buys out DAs in big cities across the USA, and they let criminals go to create havoc and destruction. Soros wants this. He and his friends at Davos want America’s destruction so they can remake it as they see fit. In other words, voters are circumvented and the central bankers, the mega billionaires, and powerful corporate leaders get what they want.

And what is it they want? They want a new form of feudalism where everyone owns nothing and are dependent on their ‘lords’—the rulers at the WEF. The lords will completely control their subjects. It starts with Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) and a social credit system. China has already implemented this and the Chicoms have praised the WEF. Coincidence? Once they have total control of our money they can determine what we can and cannot buy. How far we can travel, what we can eat, and even what we can type on social media. Say the wrong thing and money gets deducted in the form of a fine.

It’s even darker than that. The people running the world are demonic. They hate Christianity and worship abortion. The Demons of Davos want us all to worship them, not God. Bill-zebub Gates wants us all to like him as he vaccinates us to death and cuts off our food supply. It is said that Switzerland has deployed 5,000 troops to protect the Davos attendees. This is not surprising because the vast majority of people on the planet do not want to pay carbon taxes, have their fossil fuels stripped away from them, or eat bugs. A lot of folks want to give Gates more than a cream pie to the face.

There are still those out there who say we are conspiracy theorists simply because we believe the big wigs at Davos do not have the best interest of humanity in mind. We believe the WEF wants to see humanity whittled down to 500,000,000, in perpetual balance with nature.

Just enough people on Earth to service the Demons at Davos.

A lot of people owe Alex Jones an apology. Despite constant ridicule, Jones has long been warning us about the dire situation now being imposed upon us all.

quote:

“HIT THE SHOWERS JOE- AND WITHOUT YOUR DAUGHTER!”

Joe Biden, the starting pitcher for the Democrats, needs to step down from the mound.

He’s well-known for his screwballs, but he just keeps getting wilder. The bumbling serial liar has been giving up way too many runs to the Republicans. It’s no wonder the Democrat manager (Barack Obama?) wants him replaced. The question is, once Kamala Harris steps up to the presidency, who will be her VP? Hillary? Michelle Obama? Pelosi’s nephew Gavin ‘Hairdo’ Newsom?

Joe’s latest toss was a spit-ballin’ blooper. It occurred when he attempted to discourage those on the right who complain about tyranny and big government. He said they can do little to stop it unless they get their own F-15s. His bullying statement negates the power Joe and the Democrats had earlier assigned to the January 6 protestors. Apparently those parading in the Capitol Dome did not have the power to subvert ‘democracy’ after all. Joe’s bragging about omnipotent government and the powerlessness of those who want to water the Tree of Liberty is hardly the language of someone who, upon taking office, had promised to unify and ‘heal the nation’s soul.’ Joe’s own soul was sold for a $50,000 rent check. Joe turned out to be a heel, not healer.

The Democrats have seen enough. Joe is a serial liar who is rapidly losing credibility as well as his mental acuity. It’s time for Joe to hit the showers.

There is no joy in Swampville—the mighty Biden cannot strike anyone out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean it's garrison so it's not a long road to walk but that "the WEF are demons who worship abortion and hate christianity" seems slightly more religioso than the norm

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The hell is this about? Is that even more projection with regards to Ivanka Tump?
Hell, up to that point I didn't even know Biden had another daughter besides the one which died and I was really disgusted by that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

That's just the invisible hand of the free market at work.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, mark eggs up 10x and if you sell half as many you still made an incredible amount of money, and now you've got half as many eggs again to sell commercially or toss into a volcano. Then next year you raise them even higher because you've discovered that actually nobody's gonna stop you and now you're only competing with the sort of companies that will move in lock step with you because the others didn't keep up and thus got destroyed. If there's too much grumbling you just call up your favorite stenographer to say it's because the industry is struggling and in need of bailout or whatever. The free market has solved the problems it saw in front of it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on misogyny in UK police forces – UK police forces have been asked to check officers and staff against national databases to identify suspected misogynistic predators"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak to be investigated by police after not wearing seatbelt in moving car

Matt:

Independent:

President Joe Biden: ‘Miraculous’ dealmaker or ‘consistently inconsistent’? What experts say two years in

Times:

Cake in the office should be viewed like passive smoking, obesity expert warns; Jan 2022: Boris Johnson tells allies there was no 'ambush with cake' at No 10 lockdown birthday party

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Hunt mocked over ‘Mr Bean-esque’ video explaining high inflation

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cant cook creole bream posted:

The hell is this about? Is that even more projection with regards to Ivanka Tump?
Hell, up to that point I didn't even know Biden had another daughter besides the one which died and I was really disgusted by that.

One of the many conspiracies they've ginned up about Biden comes from passages alleged to be in the diary of his daughter that a couple yahoos stole and then sold to Project Veritas back in 2020. Supposedly, she alleges he molested her in the showers or something like that.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

cant cook creole bream posted:

Spoiler for right wing sleeze. Basically, someone got their hands on an old childhood diary of Ashley Biden, the president's daughter. It was so toxic that even the Trump campaign wouldn't touch it, so it ended up in the hands of Project Veritas/James O'Keefe. Some of the stuff was leaked, and some mention of Ashley showering with her dad as a little girl got twisted into Biden having the hots for his prepubescent daughter. Even Project Veritas didn't turn it into one of their bullshit stories, and the people who originally sold the diary to them are currently facing federal charges over it, because they took it and other personal belongings from Florida to New York to sell them to Project Veritas. If you see a reference to Biden showering with his daughter in the depths of Trumpworld, that's where it comes from.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ooof...
The world was a slightly better place before reading that.
I guess at least it's not about the dead one.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Time travel wouldn't even work, whatever he did in the past would at best have no effect and at worst end up being the reason things are as they are now. If you want a house now you need to start running a bunch of scams, I don't make the rules.

He's not going to change the past, he's going to go live in the past.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

VitalSigns posted:

Is there anything he can do? Serious question, because the egg people aren't the first company to do the whole "Raise prices just because we can, gently caress you this is a monopoly" thing and it definitely feels like it should be illegal, but is this one of those "obvious harm is being done but no law is being broken because our laws mainly focus on protecting corporations not people" situations?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is there anything he can do? Serious question, because the egg people aren't the first company to do the whole "Raise prices just because we can, gently caress you this is a monopoly" thing and it definitely feels like it should be illegal, but is this one of those "obvious harm is being done but no law is being broken because our laws mainly focus on protecting corporations not people" situations?
Yes. Executive branch of the government and all that. Obviously he doesn't want to but eh

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

A lot depends on underlying facts about how and whether actual collusion is occurring. FTC might be able to do something, depending on the subsidy situation USDA might be able to act. That's why the original tweet about this is from a letter forthcoming (meaning not sent yet) to the FTC, tweeted by an attorney presumably preparing to submit the letter (and who, I need to emphasize, is working for a different set of industrial interests). You should not accept such things uncritically.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 20, 2023

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I live in the country and frequently pass by a family that sells eggs same-day, straight out of the chicken. I can ask them how bullshit this is or isn't if you like.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

The comic is a joke about housing prices and the impossibility of affording them for most young people, not a serious proposal that time travel is a viable solution

Sometimes people in this thread deliberately misread cartoons so they can make jokes. Shocking, I know, but it's true.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Drew Sheneman