Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something about the art was off-putting and also it was just an incomprehensible manga for the like. 5 chapters I read. nothing made the slightest bit of sense to me. if it was set in America I'd say it was the product of a really sheltered cracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Who else is playing that Fire Emblem tomorrow

Greetings.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

P3FES is the best version of the game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dangerous Person posted:

I will be otherwise engaged

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

P3FES is the best version of the game

You misspelled P3P. FemC for life

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fluffdaddy posted:

You misspelled P3P. FemC for life

yes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

the version splits on p3 just kind of leave it in a position where the only good option would be a fully rebuilt version of the game and atlus absolutely doesn't want to spend money on that

they also didn't want to bother making persona 4 golden any less ugly so i guess they really don't care about giving any of the earlier games any, real care

There are rumors floating around that Atlus is in fact working on a full remake of Persona 3, but I guess we'll see about that

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Dangerous Person posted:

Gamestop just called to say my copy might be delayed but otherwise heck yeah I hope so

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I tried P3P and to be honest I just found myself missing the cutscenes more than I liked the ability to control the party

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Answer ftw.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m also not that interested in femc

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

femc is cool because you can hang with shinjiro, who is the best. beef stroganoff.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The femc is great and pretty much all her new social links are good, but the compromises that come with P3P are just way too much, for me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there is no best version of persona 3 because all of them suck in a different way and theyre never going to make an ultimate edition that unifies them. the greatest tragedy of p3

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I tried P3P and to be honest I just found myself missing the cutscenes more than I liked the ability to control the party

Namtab posted:

:hai:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

The femc is great and pretty much all her new social links are good, but the compromises that come with P3P are just way too much, for me.

We should kill whoever decided Ken needed a romance option though

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

homeless snail posted:

there is no best version of persona 3 because all of them suck in a different way and theyre never going to make an ultimate edition that unifies them. the greatest tragedy of p3

There is and it’s called FES

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

We should kill whoever decided Ken needed a romance option though

Lets do it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m going to tear their nutsack off

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Unless Atlus gets an entire new team for the Persona games I think I'd rather spend my energy hoping for a new Blue Reflection game to continue the adventures of Ao (just send Sun to the trash though)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

She died for you :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You can't run around town with your hands inside your pockets anymore why bother

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

She died for you :smith:

Nah that was canonically MC according to the lore of the answer and the fighting game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Canon is for dorks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arist posted:

Canon is for dorks

I prefer polaroid

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Unless Atlus gets an entire new team for the Persona games I think I'd rather spend my energy hoping for a new Blue Reflection game to continue the adventures of Ao (just send Sun to the trash though)

they've dumped the director, right? wasn't he responsible for a lot of the regressive poo poo or was he just a convenient scapegoat

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nah his team that made P5 have had a fantasy rpg in development since like 2017 dunno what happened to that but hes presumably still there. there was talk that they'd pass the reins to younger staff for persona 6 but who knows if theyre even making that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

They definitely need to dump the guy who is incapable of believing that girls and boys can be friends without loving if they already haven't

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Katsura Hashino is still at Atlus, if that's what you mean. He's working on a game that has been in production for the entire lifespan of the Earth.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

They definitely need to dump the guy who is incapable of believing that girls and boys can be friends without loving if they already haven't

tbf that's one of the things about persona that actually quickly changed so I don't like having that trotted out all the time compared to more consistent stuff like awkward and boring plotting or telling soejima to make every female character cuter being his main design input

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They hate him for telling the truth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

Katsura Hashino is still at Atlus, if that's what you mean. He's working on a game that has been in production for the entire lifespan of the Earth.

Yeah, and we really don't know who's replacing him yet for P6/P3Remake/P5-2

Also my issue with Hashino is how the last two Persona games loved to make a big deal about how society sucks and how we should fight back against it but then it turns around and goes "well if we live in a society and we like it that's okay too"

also stop making characters who want to grow up to be cops

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Chie is the best girl tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Make a cop who decides cops suck

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Shinjobi posted:

Make a cop who decides cops suck

They did.

He's in P5:Strikers.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heading out to go see the slime.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i'm watching not one, but two isek*i anime this season
you either die a hero or live enough to see yourself become the villain

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not only am I gonna go out and see the slime isekai but I'll also catch the SAO movie next month since I make it a habit to go out and see anime movies if they're playing at my local theater.

This makes me braver than the troops and I hope everyone thanks me for my sacrifice.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

Not only am I gonna go out and see the slime isekai but I'll also catch the SAO movie next month since I make it a habit to go out and see anime movies if they're playing at my local theater.

This makes me braver than the troops and I hope everyone thanks me for my sacrifice.

thank you for your service. my friends have a secret viewing time for the slime movie because one of them gets very upset if i go to anime movies without watching the show first for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Namtab posted:

Chie is the best girl tho

it's marie, the humble weather lady. but i respect your opinion as well