Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

My old buddies' FC lost their shot at a large, but it was also 3 entries from the FC out of 6, instead of 4 out of 127, so the market may indeed be approaching equilibrium.
:laffo: yeah sure, equilibrium. On average there were still like 5 bids for every large and about 3 for ever medium on Excalibur. It will only take about 20 new wards (10 for mediums) to cover this demand, almost there!

DelphiAegis posted:

I'm sad I didn't get my medium house bid, but yeah this is realistically the last time it will be easily possible to get one, unless you really scan the wards for empties every cycle.
Realistically the next time is when they add more wards again. Expect the handful of auto-demolitions for M/L plots to have dozens and hundreds of bids again until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

orcane posted:

:laffo: yeah sure, equilibrium. On average there were still like 5 bids for every large and about 3 for ever medium on Excalibur. It will only take about 20 new wards (10 for mediums) to cover this demand, almost there!

The thing to remember is that multiple people from an FC can bid on a house. So out of 5 bids, 4 (or even all 5) could have been from the same FC.

Trying to make any heads or tails of numbers only works when you're looking at player-only wards. Mixed wards or FC-only wards aren't going to tell the whole story.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Lot of plots when I checked late yesterday had 0 bids on them still so supply is definitely catching up on the whole
Not to mention dynamis is gonna have to through multiple waves to fill up probably. When there’s a new player surge with the expansion many of them will probably be funneled to there because it’ll default to making new chars on them (ie theyd have to opt out)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

dynamis skipped out on this housing plot expansion, and is missing four entire servers each which'll fluff up housing supply when they come online. that's on top of auto demos coming in.

the houses are awakening.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
wt

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mordiceius posted:

The thing to remember is that multiple people from an FC can bid on a house. So out of 5 bids, 4 (or even all 5) could have been from the same FC.

Trying to make any heads or tails of numbers only works when you're looking at player-only wards. Mixed wards or FC-only wards aren't going to tell the whole story.
Yeah, and the people I'm talking about specifically have a medium and want a large, which is probably a disproportionate chunk of the market that's out there hunting and posting.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
Came to post congrats/condolences to other house seekers. After years of disappointments I finally got a small Mist plot right on the beach, so I guess this game is good again! The housing system is still wildly unfair, and this continues to perpetuate a really lame two-class system of housing haves and have-nots, but I'm excited to get to play with a sub-system of the game I've been shut out of since HW.

I guess it's time to start leveling more of the crafting jobs so I can build myself rugs and lamps and stuff!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I am so glad I do not give a drat about having a house. I don't even know how to decorate a room in an FC house. Blissful ignorance wins again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a small house with an ocean view in La Noscea. I guess nobody else bid since it's right under the big bridge thing in the middle but I still really like the view AND my neighbor has a candy house!

Wasn't expecting this. Now I gotta actually put the drat thing together.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Where my RDM portrait shows mouth closed but the actual display in dungeons shows mouth open, I fixed the problem easily enough by applying a facial expression to the portrait. Not sure what to do about the one where my DRK doing Eventide is shouting but the actual display has him grim-faced, though. Expression is set to "none" :shrug:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's some weirdness with how portraits are saved vs how they're shown in dungeons I've noticed. with the comic panel border I have it cropped in a way that the two top panels show my sage weapons, but when I load into an instance they peek through the panel below them.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i have nothing but hate in my heart

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

there's some weirdness with how portraits are saved vs how they're shown in dungeons I've noticed. with the comic panel border I have it cropped in a way that the two top panels show my sage weapons, but when I load into an instance they peek through the panel below them.

Yeah I noticed that one when you posted. Good work, gives an impression like there should be expository text boxes in the top two panels explaining galactic civilization and then introducing the dreaming Skywalker hero at the bottom. drat shame the system clips it wrong.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nessus posted:

Yeah, and the people I'm talking about specifically have a medium and want a large, which is probably a disproportionate chunk of the market that's out there hunting and posting.

I'm of the strong opinion that Medium/Large houses are best for FCs and Small/Medium are best for personal.

I originally had a medium personal house and upgraded to a large a few years ago. Larges... kinda suck. It's about 3x the square fulms of a medium, but the item limit is 400 vs 300. There's a reason that so many larges end up blocking off rooms/floors. Mediums are kind of the perfect house size. If I could, I would swap my personal large with my FC's medium, but LOL @ trying to make that happen.

I was originally a little nervous about FCs competing against individuals for houses, but being that FCs can have multiple bids on a plot, I think it actually works out.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

In my 9th year of playing FFXIV I acquired a small house but now I realize the crushing lack of cute outdoor furnishings for sale on my server.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You should probably ignore your house for a month or so until all the furnishing item prices crater.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You should probably ignore your house for a month or so until all the furnishing item prices crater.

:same:

I thought it was just my smaller server but I realized maple trees were costly so I opted for the NPC trees for sale. I just added the mini-teleport, bells, and mailbox in the meantime.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You can design a very nice house entirely with npc vendor items, given a little creativity. Never let market board prices get in the way of your pretty princess castle dress up.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oh hey, I'm probably like 400k richer now, I got a crafting mat from a level 1 map last night that made some furniture I didn't want, but someone should like. And I have a bunch of mortar made because I had all this fine sand, I should make some cool walls.

