Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vitamean posted:

my goal last night was to find a use for the comic panels border which came out okay, but it's probably the worst one in general

I'm late here but I was able to do something with Meteodrive's animation!

Also tried to make a King of Fighters glam(Vice/King), a shame I can't dye the sleeves of my shirt and the vest on top of it separately. Like it anyway, love it when pieces that aren't part of the same set match perfectly. Also these level 70 tonfas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1616043333939240961

we defeated that creature

(honestly, kinda cute)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah I like that advert!

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Got into StB endgame on my alt, so finally he can have better glam in his two classes.

The tigerskin coat is so good it makes me kinda sad that the fending version dyes terribly and I don't really enjoy playing either maiming job.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah I like that advert!

It's spelled Ardbert

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vermain posted:

The only remaining janky dungeon in the basic 1-49 pack is Aurum Vale, really. I suppose Cutter's Cry is maybe a little weird with some of the rooms past the first boss, but Aurum's the only one where not getting overwhelmed by patrols or dragged by frogs into hell is a major mechanic.

GIVE COINCOUNTER HIS UNTELEGRAPHED AOES BACK QUOTE IF YOU'RE DOWN

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

no.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I didn't really understand what was happening in that dungeon so I just killed everything.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Macaluso posted:

It's spelled Ardbert

here on the source we spell it arbert

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vitamean posted:

here on the source we spell it arbert

It's spelled Arby's

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Vermain posted:

The only remaining janky dungeon in the basic 1-49 pack is Aurum Vale, really. I suppose Cutter's Cry is maybe a little weird with some of the rooms past the first boss, but Aurum's the only one where not getting overwhelmed by patrols or dragged by frogs into hell is a major mechanic.

i'm going to log on and hope i get this dung again

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Slider posted:

i'm going to log on and hope i get this dung again

Run it with your squadron for extra spice!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Toto-Rak could use an actual overhaul but they did at least visually polish it up and remove the heavy status from all the goo so it's at least marginally more tolerable these days.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Some of my portraits have my mouth open or closed when I'm editing and saving, but then when I actually display em in dungeon or in adventurer plate it's the opposite. Square why

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Good luck fellow house seekers

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

World War Mammories posted:

GIVE COINCOUNTER HIS UNTELEGRAPHED AOES BACK QUOTE IF YOU'RE DOWN

:yeah:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh wow thanks for the reminder

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

Some of my portraits have my mouth open or closed when I'm editing and saving, but then when I actually display em in dungeon or in adventurer plate it's the opposite. Square why

My guess would be that they're emotes with facial movement that override/get overridden by separately selected facial emotions. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some weird conflict there.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm playing through the 6.3 content atm and there was a line where someone acknowledged I was an expert Class X, while I was currently Class Y. Has that happened before because I don't remember them recognizing non-active classes in those little lines before.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Pwnstar posted:

I'm playing through the 6.3 content atm and there was a line where someone acknowledged I was an expert Class X, while I was currently Class Y. Has that happened before because I don't remember them recognizing non-active classes in those little lines before.

Yes, in the EW MSQ, and it was the same class both times (at least for me).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Portraits are half assed bullshit and should be removed from the game until they make them work properly :colbert:

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

As far as side content, basically anytime another questline takes you through the Thaumaturge Guild (of which there are many, both side stories and other Job Quests), Yayake recognizes you if you're a Thaumaturge as well no matter what job you're on.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

Oh wow thanks for the reminder

Sure thing

Already seeing some places with 3 bids, near aetherites. So far on the most part excal people seem to be really wanting to be the only one per plot, which if it holds up works great. Hope my plot doesn't get hit by last minute panic bidding

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I remember as far back as Stormblood Yugiri would compliment you on your ninja skills of "not wearing a ninja uniform" when you're infiltrating that village even if you weren't on Ninja.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm pretty sure HW does it with DRG, right? Obviously when on the Job, but I think it does when you're not, too.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, there's definitely modified HW dialogue based on whether you've leveled DRG or not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Macaluso posted:

Portraits are half assed bullshit and should be removed from the game until they make them work properly :colbert:

They're fine. Need more work but it's just cute as it is now.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Should I bother with sending out squadron missions? So far I've sent out a lot of retainer missions and they mostly just bring back garbage.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Should I bother with sending out squadron missions? So far I've sent out a lot of retainer missions and they mostly just bring back garbage.

Squadrons have their own little system where you level them up to rank up in your GC and unlock new things to buy like the Squat emote, etc.

So yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Onean posted:

I'm pretty sure HW does it with DRG, right? Obviously when on the Job, but I think it does when you're not, too.

Every time someone says "great, we have the Azure Dragoon to help!" he replies "you already had one, but yes I'm here too." It did a lot to endear him to me after the ARR job quests were one of my least favorite. Not in the same way as the bad ones, it just didn't vibe with me at all, in part because I did the first half in the middle of burning out on the game and the second half years later when I came back.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 20, 2023

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Was kinda shocked to see 1-3 bids on the shiro medium across the new wards I want but hell yeah same

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It was incredibly funny having that little kid from the WHM questline popup in MSQ and say "it should be a relief to have such a talented White Mage out on the field" even though I stopped that questline at 40.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Veev posted:

I remember as far back as Stormblood Yugiri would compliment you on your ninja skills of "not wearing a ninja uniform" when you're infiltrating that village even if you weren't on Ninja.

I felt that was a nice touch, because my Ninja glams at the time were about blending in as normal citizens would dress (Which is difficult when all the loving Yanxian/Hingashi apparel is level 70+ DoH-exclusive except for a single Gold Saucer piece), and wondered if she'd have said something different if I was in my NIN artifact armor. I presume they wouldn't go to the trouble of marking everything of ninja theme (CT Fuma pieces, Rainbow Scouting, etc) as ninja apparel for the sake of a single throwaway line, but I think a check of "Is player wearing artifact armor for this class unglamoured" would be doable.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I really ought to make a "crappy low-level ARR gear and plain knives" Confused Peasant NIN glam one of these days

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dareon posted:

I felt that was a nice touch, because my Ninja glams at the time were about blending in as normal citizens would dress (Which is difficult when all the loving Yanxian/Hingashi apparel is level 70+ DoH-exclusive except for a single Gold Saucer piece)

Right before 6.2 with Concept Matrix you could freeze values of the look of equipment you had on, so if you changed it and froze it and went in a cutscene it would stick I went through the Stormblood Hildebrand using NPC gear as a glam and it fit so well. Too bad you can't freeze values anymore :(

They really do need to give us some of those glams

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 20, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Macaluso posted:

works on my machine

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If they are bullshit then like... Just ignore them? I don't care about them at all and whether they "work" or not has zero impact on anything.

I turned my guy sideways and put on a fat chocobo head and called it job done.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

If they are bullshit then like... Just ignore them? I don't care about them at all and whether they "work" or not has zero impact on anything.

I turned my guy sideways and put on a fat chocobo head and called it job done.

Ignore them, and look unfashionable!? You clearly don't know this game well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

Ignore them, and look unfashionable!? You clearly don't know this game well enough.

I'm not really in it for the fashion dress up aspect personally, as sacrilegious as that may be. I think I'm wearing metal armor with leopard print sleeves.

I occasionally stop and admire a nice outfit or mount for a second, but I don't derive much if any enjoyment from that aspect, aside from occasionally trying to look as ridiculous as possible.

No disrespect towards people who do though. My wife went immediately to the cash shop for pretty dresses. It's a valid play style, and honestly I wish I got into it the way people seem to.