Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

A 60-hp Peugeot can do a burnout.

My 120hp one would do 2 burnouts at once! After I had a quaiff LSD fitted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

What people care about is that the number being marketed to them is bigger then what other people have, and absolutely is bigger than there imagined worse case needs. Do they need it? No. Will they miss it? No. Do they get convinced that they need it? Absolutely. It doesn't really even matter what it is; range, acceleration, pixel density, frame rate, polling rate, whatever.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Am starting to see signs that Polestar prices are coming down slightly after Tesla's cuts

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It's actually impossible to tell the difference between a 100hp car and a 1000hp car.

cruft posted:

It only says "burnout noises". It's probably a cassette tape the driver owns: "burnout noises (30m)".

Dude's burning oil pretty badly though. I'm worried there might be a crack in the engine.

There's a secret way to do a burnout in a corvette https://youtu.be/oebzAIZEfxQ

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Hi-yun-dee-yay

Their campaign was pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY-5dn3t4xM

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
That’s still, to this day, how I recall to pronounce it correctly.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The funny part is it's not "hun-day" in Korean.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

WhiteHowler posted:

The funny part is it's not "hun-day" in Korean.
Hun-day is a lot closer to the Korean pronunciation than the one the Brits use, though.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Is this the one foreign word Americans have decided they pronounce well?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Elviscat posted:

It's actually impossible to tell the difference between a 100hp car and a 1000hp car.

The most expensive burnout.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

My 120hp one would do 2 burnouts at once! After I had a quaiff LSD fitted.

Nice, mudflaps going pppfffftttt!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Stellantis has started their youtuber media campaign on the jeep avenger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGgHGiYBBU

Plus many other channels.

Same color as mine

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

e: deleted. I tried to mud wrestle with a pig, then realized that's not a good idea.

cruft fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 20, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Am I just being foolish to cringe when the camera operator walks 2 feet in front of a car trying to spin its wheels as fast as possible?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does the Bolt still qualify for EV credits? I may be in the market for something new since the used market is still insanely inflated and if I do end up buying new then the cheaper electrics are on the table for me. My daily commute will probably push the range on the Bolt in less than ideal conditions but I do have backup options for the days where it's 4 below and snowing if those proved to be a bit much. It would mainly be competing against the Corolla Hybrid or Prius and even if there's a bit of a price difference I absolutely drive enough to make it up in gas savings.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 20, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yep- the Bolt is in for the tax rebate

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yep- the Bolt is in for the tax rebate

Thanks. It was more difficult to google that I thought it would be.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

fknlo posted:

Thanks. It was more difficult to google that I thought it would be.

It's the full $7500 tax credit from now until the IRS defines battery sourcing requirements (they're saying March). After that it will be $3750 plus whatever percentage the government decides is appropriate for the battery.

If you custom order one and get a bill of sale, you should be eligible for the full $7500 credit even if you don't take possession of the car until after the new battery rules go into effect.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Isn't the relevant date for the credit the date the vehicle was placed in service? Getting a bill of sale for something that hasn't actually been sold yet also seems sus.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

bird with big dick posted:

Isn't the relevant date for the credit the date the vehicle was placed in service? Getting a bill of sale for something that hasn't actually been sold yet also seems sus.

Everything I could find said that if you have a written agreement to buy, including just making a deposit, that date is valid for the purposes of this specific tax credit. This was also the case during the transition period last year -- if you already had an order/deposit before the new rules took hold (like on a Korean car that is now ineligible), you got grandfathered under the old rules.

I mean, check with an accountant rather than blindly trusting some guy on a dead comedy forum, obviously.

For what it's worth, I did get a bill of sale when I pre-ordered my Bolt. There's no VIN obviously, since the car doesn't exist yet, but it's a regular-rear end itemized bill of sale.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

It's important to remember Tesla is directly targeting the Weird Nerds segment and the overwhelming majority of people don't care about 0-60 times or trap speeds.

Someone else at work has bought a Taycan apparently, though unforgivably hosed up their spec by keeping the silver window trim and tiny 19" wheels. I like the colour though.

Also some true Porsche parking going on there

The red one looks way better than the black one. More cars need colorful paint, chrome details and small wheels with beefy tires. I am completely sick of this blackout everything and put it on hot wheels rimzz trend.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Love a good delmonico red

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Sagebrush posted:

The red one looks way better than the black one. More cars need colorful paint, chrome details and small wheels with beefy tires. I am completely sick of this blackout everything and put it on hot wheels rimzz trend.

During the 2010's it was basically impossible to buy most cars in anything other than white, black, middle gray, more gray, or less gray. If you were super lucky there miiiiight be a boring muted red, or maybe a grayish green-blue.

