Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Would you rather live in Moldova or Oklahoma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
They have similar positive qualities with different but extremely still similar when culturally adjusted negatives..

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

would you rather live in Beszel or Ul Qoma?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

gaymerica or poorope

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Extra Large Marge posted:

easiest choice of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMKBVbmpVk

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can also ask Andrew Tate why Eastern Europe is the best place to live

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In Europe you can kiss a guy on the cheeks and gently cup his balls and it's like the equivalent of a fistbump and you don't have to start dating or anything

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Blow posted:

Australia is the correct answer.

:australia:

Every piece of media coming out of Austrailia seems like the culture is ~20 years behind

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I would like to live in Scandinavia

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Existence is suffering OP so better don't. Sit down and meditate.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Would you rather live in Kyiv or St. Louis? Choose your death.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A Horse With No Name is a good song but so is Final Countdown. So idktbh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I would rather live in South Hadley than Pripyat. Barely.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Konar posted:

Every piece of media coming out of Austrailia seems like the culture is ~20 years behind

Australia just got Grand Theft Auto 3 this year and they took out the cars.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

YeahTubaMike posted:

I would rather live in South Hadley than Pripyat. Barely.

Rent's real cheap in Pripyat tho

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Colonel Cancer posted:

Rent's real cheap in Pripyat tho

That's a good point. Plus, I wouldn't have to live there as long as I'd have to live in South Hadley, so there's another plus.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Probably go to like St Petersburg before anywhere in the US.

US just seems dangerous or just a hole, and also awful people.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I can’t really recommend Florida

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Best thing about America is our state parks, which will also kill you. Prettily.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

drat

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Best thing about America is our state parks, which will also kill you. Prettily.

Your access to beautiful open land is very desirable

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Piss Creep posted:

Probably go to like St Petersburg before anywhere in the US.

US just seems dangerous or just a hole, and also awful people.

yes, brand new registered poster. glorious mother russia will triumph over the evil empire, destroy the west, etc.

why didnt anyone say this before? we were all fools.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

yes, brand new registered poster. glorious mother russia will triumph over the evil empire, destroy the west, etc.

why didnt anyone say this before? we were all fools.

I worked with a Pakistani guy who had shifted guns around Europe for a while, working as a tour operator, he thought St Petersburg was one of the few places in Eastern Europe he didn't get as much racism. Weird.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
St PetersTURD peeeyeeeewww

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive travelled through many different parts of both the us and europe and there are so many very different regions of either that its kind of impossible to answer the question when posed so generally. i'd rather live in sweden than most of texas, but i'd rather live in la than warsaw. i'd rather live in amsterdam than nyc, but i'd rather live in nyc than london. i'd live in marseille in an instant if i could make a living there. i would rather live in illinois than belgium, and i would rather live in croatia than illinois. i havent been to bosnia since 2002 and i imagine it's changed a lot since then, but i'd rather live in sarajevo than detroit, and i'd rather live in detroit than hamburg.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op is this a serious question or a joke question, i can't answer until i know the theme here

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Once upon a time, there was a wizard master who was feeling a bit down. You see, he had a bit of a problem, he was impotent. This made it difficult for him to perform magic spells and caused him to lose his confidence. He decided that he needed a change of scenery to help him get over his problem.

He had always been torn between living in the USA or Europe, so he decided to flip a coin. Heads, he would move to the USA, tails, he would move to Europe. The coin was flipped and it landed on tails.

The wizard master packed up his bags and headed to Europe. As soon as he arrived, he felt a change. The people were friendly, the food was delicious, and the wine was flowing. He felt alive again.

One day, as he was walking through the streets of Paris, he saw a beautiful woman. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He was instantly smitten. He tried to talk to her, but he was so nervous that he couldn't even speak.

Just as he was about to give up, the woman turned to him and said, "Don't be shy, I can see that you're a wizard master. I can feel the magic in you."

The wizard master was shocked. He had never felt this way before. He thanked the woman for her kind words and asked her if she would like to go for a drink.

She said no

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

sometimes if you stand under the arc de triomphe on a quiet night, you can hear the winds whispering ~~wiizard maaaster

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

less of an emphasis on “car culture”

I see you've never been to Germany.

I've lived for years in America, Europe, and Asia, AMA.

While it might be tempting to say life is better in Europe --- without tacos, can you really call it "living"?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I live in America and I like it, op. I've only been to Italy as far as Europe goes and it was pretty awesome as well, but that was way back in 1987 as a 2-week family trip. The BO on the bus was an eye-opener, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

I think you can probably get hosed wizard master

wheres the lie op

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I live in Canada so it's the worst of both worlds!

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

For real? I was under the impression that almost every European country would tear up your license if you tried swapping your exhaust or putting coilovers on your car.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Shadow0 posted:

I've lived for years in America, Europe, and Asia, AMA.

While it might be tempting to say life is better in Europe --- without tacos, can you really call it "living"?

:haibrower:

My addiction to mexican food legit keeps me from emigrating anywhere outside of the Western US. I could do Europe or parts of SE Asia for a while, like way loving longer than Boston or Orlando, but somehow I'd get sucked back.

Real big problem because I don't even super like it here anymore.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
America has the cheapest consumer electronics and I need those to avoid life so…

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
I've been all over the place (sans Asia in general) and I'll keep this.
It's hosed up but what ever.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

For real? I was under the impression that almost every European country would tear up your license if you tried swapping your exhaust or putting coilovers on your car.

If I asked you to list every German word you knew, how long would it take you before you got to "Autobahn"? But it depends on what the OP meant by "car culture". We do have buses here, which is nice. I wish our trains were reliable, but I guess that's specific to my region. Stop privatizing railways, it always ruins everything!
But I can always hear people driving loudly outside my apartment at 3AM. You can hear how offended they are that they were stopped at a red light, and then they are in a massive rush to get to the next one.

A lot of people mention travel, but I'll tell you traveling somewhere and living somewhere is extremely, extremely different.

Vampire Panties posted:

My addiction to mexican food legit keeps me from emigrating anywhere outside of the Western US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_tacos

Also Europe needs to stop adding corn to everything "American". It's 2023. You've all been to America. You can Google this stuff. There's no corn on pizza.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Shadow0 posted:

Also Europe needs to stop adding corn to everything "American". It's 2023. You've all been to America. You can Google this stuff. There's no corn on pizza.

there's a very common sauce for fries etc in belgium, northern france, and the netherlands called "american sauce" and i have no idea wtf it is supposed to be, but its definitely not any kind of condiment we normally have in the us

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i want to go to amsterdam and watch professional bike racing in person and also party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

lol