Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol people have just given up trying to even fight Barbatos and Exia. They won't even aim at them anymore.

They also lose harder than ever before, but you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm actually vaguely curious if it would have affected the game's trajectory if it launched without the melee units.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Absolutely. Look online, on forums and Reddit. Whether or not they are balanced or have counter play isn't the point. The point is they are insufferable to play against.

Absolutely #1 reason for me to not give a poo poo. That and the sniper. Just terribly unfun design to play against.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Sniper is frustrating because beyond the usual FPS reasons of attracting the worst people and promoting the worst playstyles, inevitably when the enemy team gets a good one rolling, the worst player on your team inevitiably thinks the way to counter them is to also switch sniper, when its very likely you're already bottled up and losing, giving you less control than you already had.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Kevsop posted:

Sniper is frustrating because beyond the usual FPS reasons of attracting the worst people and promoting the worst playstyles, inevitably when the enemy team gets a good one rolling, the worst player on your team inevitiably thinks the way to counter them is to also switch sniper, when its very likely you're already bottled up and losing, giving you less control than you already had.

It makes sense though because a good counter to sniper is just someone who is slightly better as a sniper. That is how inherently stupid the design is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shoot your guns you stupid assholes we outnumber the zaku 6 to 1 quit running away

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 1, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got my winter capital so now I can actually unlock a suit! I really liked how the Unicorn and Nu felt in the practice, but boy, it's a hard decision.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I like the Nu a lot! Its high HP and fast cooldowns gives it surprising survivability for how big it is. The fin funnels feel really good to use and are fairly versatile. If it had a second dash, it would easily be my favorite suit. That said, the single dash is killer depending on how you play. The dodge on the bazooka is great, but it telegraphs that you're an easy target. And if you conserve it for emergencies, it feels like you're leaving a lot of damage on the table.

Since the rifle isn't that powerful and the funnels reward hitting the same target a lot, you need to be a good shot and be good at positioning to get the most out of it. It's unfortunately easy to pick out a bad Nu Gundam. Never feel bad about having a Unicorn on the team though.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Unicorn is honestly probably still slightly overpowered but Nu can also do some work, IIRC the gun got a slight buff shortly after it came out.

Nu's biggest issue is that sometimes the funnels just don't hit their targets. You can bully the gently caress out of Sazabi with it though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The important thing about playing Unicorn is saying "Even so" every time you die and "Beam Magnum" every time you fire your ult until your party kicks you

Nu owns but my aim is terrible so as a result my Nu is also pretty terrible lmao

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://gundamevolution.jp/news/172 - Japanese only, so I'm going off what other people said, but two free boxes per day on the next two weekends. Does the game work yet?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think having Melee Zaku in would've been fine even with his (at the time) busted ult - the big problems were Barbatos and Sniper. I don't know if it would've saved the game since OW2 came along and ate up presumably most of the playerbase and streamers/audience. It's a shame I loved the game a lot and it's a lot better than OW even with its myriad of problems.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Kevsop posted:

If anyone wants to yell at Bamco to fix robot game, they put out a survey that's asking about a lot of the right stuff.

https://jp.research.net/r/Q322M2G

In other Christmas Miracles: You can now practice with unlockable units, and theres going to be a "Winter Campaign" upcoming with 2000 cap as a reward.

Survey is still up, so I told them to delete Barbar from the game and fix the wonky matchmaking where one side stomps the other while making non-chokepoint filled maps and maybe people will come back. :agesilaus: Maybe they'll fix it, but I doubt it. People told them issues during the beta and they were like "oh just git gud kids lmao" and then wonder why casuals bailed.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

God I'd give anything for one of these hero shooters that just doesn't have any stuns, one hit kills, or kill combos

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I still haven't bothered to play bc they're apparently still Investigating how to toggle the publicly documented compilation flags that allow Easy Anti Cheat to run on the Deck

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Even if this game poo poo the bed it's gotten me into the franchise so I'm thankful for that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lucinice posted:

Even if this game poo poo the bed it's gotten me into the franchise so I'm thankful for that

I'm still a bit grumpy at how much of it is UC. Other continuities exist!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

chumbler posted:

I'm still a bit grumpy at how much of it is UC. Other continuities exist!