I'm just happy we're starting to see actual colors again. The EV designs seem to be taking more chances both with styling and colors. When I ordered my Bolt I was really torn between the sky blue, the red, and the bright-rear end blue.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

I think they both look cool in different ways.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The blacked out trim looks amazing on some colors like the black one, not sure it would look as good against the red.

I agree that we need more colors for cars, Porsche actually has a long history of making some real bold colors available, not to mention paint to sample. Gimme a viper green Taycan wagon.

It also still staggers me that 19” is the ‘small’ wheel option, modern active suspension helps with the ride but drat where did sidewalls go? I’m definitely a soft old man.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
There is still a relatively large amount of sidewall there on those - the tyres are something ridiculous like 275/45.

It’s upper trim Corollas and Golfs that have real rubber bands

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler posted:

It's the full $7500 tax credit from now until the IRS defines battery sourcing requirements (they're saying March). After that it will be $3750 plus whatever percentage the government decides is appropriate for the battery.

If you custom order one and get a bill of sale, you should be eligible for the full $7500 credit even if you don't take possession of the car until after the new battery rules go into effect.

Honestly, even the lower credit puts it in the same price range as the corolla so I'm becoming even more interested. I've seen a few people that have a similar commute to me and can make it in winter just fine too. I need to figure out what we're paying for electricity.

Anyone here with a Bolt or Bolt EUV? The EUV with super cruise is kind of tempting and would be in my spending range with the full credit. I don't need it by any means though.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I had to Google what trap speed was and the first result was a Camaro forum littered with ads about adult depression

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

fknlo posted:

Honestly, even the lower credit puts it in the same price range as the corolla so I'm becoming even more interested. I've seen a few people that have a similar commute to me and can make it in winter just fine too. I need to figure out what we're paying for electricity.

Anyone here with a Bolt or Bolt EUV? The EUV with super cruise is kind of tempting and would be in my spending range with the full credit. I don't need it by any means though.

Several of us here have a Bolt or Bolt EUV. Between me and my father, we're about to have both.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I have a Bolt EUV I bought earlier this month. I really enjoy it and for like 25k out the door i really can't complain. Most of my driving is within 10 to 20 miles of my house so it's perfect for that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I had to Google what trap speed was and the first result was a Camaro forum littered with ads about adult depression

You know those ads are tailored to you right like I just went to the same page and got ads for bird food and magnum sized condoms.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

fknlo posted:

Make sure to check your state for incentives. Here in NJ they’ll reimburse 2-4K for most models.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I heard a crunch coming home from work last night, turns out my Leaf lost a hubcap :(

Worst problem to happen in 60k miles. I think the car would look nice with some subdued black alloy wheels.

Sagebrush posted:

Absolutely, I feel like this applies to the goofier looking EVs even more, like the Bolt looks like garbage in white, and is just bland in dark grey, but the red and dark blue are really nice, and the light blue is awesome. Tesla's red looks fantastic on the Model 3, and it's a shame it's so rare.

fknlo posted:

Also have a Bolt, for me the 2LT with premium sound and adaptive cruise (comes as a package) was the sweet spot. Awesome little car, great range and features for the price, seats don't suck anymore, biggest downside is abysmal DCFC speed

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Someone informed did a good write-up somewhere... maybe it was YOSPOS, but in addition to it being trendy for big diameter rims, safety legislation also drives some aspects of car design to eg have higher beltlines which then makes bigger wheel arches fit in the design which then -> bigger rims.

In the Taycan the 19" ones do look bit lost when you view in profile and the 20 is the sweet spot. I have 21" summer rims which to be honest is a bit too far.

The polished silver window surround goes well with some colours, but is also then the only bit of silver on the car and looks a bit out of place.

It wasn't an option when I ordered mine but you can get a huge range of colours... if you pay 10k. Here's Gulf Blue

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

Someone informed did a good write-up somewhere... maybe it was YOSPOS,
I can smell a Sagebrush post ten miles away

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Sagebrush posted:

:yeah: Agreed 100%.

Some of the reasons I would find it extremely difficult to give up or "upgrade" my 2020 Tesla model 3 performance in blue is because it has the chrome trim and 18" wheels. I think for the most part other than white all the Tesla colors look better with chrome trim and silver rims to contrast the body color vs black trim/wheels. Red is passable with the black trim, but it still looks better with the chrome outline. Black with black trim and wheels (and how some people tint the windows on top of it) just turns the vehicle into a formless shadow or blob.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

^^^Oh yeah, I also think Tesla's paint quality kinda sucks, because there's like 5 black ones at work, and this time of year they're all an unappealing grey, like the road grime just doesn't wash off the paint well. Other black cars of a similar vintage don't seem to be nearly as bad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tesla paint colors look extremely basic and flat. Like they cranked the RGB value to 255 0 0 and 0 0 255 to get red and blue.

I’d love to get something in forest green. I think Audis are the only cars I see in that color.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I mean a vinyl wrap can be done for any car to change it's color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

...or other things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!