I lucked into a decent housing situation, so I haven't had a horsebird in the race at all. Before I started playing, a friend of mine was in FC A with a small, the entire FC merged into FC B, but she left an alt in charge of FC A. When I joined, she invited me into FC A to stop the flood of random FC invites. Then FC B had some huge drama and most of them jumped to FC C, but she pulled all her alts back to FC A to be alone. So the entire free company is me, four of her alts, and maybe two other people who haven't logged in since I started playing. And she gave me nearly full permissions on the house.

But congrats to everyone who got one!

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Agreed, in fact I'd recommend just not going near the housing district for at least 30 days. You can log on and go in the house after some time has passed and everything has calmed down!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Changed my mind on maples, got a willow and a wisteria in my yard like when I was growing up, and I think I'm done! Gonna wait to do the inside when prices drop

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Dareon posted:

Before I started playing, a friend of mine was in FC A with a small, the entire FC merged into FC B, but she left an alt in charge of FC A. When I joined, she invited me into FC A to stop the flood of random FC invites.

The flood of random unsolicited FC invites whenever you don't have an FC is definitely obnoxious. Only this month, after several years of FC-less play, did I finally manage to blacklist the last of the invite-spammers on my server. Had to track that last one down by their FC's housing district to get the blacklist <t> command to work; I couldn't get any of the by-name blacklist commands to work that I googled (did they get changed/removed?) and the spammer (through guile or lazyness) didn't bother with tells that I could right-click blacklist.

Probably not a problem most goons have, but excal wasn't open for character creation when I started playing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Got myself a small on the outskirts of the Goblet -- directly next to a bell/MB and the aethernet node, next to nothing else. Should be a nice little hermitage and a nice variation of my Dynamis alt house (right in the Brimming Heart near the pool). Bourgeoisie life!!

Now time to grab all my outdoor furniture from retainers and figure out how to totally ruin this lawn

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I had a few people tell me to join FCs when I was still on the free trial. Once I left it I was able to join my friends' small personal FC pretty quickly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Antivehicular posted:

Got myself a small on the outskirts of the Goblet -- directly next to a bell/MB and the aethernet node, next to nothing else. Should be a nice little hermitage and a nice variation of my Dynamis alt house (right in the Brimming Heart near the pool). Bourgeoisie life!!

Now time to grab all my outdoor furniture from retainers and figure out how to totally ruin this lawn

Oh I think I know the plot you snagged. It's next to a waterfall and a little gazebo and right next to a back gate bridge, sorta off from the big main plaza? I considered getting that plot myself I love that location. It's isolated on its own and has a really fantastic view of the canyons and the little waterfall area below is cool. Plus that convenient market board.

I ended up getting a small lot in Ishgard over on Adamantoise. Our server is on the smaller side so I got it with no competition on bids. The market board is up some stairs but is still conveniently close by and I get a nice view out of the mountains and part of the big castle architecture. Plus I love me some snow. Plot 33 is the one I got specifically.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I continue to wait patiently for Moon housing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What I want to do in my house requires a lot of Verdant Partitions and that poo poo is expensive as hell right now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Why isn’t there a HOA yet, get these shirogane and ishgard houses out of mist

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

kitten emergency posted:

Why isn’t there a HOA yet, get these shirogane and ishgard houses out of mist

You joke but there have been meltdowns about that very thing

E: not here of course, but elsewhere

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, there has been at least one case of HOAs springing up in Emp and yelling at people with tacky houses

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I will be the tackiest loving house, fight me, HOA.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, there has been at least one case of HOAs springing up in Emp and yelling at people with tacky houses

Sounds like some volunteers for the witch drop!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone on this loving earth who would be upset to live next to a candy house or a lawn full of flaming namazu does not deserve a house

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQ6OSI9YPc

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I am more upset about barely decorated empty houses. Namazu effigies are fine.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone on this loving earth who would be upset to live next to a candy house or a lawn full of flaming namazu does not deserve a house
They deserve housing the same as anyone else.

They can go into the apartment building.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

An FC-mate of mine has a Paissa house with Namazu effigies in Emp and has literally had neighbors move out over it. Dude is a hero

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Never give up. We had just turned the crystal around from right before the end zone when overtime hit, managed to push it all the way back to a win.

There was a lot of flailing. Best advice I can offer in such situations: be very aware of where the crystal is and where you're standing. There were a couple of times when their defender took a step off while fighting us and stayed put fighting while the crystal traveled on without them, and I was desperately trying not to do the same. It was not one of those steamroll pushes where the momentum just sweeps you in, they made us fight for every step.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 20, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

An FC-mate of mine has a Paissa house with Namazu effigies in Emp and has literally had neighbors move out over it. Dude is a hero
I got the otter house for the small I got by living in literally the shittiest part of the Goblet, but I don't think I can lower the property values any further without opening a somnus parlor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

poo poo, I accidentally won a house.

I was tired and didn't realize it was the FC only ward, I thought I was bidding on a private.
My FC already has a large house.

As long as I don't click to finish the sale, all that happens is I pay a 4 million gil dumbass tax, right?