Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Teslagrad 2 announced it will have a demo during Steam Next Fest in February

i've tried to check to see what demos are queued for that time period but there's kinda nothing at the moment, nothing notable. a lot may be hidden or just not queued up yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

also Secrets of Grindea is nearly finished. the devs are working on the final boss battle currently

I added this to my wishlist christmas 2015 lmao

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lets hang out posted:

This seems to be messing up with transferring existing saves to their new location so if you're in the middle of the game you might lose progress. Might be caused by the update instead of the dlc, I dunno. They're working on it, probably.

You also can't select the new slugcats campaigns until you've completed the game as either the base white or yellow one, although you can just unlock all of them from the new accessibility/cheats menu if you want.

Also if youre using a currency other than like USDs or euros you might hold off on the dlc, regional pricing is real jacked up. They're working on that too.
has the original campaign been changed much, or maybe the original slugcats themselves? (controls, mechanics, whatever else)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

TOOT BOOT posted:

What's your connection to the router like? It's possible for your local network to be a bottleneck.

Connection is grand, connected via ethernet to a wifi extender on wifi 6. As i said, speedtest gives me near max speed. It's just steam that seems to throttle things.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

using hitbox's SOCD to force Neutral for a split second faster than a thumbstick can snap back to Neutral is really cool but also never comes up in the skill levels I play at (casual, no clue what I'm or anybody else is doing)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Every time you guys mention Forspoken I misread it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

has the original campaign been changed much, or maybe the original slugcats themselves? (controls, mechanics, whatever else)

I don't know, doesn't seem like it but all the pre-release stuff has focused on the new characters. There are some new/modified rooms, bug fixes, loading screen tips, and more tutorial popups around, but I haven't heard of any substantial changes to the 3 existing characters.

Think all of the new regions/creatures are exclusive to the new slugcats campaigns. I've only seen bits of a couple of them. They start in the original world, maybe with some changes due to when they occur in the timeline (yes, there is a timeline), and you're free to piddle around there with their unique abilities, but they each conclude their respective campaigns in huge new locations specific to them. They're gorgeous, extremely high effort, and there's basically nothing of them in the trailers. It's wild.

They've patched the save transfer bug now btw

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Hey what's a good Survivors game? I liked Vampire Survivors a lot and just played through Soulstone Survivors. I gave Brotato a shot and I like it but it doesn't have enough meta progression for me.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

credburn posted:

Every time you guys mention Forspoken I misread it

Thank you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

credburn posted:

Hey what's a good Survivors game? I liked Vampire Survivors a lot and just played through Soulstone Survivors. I gave Brotato a shot and I like it but it doesn't have enough meta progression for me.

Army of Ruin with turbo mode on. Though check out the VS thread bc there’s a new “best” of those every week

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

credburn posted:

does Nova Drift count

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Magic Survival is very fun, but unfortunately it's only on Android. If you wanna survive away from the computer that's a good bet though.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I like Nomad Survival okay. I think that's its name anyway, these goddamn games.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Return to Abyss is the latest hot one.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

I don't know, doesn't seem like it but all the pre-release stuff has focused on the new characters. There are some new/modified rooms, bug fixes, loading screen tips, and more tutorial popups around, but I haven't heard of any substantial changes to the 3 existing characters.

Think all of the new regions/creatures are exclusive to the new slugcats campaigns. I've only seen bits of a couple of them. They start in the original world, maybe with some changes due to when they occur in the timeline (yes, there is a timeline), and you're free to piddle around there with their unique abilities, but they each conclude their respective campaigns in huge new locations specific to them. They're gorgeous, extremely high effort, and there's basically nothing of them in the trailers. It's wild.

neat. i never beat the game before, i got super frustrated and quit at one point i was trying to get through an area that was all ceiling hangings

also i find the extremely limited fast travel to be really irritating

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

credburn posted:

You can play the game that Vampire Survivors ripped off if you have an android phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vkslrzm.Zombie&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1

e:f;b

Black Griffon posted:

Magic Survival is very fun, but unfortunately it's only on Android. If you wanna survive away from the computer that's a good bet though.

I've always been kinda sad that VS got as popular as it did when it literally just lifted all its ability designs and etc. from this game. It has developed in a different direction but it was a straight clone when it blew up.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 20, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
It's not altogether unlike older games like, say, Crimsonland comes to mind. Like a Crimsonland but you don't have to aim.

You know what I love about Crimsonland? The guts and bodies stay there. Give me more games where they don't fizzle away. I want to see the destruction I cause!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lets hang out posted:

That sounds amazing. I loved Rain World back in the day but I am legit unsure if I have the emotional strength to revisit it, but I'll definitely be grabbing the expansion down the line.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well continuing my streak of playing any possible games besides the ones i picked up for christmas, i played through the chorvs demo. the dogfighting is extremely my poo poo, but i can tell the "story" is going to annoy the poo poo out of me if i ever pick up the full game.

my one major request is the UI guy who decided that enemy and mission objectives should both be marked with the same shade of translucent gray hud marker, just a diamond for one and a triangle for the other, that are extremely easy to lose sight of when there's a load of lasers and poo poo blowing up on screen, should eat a big piece of dookie.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've always been kinda sad that VS got as popular as it did when it literally just lifted all its ability designs and etc. from this game. It has developed in a different direction but it was a straight clone when it blew up.

