Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Sunk dunk's antics would let x jakk play to his natural strengths as the straight man. It's always been a destined combo

Alright, who's going to write the fanfiction first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
make my penis normal sized

has anyone here watched this kevin can gently caress himself show? it sounds interesting from the premise

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Thoss posted:

:siren:FRIDAY MOVIES:siren:

at 8:00 eastern on the discord
1. Sands of Oblivion
featuring the space hooker from firefly and also that baldwin that isn't actually one of the baldwins and turned out to be a right wing nut who was also on firefly

Those two fuckin louts get a shoutout but George Kennedy is snubbed? Rude

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The Walsenburg, Colorado RLM Thread Goonmeet Massacre of 2023

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Inshallah

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

AARD VARKMAN posted:

We can only hope.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im watching Andor and i think someone forgot to tell the guy who plays Baron Harkonnen in dune that he's in a star wars because for some reason he's acting and it's good.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Walsenburg is fitting though, everything south of Colorado Springs is weirdo territory.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

hemale in pain posted:

im watching Andor and i think someone forgot to tell the guy who plays Baron Harkonnen in dune that he's in a star wars because for some reason he's acting and it's good.

It’s insane. You animals kept telling me how good andor was so I started watching it and now….. I’m enjoying a Star war?!!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

hemale in pain posted:

That's Stellan Skarsgård, he's enjoys acting so much he accidentally created 4 more Skarsgård actors

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Fuckin seriously. Michael Caine in Muppet Christmas Carol is no longer the standard for “Actor putting 150% into a role requiring 10%”

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
This classic old thread favorite came across my recommended feed again, and it now has more than a million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rh1k2R2rv8

"Folding chable" is still a classic, especially with Jessie's laughter echoing in the background as he realizes his mistake.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm kinda glad that the boys, noted obi wan show fans, will never see andor. They don't deserve it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

It’s insane. You animals kept telling me how good andor was so I started watching it and now….. I’m enjoying a Star war?!!

Yeah I just finished it and it was drat good.

This is how the Wars should be.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Lib poo poo has plagued Star Wars for too long. It's a series about shooting cops! Andor is good because it embraces that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

did this get posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69icp_XIt4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Offler posted:

This classic old thread favorite came across my recommended feed again, and it now has more than a million views.

"Folding chable" is still a classic, especially with Jessie's laughter echoing in the background as he realizes his mistake.

Rich looks so much better now. Mike, though...

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
mikes face in that thumbnail lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
forgot that rich evans used to be a giant

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Offler posted:

I'm glad Rich Evans is a dumbass, I laughed at every single one of these gently caress ups.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Cubone posted:

Whatever Rich’s current body shape is, it’s the peak male form.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's rich evans tough guy 1970s physique, he is just now entering his ryan gosling phase

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cubone posted:

Peter Jackson was the guest director.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Watched Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015). The titular detective is the 1930s/40s Indian/Bengali analogue to Sherlock Holmes, and this movie is a very straightforward mystery set in WW2 era Calcutta.

I'd call it competent and worth a watch if you're out of classic style detective stuff to watch, Bakshy's actor does a good job with it, but 2h27m is definitely Longer Than It Needed. The tone is reasonably serious, about as much as most Sherlock or Poirot adaptations barring recent abominations. There is some comedically odd use of modern metal and electronica at parts.

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 21, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

was Strange New Worlds really that bad? I thought it got a decent reception

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it was good

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
RLM will watch and review 400 straight cookie cutter horror movies and then complain in the same review episodes about how many comic book movies there are and how tired they are of them. Mike will be a Star Trek fan and then give up on probably the best new Trek since DS9 after 1 episode knowing full well that Star Trek always, always, takes time to find its footing (if it ever does). Anyway, what I'm saying is that RLM is a land of contrasts.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

delightful posted:

RLM will watch and review 400 straight cookie cutter horror movies and then complain in the same review episodes about how many comic book movies there are and how tired they are of them. Mike will be a Star Trek fan and then give up on probably the best new Trek since DS9 after 1 episode knowing full well that Star Trek always, always, takes time to find its footing (if it ever does). Anyway, what I'm saying is that RLM is a land of contrasts.
they're right

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

delightful posted:

what cookie cutter horror movies?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Star Trek new worlds was okay

Definitely, by far, the best "new trek" show out there

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

CODChimera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEqVqmYhrk

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ultimately mike is a guy who wants his star trek to be TNG, his star wars to be the obi wan show, and expects very little variance from those baselines

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

delightful posted:

Bad horror movies are entertaining in a variety of ways, superhero moopies always suck for the same reasons

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

stephenthinkpad posted:

Peter Jackson was the guest director.

his effects to make jay look bigger than usual were very impressive

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Bones and all sounds good but I do not want to watch it at all. The soundtrack is great though, Reznor/Ross continue to just put out absolutely great scores and songs from a movie.

The official vid of the main song (probably oscar nominated I imagine) showed up on youtube last week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSbcQqgqSQ

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

willem dafoe has already starred in this movie. now move on

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

CODChimera posted:

pitch: a man dies in a horrible accident on the cookie production line on christmas eve at the big cookie factory... every year after that, around christmastime people go missing and bodies appear with wounds matching cookie cutters of christmas trees, reindeer, etc

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Gingerbread men that come to life and pick up knives and start cutting people

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

this is genuinely a bop i mean a boop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Holy poo poo guys I think Seth Rogen might be Stephen Spielberg's dad