It fits with no one I know having a consensus on what non UC seriess to watch

KoB
May 1, 2009
Turn A is the best one across the board. if they disagree theyre wrong.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

KoB posted:

Turn A is the best one across the board. if they disagree theyre wrong.

KoB
May 1, 2009
just in case there are new gundam fans here i wanna say im only joking in the sense that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but Turn A is so far and away the best one in my opinion its not even a contest.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I concur

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Even so,

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Turn A is the only one I'd consider showing to a normal person

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

Survey is still up, so I told them to delete Barbar from the game and fix the wonky matchmaking where one side stomps the other while making non-chokepoint filled maps and maybe people will come back. :agesilaus: Maybe they'll fix it, but I doubt it. People told them issues during the beta and they were like "oh just git gud kids lmao" and then wonder why casuals bailed.

There is litteraly already a mode with matchmaking and no one plays it.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Marx Headroom posted:

Turn A is the only one I'd consider showing to a normal person

Witch from Mercury tho

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Astroniomix posted:

There is litteraly already a mode with matchmaking and no one plays it.

I don't think I ever got into an actual ranked match and I queued for 40 minutes once. Lmao

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

If you really want a ranked match you have to play on the Asia server, but that might have died down by now too.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Way to late now, sadly.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still getting into games in 1-2 minutes on the Japan server.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Most gundam shows are very good but also come bundled with some hefty *s on that

Some gundam shows are just very good though. Turn a, war in the pocket, thunderbolt, and witch from mercury are all simply fantastic. The OG series is really good too but the * there is the animation is old as balls, and some stuff like hathaway has the "you need to watch like 40 hours of other gundam content first" *

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought Hathaway was considered pretty accessible in terms of late UC content

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It is. There's no prerequisite for watching it. I guess knowing who Quess and Amuro are would help a tiny bit for context, but the movie is perfectly enjoyable as a standalone

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Iserlohn posted:

I'm still getting into games in 1-2 minutes on the Japan server.

Ranked or casual? Casual's still going strong on all servers but I haven't been able to find a ranked game all season.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought Hathaway was considered pretty accessible in terms of late UC content

my feeling on it was pretty "someone who hasn't seen char's counter attack can probably understand what's going on but i'm not so sure they'd enjoy it much" and of course char's counterattack has its own similar prerequisite

people also say unicorn is a good jumping in point and i just don't understand that at all though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

unicorn literally opens with a history teacher giving a summary of universal century up to that point

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Astroniomix posted:

Ranked or casual? Casual's still going strong on all servers but I haven't been able to find a ranked game all season.

Ranked. Although, I haven't played much Ranked this season so I'm in Silver. And this is in Japan. I haven't played Ranked in NA since like the first couple months of release.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ninjewtsu posted:

Most gundam shows are very good but also come bundled with some hefty *s on that

Some gundam shows are just very good though. Turn a, war in the pocket, thunderbolt, and witch from mercury are all simply fantastic. The OG series is really good too but the * there is the animation is old as balls, and some stuff like hathaway has the "you need to watch like 40 hours of other gundam content first" *

Oh thunderbolt fr? I was afraid it was just an excuse to sell more tricked out UC suit mods but I’m down now

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

thunderbolt: december sky is my personal favorite yeah.

i guess it does come with the * that december sky is a complete, self contained story but the sequel bandit flower is part 1 of a larger story that will most likely never get animated (there is an ongoing manga)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Announcement tomorrow. If we get just one more suit for season 3, I hope it's the Aerial.

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1618851590315868161?t=_zUYQoeyrjGdTa_bZl4eYg&s=19