Oh gently caress I didn't even realize. I knew I'd played Magic Survival before I picked it up again a few days ago, but it didn't click for me that it was so long ago VS came out after that.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I only know that because I played Magic Survival despite almost never playing phone games and got kind of addicted to it for a while but no one I mentioned it to wanted to play it because "you don't even aim!!", then right around the time I was getting burned out with it VS came out :v:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Neat, I enjoy massive fan projects like Nehrim, Enderal, etc.

https://youtu.be/Od2szAvNVxc

I hope I remember to check it out in 2025

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Oblivion was probably the greatest hype-to-disappointment plunge I've ever felt.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
It feels like I've been waiting for skyblivion since 2011 when skyrim came out. Dunno if development started then but it feels like it.

Also been waiting for skywind and morrowblivion. Don't think any of them ever came out. Guess rebuilding entire giant games is a huge task or something

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Big fan projects like that rarely ever make it to the finish line, for obvious reasons. A passion project between a small team of like minded people with no budget or direction is admirable but prone to failure.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm 1h50m into finally trying out obra dinn and i'm 90% sure i've completely bounced off of it

its making me feel like a complete dumbshit inobservant idiot by telling me I can ID a guy with what i've seen, and i absolutely cannot

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 20, 2023

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
If you're at the 2 hours mark and you don't like it, or anything else for that matter, just refund the thing.

I personally felt it was amazing and worthy of being a thread favorite, but if it doesn't click it doesn't click, don't suffer through games you don't enjoy.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

otoh there were plenty of times when I apparently had the info to ID someone but didn't actually have the faintest clue; I don't think that's at all an "incorrect" experience to have. You learn how to see the info you were missing and then you can go back and fill in the blanks. It's also okay to just never figure a few things out, because you can "cheat" by using process of elimination (exploiting the fact that it will confirm when you have 3 correct entries filled out).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a few tricks i had to learn from others. for one, if someone is in one scene but gone in a consecutive scene, they probably fell overboard and drowned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those fuckin' shoes, though.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Obra Dinn confirmed that I would make a terrible detective. The guy who gave me the book was so disappointed in my work that he straight up died.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Obra Dinn confirmed that I would make a terrible detective. The guy who gave me the book was so disappointed in my work that he straight up died.

the fact that you believed that just proves you were a terrible detective, it was the final test

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

well continuing my streak of playing any possible games besides the ones i picked up for christmas, i played through the chorvs demo. the dogfighting is extremely my poo poo, but i can tell the "story" is going to annoy the poo poo out of me if i ever pick up the full game.

my one major request is the UI guy who decided that enemy and mission objectives should both be marked with the same shade of translucent gray hud marker, just a diamond for one and a triangle for the other, that are extremely easy to lose sight of when there's a load of lasers and poo poo blowing up on screen, should eat a big piece of dookie.

I just beat Chorvs yesterday, and objectives are marked in red or yellow in the full game at least. I didn't have any problems figuring out what to do or where the enemies are.

Game's fun! It has a great sense of progression as you go from prolonged dogfights with a few basic enemy ships to taking out entire squads in a blink of an eye. When you're asked to do something that isn't blowing stuff up, it's boring though. Like "pick up 5 boxes scattered about" boring. The story is....there. The core gameplay slaps and was fun enough to see me through it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ragequit posted:

Neat, I enjoy massive fan projects like Nehrim, Enderal, etc.

https://youtu.be/Od2szAvNVxc

I hope I remember to check it out in 2025

The graphics style somehow seems worse than vanilla Skyrim, though.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
They are being authentic to the early 2000s overuse of bloom.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

credburn posted:

Oblivion was probably the greatest hype-to-disappointment plunge I've ever felt.

Coming to the game predisposed to over a decade's worth of negativity, I had the opposite reaction to Oblivion a few years ago. Not that it didn't have a billion issues, but there was a lot to like, and I think Skyrim was a regression in some respects even. (Undeniably, though, mods let me ignore some of the rougher edges.)

Runs kinda crap though. It could really do with an engine update.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 20, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
One mod let me tame a pet mimic

I had to feed it gold to keep it from getting grumpy

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ciaphas posted:

i'm 1h50m into finally trying out obra dinn and i'm 90% sure i've completely bounced off of it

its making me feel like a complete dumbshit inobservant idiot by telling me I can ID a guy with what i've seen, and i absolutely cannot
A character getting unblurred just means it's technically possible to ID someone at that point, not that it's reasonable to do it. It can mean anything from "you missed an obvious clue" to "there's literally nothing that IDs this person specifically but now you technically have the evidence to ID someone else and use the process of elimination to ID a second person, and only THEN you can eliminate a third guy and ID this person." You're not a dumbshit.

To be honest, I feel like the blur/unblur feature was meant to tell you the times when you can't ID someone, not to make you think that you have to ID this person now because the game says you technically can. There are plenty of characters where it's very reasonable and normal to not ID them until long after the game unblurs them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For one of the biggest ones that made me feel really dumb, since the game unblurs them really early: (job) the helmsman is possible simply because (reason) the sketch you have from the beginning shows him at the wheel at the execution, and the crew manifest says there's only one helmsman onboard. That's literally how it expects you to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Sh! Don't click those spoilers! Shame, SHAME.