Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

War Thunder's tank battles are not fun or good. I've only ever really liked their air battles, but getting to the jets is dehumanizing and a massive paywall unless you want to play non-stop. Like it takes making GBS threads your pants levels of grinding to get to the higher tiers of aircraft in War Thunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Forging my degree in Epidemiology from the Alperin School of Medicine to prove the Fireflies couldn't have possibly engineered a cure in The Last of Us.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Look, they easily found a cure for this bioweapon I developed, it's not too different from fungal spore toxins. Hold on, someone's at my door

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Next time someone defends botw's weapon durability system I'm going to post some weapon specs that PROVE that real life steel would last longer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope BotW2 lets you at least disable the durability as a difficulty option.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I said come in! posted:

lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's time to start calling BotW2 TotK....

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do Nintendo games ever get an options menu?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They should make the weapons run out even faster. DS2 is funner with the fps glitch that destroys all your swords faster and so would Zelda. Forcing you to switch poo poo up and improvise is never a detriment. It's problem is there isn't enough different kinds of weapons. There should be Glaives, whips, flails, knuckledusters, rapiers, crossbows etc to make sure things stay fresh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Help Im Alive posted:

It's time to start calling BotW2 TotK....

No that's after the next delay.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should double down on durability and make your food spoil if you carry it too long

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

They should double down on durability and make your food spoil if you carry it too long

Yeah, and massively limit the inventory and increase the amount of extreme hot and cold areas

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
More games should have glaives

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

what if they have insects

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny 2 has glaives and a gun powered by a guy who was so angry he turned into an insect

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Pathfinder has glaives but ive yet to make a character that utilizes them

so far i made a monk and a hagwitch

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

Destiny 2 has glaives and a gun powered by a guy who was so angry he turned into an insect

slow down there son you almost made Destiny 2 sound cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Pathfinder has glaives but ive yet to make a character that utilizes them

so far i made a monk and a hagwitch

No joke I'm playing Kingmaker and using a glaive on my main guy because of this portrait

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

No joke I'm playing Kingmaker and using a glaive on my main guy because of this portrait

Newest league champ looking good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i use this one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat that's cool

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm using the Pests Glaive in Elden Ring and it just occurred to me it may be an insect glaive reference.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JollyBoyJohn posted:

slow down there son you almost made Destiny 2 sound cool

Destiny 2 owns until the exact second you step off the treadmill

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Do Nintendo games ever get an options menu?

Not really no. I think Nintendo has just very recently started adding difficulty options to their games.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I don't care about durability at all, I just hope BOTW2 has a better control scheme where I can cast different skills without having to pause the game and scroll through a linear menu.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need my games to be easy because I am a literal baby.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have been a fan of glaives ever since i was introduced to Sailor Saturn in my impressionable teen years

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

glaives were ftw in 4E because you could do some goofy minmaxing to allow you to constantly slide enemies with your attacks, and since glaives counted as an axe with reach you could AoO people within two squares of you with your at-wills and just knock 'em 8 squares away like a goalie any time they got within range

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Glaive has some fantastic legendary weapons in Kingmaker, really good weapon for many builds.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

looks more like a fauchard to me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh whoops I wasn't thinking of fauchards in Kingmaker. I kinda lump all the spears with scarier hats in a group

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the new Zelda is good, unlike BotW

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
star fox 64 had a really good hard mode

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mean sorta, Katt doesn't show up often at all

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah, and massively limit the inventory and increase the amount of extreme hot and cold areas

And slow the combat down a bunch, and make all attacks cost stamina, and make max stamina decrease over time so you have to eat to keep it up

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love my new tiny rainbow bee. happy new year everyone

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I liked Triangle Strategy for the most part, but having came from the Tactics Ogre remaster just before playing that, it doesn't compare. FFT, and TO are much better strategy RPGs.

This is absolutely wild to me because having just played tactics ogre its combat was absolutely terrible The whole time I felt like I was playing a million times worse Triangle Strategy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

This is absolutely wild to me because having just played tactics ogre its combat was absolutely terrible The whole time I felt like I was playing a million times worse Triangle Strategy.

Nah, Triangle doesn't even compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

But in what way? What is good about tactics ogres tedious plodding combat?