Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
In today's update, Snout realizes that violence isn't the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
loving kill him snout make his green goblin rear end taste the curb, he killed your corpse wife mom.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol

Also drat that arm is all sorts of drawn wrong. The one time it's probably okay to trace a reference and he doesn't

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is like the 5000th time someone's told him to find Luna

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is like the 5000th time someone's told him to find Luna

I think he's remembering the time he was told to seek Luna, and considering that it turned out to be the correct thing to do, and so he is choosing to heed what he's being told now.

Not that it's much of a choice. I mean, he's Snout, what's he gonna do?

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 20, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

March 29, 2021: Snout reads that the true name of the watercaller is Luna
213 days later, October 20, 2021: Snout remembers reading that the true name of the watercaller is Luna
(this also gets repeated like 5 more times)

January 28, 2022: Bogwitch tells Snout to Seek Luna to Find Dominic
357 days later, January 20th, 2023: Bananaman tells Snout to Seek Luna to Find Dominic

phew i dont know if i can keep up with this breakneck pace

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Emrikol posted:

I think he's remembering the time he was told to seek Luna, and considering that it turned out to be the correct thing to do, and so he is choosing to heed what he's being told now.

Not that it's much of a choice. I mean, he's Snout, what's he gonna do?
To be fair Snout's been getting conflicting advice, since he's only here because a book told him to do so right before it tried to kill him while sleepwalking.

To be even more fair I can't remember if there is any reason why Snout should give a single poo poo about being on this quest to find Dominic in the first place. Just go home and rebuild your house Snout, call it a day.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

b r u h

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
banana man is luna

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Maybe the real Luna is the friends we made along the way :unsmith:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

Maybe the real Luna is the friends we made along the way :unsmith:

That would only work if Snout did anything to be friends with anyone. Everyone who spends anytime at all in his presence defaults to caretaker

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I feel my neurons just... Shrugging at this. Just looking at each other in absolute befuddlement.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Samovar posted:

I feel my neurons just... Shrugging at this. Just looking at each other in absolute befuddlement.

Probably the best way to describe it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh thank god, I thought something was going to happen. Thankfully mookie knows that the appropriate way to deal with tension in your comic is to defuse it immediately.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Mx. posted:

b r u h
First: lol at that fuggin arm
Second: lmao at that fuggin arm
Third: still can't get over that fuggin arm
[...]
Somewhere in the triple digits: since when is Snout a southpaw?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SubG posted:

Somewhere in the triple digits: since when is Snout a southpaw?

Yeah this was my first response.

And hell, going back to the first chapter of this bullshit

He has not shown signs of ambidexterity until now.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Mookie forgot Uh, well, the power of myth...

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i'm not going to delve into the archive of floppy dicks again but i'm sure he's been shown writing with the other hand before

tbh i'm fine with comic characters just being ambidextrous because keeping track when it doesn't really matter is a pain

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Mx. posted:

i'm not going to delve into the archive of floppy dicks again but i'm sure he's been shown writing with the other hand before
I edited out the dicks.

Samovar posted:

It feels like Snakes and Ladders except the ladders are also snakes and if you roll a six it's also snakes. Time to start again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mx. posted:

tbh i'm fine with comic characters just being ambidextrous because keeping track when it doesn't really matter is a pain

Yeah fair enough, I have to admit I chalked most of those instances up to him flipping panels to "fit better" and didn't clock it.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Hey, I don't punch with my writing hand. If I break it, how am I going to write about punching people?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Samovar posted:

It's like I'm going insane; just a fascinating read. I want to show Legacy to one of those react channels just to see how incensed they get.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

b r u h

Oh, hey, what a funny edit.

This is an edit, right?

Right???

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mookie's cowardliness at having any extended conflict in his comic and his own lazy writing came together in a perfect blend of poo poo for this comic. Usually, when two characters in comics fight over a misunderstanding*, it'd be an extended sequence as both fighters duke it out and wear themselves down. But based on the previous pages, Lemonman blasted Corpsemomdaughterwife#2 into cubes and pubes, Snout got mad and threw Lemonman's rock at their feet, and was gonna try to punch them before stopping all of a sudden. So from our perspective, this entire 'fight' lasted for only 10 seconds, tops.

It's not just that the fight ended abruptly that makes it so bad, it's that there's no lead up to it. Usually, there'd be some sign or someone to alert the people fighting that they're on the same side like BvS' Martha lol and bring the fight to a halt. Yet Snout has thought of Luna because??? What does Lemonman even have to do with her??? Snout know to ask him because??? We know the answer is because Mookie knows Lemonman is actually a good guy and knows Luna, but the lack of narrative tissue between point A and point B is baffling. Mookie can't just even have Lemonman drop, oh I dunno, a book written by Luna or something for Snout to pick up? It'd be a stupid reason to stop the fight, but at least it'd be something.

*By 'misunderstanding', I mean yet another instance of Snout being a lovely friend. Snout just saw someone that looks like his friend caretaker get blown the gently caress up. He should be beating the crap out of this rear end in a top hat! But just like with the Bog Hag, Snout gets mad for a short amount of time on their behalf, sees the offending party has something Snout wants, then promptly forgets about his friends' caretakers' plight so he can fulfill his desires. He should at least get a good punch in before stopping to ask about Luna! Ugh, Kikero's barely a character and I'm annoyed at the misogynistic way this comic has treated her.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Snout saw Lemonhead had a nice and friendly face so he immediately knew he was a good guy. It's just like in Star Power when I immediately clocked the mercenary who was to become Danica's love interest as having an inevitable good guy turn because he was drawn with a friendly face right after his first few appearances.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

According to the Required Reading, Snout is remembering "find the people who found me", but "seek Luna to find Dominic" is something that Lemonhead is reiterating to him in the present.

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1616482817071775755?s=20&t=61DWmVPf2gOenhb2MHQ_mQ

So I'm guessing that Snout realized Lemonhead is one of the people he's supposed to find (because Mookie knows this), which is why he stopped fighting.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

This feels horribly paced because we aren't getting any answers to the questions that should be pressing in this circumstance, such as why the lemonman launched snout in the air or vapourised kikero. The entire "conflict" is based on lemonman acting out the role of the antagonist, but now he is a friend, because the macro-plot ordains him as such. But the encounter itself, the short-term narrative, has gone entirely unresolved. I assume mookie will write an explanation as to why both of those things were actually good and necessary, he loves to do that. But the order of events is all wrong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I believe Mookie's characters are like dogs and just sort of do things arbitrarily

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's just the meeting with the Chandak all over again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So he's gonna gently caress the green goblin?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mookie can't even put any effort into drawing dicks properly, I highly doubt he'd ever draw Snout having sex with another guy.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I mean he can't draw arms right and he just tried to draw a fist fight, kinda.

Like seriously how do you make a tweet with a giant image of that fuckin thing in it and not suddenly start asking yourself uncomfortable fuckin questions about yourself as an artist?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SubG posted:

Like seriously how do you make a tweet with a giant image of that fuckin thing in it and not suddenly start asking yourself uncomfortable fuckin questions about yourself as an artist?

We don't technically know that Snout has bones in his arms, maybe it's more like a tentacle.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

SubG posted:

he's been doing this for 20 years

20. years.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
The arm was so close to being right, it pains me.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's impossible to sell Snout as a physical threat even briefly. A dude knocked him out by pushing him. He has lost confrontations with the ground on more than one occasion. He tried to bully a flower and got his rear end kicked.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 22, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Snout finally kicked out of the public pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh I see Mookie finally remembered there's supposed to be stakes.