Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kalli posted:

RIP David Crosby

T-Square posted:

Well TFF Chat Thread, I come bearing sad news of another streak broken

After three long years I finally got the ‘vid :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

And oh yeah, woke up feeling sick on Monday morning, negative tests all week, finally tested C+ today. It's my second time and thankfully not nearly as rear end-kicking as my first time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

T-Square posted:

Well TFF Chat Thread, I come bearing sad news of another streak broken

After three long years I finally got the ‘vid :mad:

I tell people I've never had it but I fully believe I have had it once, back in Feb 2020

The way I get my rear end kicked from boosters makes me believe this to be true

I hope you feel better soon my dude

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kalli posted:

RIP David Crosby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n39897a9hNk

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

RIP David Crosby

drat, guess I’m going to listen to CSNY tonight. I was curious and I found out his son via sperm donation to Melissa Etheridge died from overdose in 2020, so that’s loving sad.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I tell people I've never had it but I fully believe I have had it once, back in Feb 2020

I thought I had it Dec 2021 but a clinic PCR and home rapid both tested negative so :shrug:

I think I’m past the worst of it already so I guess I have boosters to thank, currently eating some fresh made matzo ball soup the girlfriend made and just dropped off at the bottom of the stairs for me

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've had it three (possibly four) times and I'm a vaccinated hermit.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It took my 3rd PCR this week to show positive

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

I thought I had it Dec 2021 but a clinic PCR and home rapid both tested negative so :shrug:

I think I’m past the worst of it already so I guess I have boosters to thank, currently eating some fresh made matzo ball soup the girlfriend made and just dropped off at the bottom of the stairs for me

I swear it went through my house earlier in 2022, but all tests were negative.

My pneumonia diagnosis today though, that's positive!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

You may actually have too much water pressure. If it's above 80psi, you need a regulator on your supply or it'll rapidly erode all the valve seals (faucets, etc) in your house. Excessive water pressure is common in new homes where the builder didn't bother to test after water was turned on and install appropriate equipment if needed.
One place I lived was very close to the water tower that provided water pressure to the city water in the area. They increased the pressure without informing the people in the area and several hot water heaters got ruined.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My sister in law swears the same thing, in the same time frame. Got absolutely bodied by a flu in a way that had never happened to her before.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My LG TROMM washer is giving out and combined with my dryer also not working well I may have to get them repaired. Not bad for being 16 years old.

Also finally watched that 1st episode of The Last of Us. I haven't been payed the game but I watched the beginning part and I know how it ends. Either way I'm enjoying it!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Rogue Elephant posted:

My sister in law swears the same thing, in the same time frame. Got absolutely bodied by a flu in a way that had never happened to her before.

Same thing happened to me and my wife after coming back from northern Japan in late January 2020. Worst flu I've had in my life.

But I didn't get the horrific lung fluid drowning feel that I did when I think I got Covid in early 2021.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Every single person who got sick in late 2019 thinks they were some sort of Covid patient zero, which is then often followed up with "I don't need to get vaccinated, I already had it", at least from my experience. If it was actually prevalent it would have spread rapidly around the US then, and not in March.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 20, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rogue Elephant posted:

Same thing happened to my stepdaughter in January 2020, a couple weeks after we had hot pot at a place in Houston's Chinatown.

In retrospect, going to a place that would have a greater probability of folks traveling to and from China, knowing a new virus had been seen in China and was inevitable to arrive here, was dumb as poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I got knocked on my rear end by something late January-early February 2020 about a week after working a career fair booth at LSU and shaking a million hands and flying thought IAH twice.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I got really badly sick right before Christmas 2019, but assume it was just the usual flu/cold/whatever that goes through offices/call centers all the time and got like 12 people sick over a 2-3 week span just in our team’s little area. poo poo did linger with me for a while and I highly doubt it was COVID, but a few months later when everything really blew up and suddenly were working from home indefinitely, everyone from work was making semi-nervous jokes about it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

People vastly underestimate how bad actual colds are because they associate any sinusitis or seasonal allergies with colds. So when they actually get a viral cold they think they’ve got the flu. Then when they get the flu they think they’re dying. And sometimes they’re right.

I attribute this to poor science literacy and healthcare access.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Freaquency posted:

This new house we moved into has much, much better water pressure than our old apartment. I installed our bidet last night and this morning, well:

https://youtu.be/YlacOX68OME

They sell adapters for this. I have one on mine. I have it basically shut so that I can have full pressure to the toilet still but very limited pressure to the bidet. Here's the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPYIK6M/

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah January 2020 flu wrecked my warehouse of 100 people at the time, patient zero had just gotten back from a vacation to see her family in Argentina. Mine developed into walking pneumonia

Also quit that job at the start of the lockdown, wife was 6 months prego and I got the call that they had gotten the bullshit “essential” pass (manufacturing warehouse that made specialized wheelchairs) told them I wouldn’t be coming in for the foreseeable future. The other insanely stressful part was having a kid in May 2020. Hospital was on full lockdown measures and just eerily empty and quiet

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 20, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My cousin posted an Instagram story about finally learning to spell "hors d'oeuvres" lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Caught up with the Last of Us pilot last night and found it pretty limp. I understand that there's a lot of worldbuilding to get out of the way in that first episode, but boy am I not invested in these characters right now (and that's coming from someone with a lot of affection for the game). Maybe things will pick up once they get on the road, but everything happening in Boston is very "what if Children of Men but looks much cheap and writing bad".

