Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Critical posted:

Xposting this from the dumb poo poo at work thread because I wish I could bottle what I felt in the moment it happened. So very satisfying.

If they fire you, you should be eligible for unemployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Critical posted:

Xposting this from the dumb poo poo at work thread because I wish I could bottle what I felt in the moment it happened. So very satisfying.

Hell yes, gently caress anybody who ever talks to an employee like that, ever.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm flying to TX tomorrow to see my family and my 1 year old nephew. I don't like being in TX but I like my nephew.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Penguin Patrol posted:

I'm flying to TX tomorrow to see my family and my 1 year old nephew. I don't like being in TX but I like my nephew.

I will wave at the skies in hopes you're in them at the time.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Texas is bullshit, good luck.

I am glad every day I do not live in Texas anymore.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Penguin Patrol posted:

goondolances on your upcoming struggles

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I lived in Texas for two years, no offense to anyone but it was dumb.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Critical posted:

Leaving a job where you're being treated like poo poo is one of life's pleasures. One which I would engage in more often if not for the fact I loving hate job searching & applying & interviewing more than most other things on this earth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Go to Buc-ee’s and Whataburger for those of us fast food/chain restaurant/convenience store connoisseurs who have never been. Do a trip report.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jerusalem posted:

Also the robot just doesn't want to hurt the feelings of Daffy's fans by admitting that Donald is objectively better.

I've gotten a lot better these days with not letting opinions rile me up anymore, but this is just something that I cannot abide. have you no shame? have you no sense of decency?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

I've gotten a lot better these days with not letting opinions rile me up anymore, but this is just something that I cannot abide. have you no shame? have you no sense of decency?

On the one hand Donald destroyed a Japanese WW2 base on his own. However Daffy hit Hitler with a big mallet. Though to pick. Might be Donald since Hitler lived.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Go to Buc-ee’s and Whataburger for those of us fast food/chain restaurant/convenience store connoisseurs who have never been. Do a trip report.

I've been to both tons of times, might get Whataburger but Buc-ee's is unlikely since I'm probably not driving out of the city

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fuzzy's Tacos is worth a stop if you're in their sphere

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

Fuzzy's Tacos is worth a stop if you're in their sphere

Never heard of it. I'm from San Antonio and it appears they aren't present there. My hometown taco of choice is a simple bean and cheese from Taco Cabana.

Right now I'm sitting in the St. Louis airport waiting 2.5 hours for my connecting flight. I'm drinking my 2nd double IPA at a depressing bar / bagel shop. There's a guy on the TV with giant ears talking about sports.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Penguin Patrol posted:

Never heard of it. I'm from San Antonio and it appears they aren't present there. My hometown taco of choice is a simple bean and cheese from Taco Cabana.

Right now I'm sitting in the St. Louis airport waiting 2.5 hours for my connecting flight. I'm drinking my 2nd double IPA at a depressing bar / bagel shop. There's a guy on the TV with giant ears talking about sports.

The depressing bar and bagel shop is probably the best place in Lambert, so congrats

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Texas ftw but only because I live here

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Daffy lovers and Donald lovers should join arms and appreciate the piano scene from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

https://youtu.be/MzxZ8qtdun0

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Lol Dak

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

Our own existences are all we have

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Updated my journal

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Chacho’s in Houston is the poo poo. We used to eat their late night all the time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Texas is the Reason to live, laugh, and love

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AHpJ7XXKI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I respect the Taco Cabana

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Penguin Patrol posted:

THREE whole-rear end STL goons are regulars in this tiny no-wrestling-chat-allowed wrestling thread, look at that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

Daffy lovers and Donald lovers should join arms and appreciate the piano scene from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxZ8qtdun0

:hfive:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Toon Town is a beautiful vision of heaven

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never seen that show

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

is that one of the fortnite places

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" was Fortnite before Fortnite was uncool. Heck it was Fortnite before Fortnite was cool.
It was a time when you could say 'wow Micky Mouse and Bugs Bunny on the same screen' instead 'god gently caress this corporate brand synergy initiative'.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i dunno i have too much fun gliding into a castle dressed as marshmello hanging from a cacodemon, killing everyone with a gun that shoots explosive swords, and then bouncing away on a magic shockwave hammer to be mad that geralt is in the silly shooting game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fortnite is based

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I actually played Fortnite for the first time last year. It was fun.
But most of the discourse about it is either 'filled with teabagging juvenile assholes' or 'god drat corporate brand synergy'!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its impossible to be teabagged in fortnite, the bodies disappear immediately on death

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

expose this hater

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is it a hot take to prefer Who Famed Roger Rabbit over Chinatown?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Is it a hot take to prefer Who Famed Roger Rabbit over Chinatown?

Chinatown is a foundational neonoir but Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a landmark in the medium of animation, and one nobody's really been able to replicate since.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKlEE_EYuNM

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois posted:

its impossible to be teabagged in fortnite, the bodies disappear immediately on death

trap sprung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

One of the coolest things I ever saw was Zemeckis doing a live commentary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?