Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Ring of Sacrifice and an eternally hopeful friend :unsmith:

I always gave him the Loretta's bone, does he still go for new items even if you avoid giving him that item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Guillermus posted:

I always gave him the Loretta's bone, does he still go for new items even if you avoid giving him that item?

Nope, which is really bad for some consumables

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Nope, which is really bad for some consumables

I normally send him (and keep him alive) cept for Lothric Castle to keep him alive at Firelink because I don't need the last batch of consumables and rather to have the npc there.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I am up to the fight with the Dancer of the Boreal Valley and I the game is good but if I could changed one thing it would be to take out the unlockable grab attacks there are way to many of those in the game.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

side_burned posted:

I am up to the fight with the Dancer of the Boreal Valley and I the game is good but if I could changed one thing it would be to take out the unlockable grab attacks there are way to many of those in the game.

grab cancels are an unstated feature of Souls games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRn33_N-wSw

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/NotSoFragzzD/status/1592483540717146114?t=VBbjCgoT4s8jwJpRdDqjXQ&s=19

Edited music version owns

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I beat this one and DS1 after buying the trilogy for $40 and am a little bit into DS2 which I like so far.

I can't seem to track down the dedicated DS2 thread though so wondering if anyone has a link?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I beat this one and DS1 after buying the trilogy for $40 and am a little bit into DS2 which I like so far.

I can't seem to track down the dedicated DS2 thread though so wondering if anyone has a link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622261

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Awesome. Thank you. Not sure why I had trouble locating it.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

is there a way on steam deck to use gyro only when xhair aiming?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I think so, you can set it so gyro only activates when you hold a certain trigger iirc. Should be under the controller configuration menu > gyro behavior somewhere but I don't have my deck on me so I can't be more specific atm

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
oops wrong thread.

HaB fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 13, 2023

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Use the red soapstone?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

axolotl farmer posted:

Use the red soapstone?

Lol. I have posted in the wrong thread.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
is there a level you need to be to have people summon you for bosses? some guys i wanted to rematch just arent getting any hits on my summon sign
or do people just not really ember up for like wolnir

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Maybe if they are going in blind and it’s the first time in the Catacombs, but in general no one needs help fighting Big Skelley.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
fair enough hes not hard i just wanted to rematch him cos hes cool

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ime it's pretty boss-dependent, when i played it was a little late and co-op was a bit sparse but pontiff sulyvahn got me hits like 10x as often and quickly as other bosses.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Goddamn, I have to rant about lorian's teleport stab attack. If I wait to see what attack he is doing after teleporting I can't react quickly enough to the stab and if I preemptively roll the slash attack will hit me. Lvl60 ish pyromancer that can tank 2 hits and great combustion is taking him down quickly but that quick stab is absolutely tilting. Then phase two is just the same except there is homing poo poo targeting you so something is going to tag me at some point. And that little poo poo doesn't take damage sometimes. You would think a non targeted burst of flame to their back would spread enough to hit both but nope. I honestly don't remember having this much trouble when I beat them previously.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Carthus Bloodring helped me alot in that fight, you're right to react rollbwhen you see them teleport and the extra iframes helps iron out some of the ambiguities with the attack direction and projectiles

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

No Dignity posted:

Carthus Bloodring helped me alot in that fight, you're right to react rollbwhen you see them teleport and the extra iframes helps iron out some of the ambiguities with the attack direction and projectiles

yeah, it's probably worth using the bloodring if you're not interested in investing in getting beefier, at least for phase 1. the teleport stab is at, like, the average limit of human reaction time frame-wise, so the probability you're gonna get winged by it is high if you're not a 16 year old god gamer

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I have tried the carthus ring but I think I took it off for the fire boost ring in an attempt to burn him down faster. My fear is that I've got my personal limit for pyromancy and I'll need to go back to my unga bunga build just so I don't need to fiddle around with different estus flasks.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Facetank the Super Lothric Bros with a greatshield.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Pyromancy works great with the murderhobo fastroll outfit: loincloth, Sword Master’s ripped gear and a pyro hat.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Yeah I got them down today abusing the fact that his ai will just slowly walk towards you for the first phase.

Now my headache is the wolf grave warren. Who I had killed and gotten the wolf to half health while embered and flasks to spare...at which point my game crashed. This was after having the killing osciros twice because of a glitch after I killed him the first time. So I think that is enough dark souls for the time being.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Finally got midir down after him being my point of putting the game down for the last 5 years. Slave knight Gael went down after a little bit of effort and IMO a much better boss than midir. Just need to cap the lord of cinder who I thought you could party in his second phase like Gwen but haven't been able to hit the timing.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
you can't

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

MasterBuilder posted:

Finally got midir down

Fine work, skeleton!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

what does it mean if there's a rorshach blot that looks like DB cooper under my HP bar? it's not dakr sigil or hollowing symbol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Not sure which one you mean but you should be able to find it here: https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Status+Icons

Let us know which one you meant! DS's status icons have always been half obvious, half completely opaque lol

Another thing you can do if you don't want to check the wiki every time is remove/re-add equipment one by one and see which status icons disappear, then check that item's description. That's what I did

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

I hope it's the Password Set one, if any of the others resemble a Rorschach blot to you then you may want to speak to a neurologist.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

looks like it was altered roll

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
ohhh, yeah that kinda looks like someone skydiving. I thought you meant like the DB cooper mugshot and was very confused

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there any good reason to avoid Hollowing with Yoel?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Your character starts looking like a little freak. You can wear a ring to hide the effect but the firekeeper maiden doesn't like it. Also purging stones apparently.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

the dungeon with the firebrand witches, where exactly do you drop down to get down, out the window, outside by the crossarcher? you know to get to the keep with the giant humanoid and endless rats? i just loving did it a minute ago

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Mescal posted:

the dungeon with the firebrand witches, where exactly do you drop down to get down, out the window, outside by the crossarcher? you know to get to the keep with the giant humanoid and endless rats? i just loving did it a minute ago

L shaped hallway just past the mimic chest with a flask shard iirc, there should be a side door with a hole to drop down. Might be other ways in though

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Try jumping

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i tried jumping, i tried illusory wall, i tried finger but hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

skasion posted:

L shaped hallway just past the mimic chest with a flask shard iirc, there should be a side door with a hole to drop down. Might be other ways in though

i haven't been there yet. i got there another way. tell me this. is it on the side you start at, or on the other side over the raised walkway?