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My first real existential dread panic attack was watching Children of Men while waaaaaay to high

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I haven't played one minute of the videogame and I greatly enjoyed the first episode.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a sexual elk posted:

My first real existential dread panic attack was watching Children of Men while waaaaaay to high

Mine was watching THE ABYSS at age 13! That was literally the movie my neighbor bud and I picked for our first time getting high. I remember my neck and jaw muscles were hurting for days from being clenched for like 3 hours

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Well I'm happy I saw the tweet saying people who didn't watch Boba Fett would be confused about something in the Mandalorian previews. We've watched episodes 5 and 6 of Boba Fett, and they really are just bonus Mando. Could not care less about what's happening on Tattoine other than Amy Sedaris.

Also, wtf, Luke, just let him have both.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GD_American posted:

I haven't played one minute of the videogame and I greatly enjoyed the first episode.

Same but also now I want to play the game so I'm reluctant to keep watching until then :lol:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The movie that most recently (and unexpectedly) hosed me up was Don't Look Up. I think if you had swapped out JLaw and Leo for two more comedic actors it would have come and gone as a "Idiocracy-esque" movie. The fact they played it so straight and so well had a huge impact. The ending really stuck with me for a while and gave me this nihlist view for a long time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Well I'm happy I saw the tweet saying people who didn't watch Boba Fett would be confused about something in the Mandalorian previews. We've watched episodes 5 and 6 of Boba Fett, and they really are just bonus Mando. Could not care less about what's happening on Tattoine other than Amy Sedaris.

Also, wtf, Luke, just let him have both.

No you see the Jedi have to commit to a life of asceticism for reasons and letting the kid have things like friends is bad (please ignore that they basically got wiped out the first time because of this exact bullshit)

Jedi continue to be the most annoying part of Star Wars, somehow

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

The movie that most recently (and unexpectedly) hosed me up was Don't Look Up. I think if you had swapped out JLaw and Leo for two more comedic actors it would have come and gone as a "Idiocracy-esque" movie. The fact they played it so straight and so well had a huge impact. The ending really stuck with me for a while and gave me this nihlist view for a long time.

syq

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

ngl I thought of you when they did that joke about the head of NASA being an anesthesiologist.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

No you see the Jedi have to commit to a life of asceticism for reasons and letting the kid have things like friends is bad (please ignore that they basically got wiped out the first time because of this exact bullshit)

Jedi continue to be the most annoying part of Star Wars, somehow

You must live an ascetic life. Please ignore the fact the only reason we're even having this conversation is because I'm nostalgic for my old friend who died.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

ngl I thought of you when they did that joke about the head of NASA being an anesthesiologist.

I could do it!!! I jave a degree in physics and almost all patient safety procedures were developed alongside NASA and the FAA.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ever seen a six pound toad?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1616245183837872128

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Yeah this one really got me too. They got a little goofball with some characters like Jonah Hill, but the overall exasperation of Lawrence and Leo hit me like a sledgehammer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's really amazing how well that movie captured trying to talk to a liberal with power.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I did like the part where the US sabotaged China's mission to divert the comet. It reflects my stance that America's scientific and foreign policy should be oriented toward the world ending on America's terms should things come to that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I did like the part where the US sabotaged China's mission to divert the comet. It reflects my stance that America's scientific and foreign policy should be oriented toward the world ending on America's terms should things come to that.

Between that and aborting the diversion mission because the comet may be valuable…just thinking about the oil companies celebrating melting arctic ice for expanded oil exploration opportunities.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah this one really got me too. They got a little goofball with some characters like Jonah Hill, but the overall exasperation of Lawrence and Leo hit me like a sledgehammer.

That's what I mean. They had enough obvious spoof charcters, like the Bezos/Musk mashup guy, Jonah Hill, etc. The leads and some of the minor characters like wife and family being real is what gave it the reach. That and the mind bogglingly stupid decisions which we would 100% do in that scenario.

Its also why this clip is so funny/sad. Its so absurd yet so accurate and real. (Also, only 1 of 2 3 Newsroom clips that should ever be played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXRaTnKDXA

swickles fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shoddily developed hind quarters. Expected more quads and buttocks on that toad.