Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Please don;t quote that guy, I have him on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
i don't trust anyone with their own island

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Endless Trash posted:

Daft Punk please come out of retirement or else it’ll be “Soundtrack by The Weeknd”

You mean 30 seconds to mars

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Please don;t quote that guy, I have him on ignore.

lmao

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
why do these stupid loving execs keep letting Jared Leto exist, he fuckin sucks.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He has an island sex cult.

Oh. Oh. He lets them use it, doesn't he?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
In the first domino to fall in the spectacular real life retelling of Icarus that is Marvel's phase whatever the gently caress we're on now, the phasing lady from antman 2 Ghost has just dropped out of the Thunderbolts movie

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 19, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Space Kablooey posted:

lmao

og tron is boring as poo poo. i once put it on for my roommates and i was embarrassed how boring it was

Tron 2 is absolutely where it’s at. It’s basically just “what if Tron were still stupid as hell, but actually had fun and excitement!?” and boy howdy!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

og tron

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ogtron is thte name of a caveman robot

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

X JAKK posted:

In the first domino to fall in the spectacular real life retelling of Icarus that is Marvel's phase whatever the gently caress we're on now, the phasing lady from antman 2 Ghost has just dropped out of the Thunderbolts movie

Who? What? Huh?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

You can’t just assume I remember ranyytbing that happened in a marvel movie that isn’t like a top five

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LanceHunter posted:

Welp, it looks like we'll all soon be folding laundry while watching movies...

https://twitter.com/joereid/status/1616157972396113932

Lol the two Colorado ones on the list are the only two theaters near me I ever go to

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Tron 2 is absolutely where it’s at. It’s basically just “what if Tron were still stupid as hell, but actually had fun and excitement!?” and boy howdy!

been saying that

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
RIP Edward Pressman, producer for Conan The Barbarian

https://www.variety.com/2023/film/news/edward-pressman-dead-wall-street-conan-1235493386/

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

lol He'll never get away from it will he

Everything else he's been in has either bombed or was some indie movie nobody's heard of (not counting bojack where he was basically playing jesse again). He's got nothing else.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TRON Legacy is probably one of my all-time favorite movies, but a new one starring Jared Leto without a Daft Punk score? It'll probably suck

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Lister posted:

Everything else he's been in has either bombed or was some indie movie nobody's heard of (not counting bojack where he was basically playing jesse again). He's got nothing else.

He wasn’t playing Jessie in Bojack, his character, whose name eludes me, was an asexual man with severe learning disabilities. Doesn’t sound like Jesse to me, that dude loves the P, and may have mild issues with discalculia at worst. Diffrent.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I think the Need For Speed movie tanking in the US killed Aaron Paul's big budget movie career.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

Welp, it looks like we'll all soon be folding laundry while watching movies...

https://twitter.com/joereid/status/1616157972396113932

Very surprised to see the Union Square regal close down. It was pretty much the perfect location for a theater in nyc. But I also saw most of the disney star wars films there so don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
paying rent on a huge movie theater in new york city doesnt seem like a good business proposition for anyone

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

poisonpill posted:

Who? What? Huh?

The lady with the powers of the girl from Wreck It Ralph

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the future is an endless ocean of home and work
no third places. if it can't be ordered on your phone, it's taking up space that must be filled with more home and work

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've had the Petey Wheatstraw theme stuck in my head on and off for like a week

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
baldwin? more like headfullofhairlose

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

paying rent on a huge movie theater in new york city doesnt seem like a good business proposition for anyone

The alternative is a series of cafes and bars that are the size of a hallway in-between specialty bakeries that sell cupcakes for $10 each.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Lister posted:

The alternative is a series of cafes and bars that are the size of a hallway in-between specialty bakeries that sell cupcakes for $10 each.

I see you’ve lived in San Francisco

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lister posted:

Years ago when that poo poo was even more popular, a bakery in NYC had cupcakes named after people from the Howard Stern Show. It was semi-endorsed. They talked about it on air and all that. I spent a ridiculous amount of money to have a dozen of them overnighted halfway across the country.

They were really good and I don't regret it one bit.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I've had the Petey Wheatstraw theme stuck in my head on and off for like a week

same but for like two years

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
where's the PAAAAHRT TWOOOO of the 2022 catchup

RLM two-partners are like waiting for drugs in the mail, every 30 minutes you're convincing yourself it's gotta be there by now IT'S GOTTA BE

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11OBSEZWgg&t=24s
rip carman

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He has an island sex cult.

I thought that was ezra miller?

As for baldwin....I cant look at him and think of that scene with Sharon stone, and then that song get stuck in my head.

Also the lady doing the armorer job, on the set was the daughter of some long term armorer. And not the grew up working with daddy type more like grew up not really knowing him and traded on the name for the job.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Leto has some island in the Adriatic where everyone dresses like his character in Bladerunner 2049, it's totally a place where freak poo poo goes down

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Ups_rail posted:

Half of Hollywood owns sex maniac islands. The other half has to make due with basements.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ups_rail posted:

He has a “compound” in Vermont.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He has a “compound” in Vermont.
they has a sex cult compound in vermont

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Turns out the faildaughter in the Rust case is also being charged along with Alec Baldwin. He'll walk, she's screwed.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
still absolutely pissed my dad had aregular job

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I re-watched the Scorsese film "The Aviator" tonight staring DiCaprio

I saw it when I was a kid at the movie theatre in my grandparents town of one theatre that showed one move a weekend.

Its pretty good. I think it held up. I don't know a lot about obsessive-compulsive disorder but i was interesting to see how much he accomplished while also constantly failing and dealing with some mental illness.

4/5 would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Wendigee posted:

I re-watched the Scorsese film "The Aviator" tonight staring DiCaprio

I saw it when I was a kid at the movie theatre in my grandparents town of one theatre that showed one move a weekend.

Its pretty good. I think it held up. I don't know a lot about obsessive-compulsive disorder but i was interesting to see how much he accomplished while also constantly failing and dealing with some mental illness.

4/5 would recommend.

lol at ever having been a kid