Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Taco Bell isn't good, but sometimes you just want to get a lot of food at a ridiculous hour for $5 and feel like you have the flu for an hour after, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

baja blast

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

taco bell rocks

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Dawgstar posted:

Taco Bell isn't good, but sometimes you just want to get a lot of food at a ridiculous hour for $5 and feel like you have the flu for an hour after, okay?

I'm going to echo what someone else said about Taco Bell being on the same fast food tier as Little Caesar's, because that is exactly the same appeal they have.

It's not the best pizza, but it's $5.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Alaois posted:

baja blast

new Cybershell video when?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

DeafNote posted:

new Cybershell video when?

lol that vid loving ruled. i still lol thinking of the little mspaint diagram

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
remember when operation soda steal happened in Better Call Saul

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

remember when operation soda steal happened in Better Call Saul

Not my first guess on what show would try and do it. I would've though: Brooklyn 99, Always Sunny or Rick & Morty

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 21, 2023

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

KingKalamari posted:

I'm going to echo what someone else said about Taco Bell being on the same fast food tier as Little Caesar's, because that is exactly the same appeal they have.

It's not the best pizza, but it's $5.

yeah it’s bougie as gently caress to go after either tbqh

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
No one will take away my right to say that lovely food from international corporations is lovely and you should only eat it as a last resort

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Dawgstar posted:

It’s $10 now, but yeah.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Captain Invictus posted:

man I love 8-bit drummer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrrNDWmgOeY&hd=1

without the lyrics, the song still jams at that speed, too

Jerod rules and his happiness is infectious.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Jacob Geller talking about Orbital Lasers :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLc4hHWqHs

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Opened this thread to the most recent page and wondered why everyone was talking about Taco Bell.
I'm sorry.
It's the only food I actively crave and I can offer no justification or explanation. I want it all the time. I ate Taco Bell multiple times in a row in Osaka, where I could have been eating anything else.
One of the staff asked if I was unemployed. I said I was a YouTuber. She tried not to laugh, but she did. I never went back to the Taco Bell in Dōtonbori.

Like a decade ago I wanted to do a video where some friends and I drove to the every single (not many at the time, like 12-16) existing UK Taco Bell location over the course of a weekend, got everything on the menu at every store, and played stupid games along the way to determine who has to eat each store's haul. We were really into Begiragons at the time.

Now it's a mainstream enough food place here that it doesn't work the same, there's like 120 of em. I'm constantly trying to think of a version of this premise that would still make sense to do. Are there any inexplicably small fast food chains in the UK I can force my friends to road trip between for the purpose of humiliation?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hbomberguy posted:

Opened this thread to the most recent page and wondered why everyone was talking about Taco Bell.
I'm sorry.
It's the only food I actively crave and I can offer no justification or explanation. I want it all the time. I ate Taco Bell multiple times in a row in Osaka, where I could have been eating anything else.
One of the staff asked if I was unemployed. I said I was a YouTuber. She tried not to laugh, but she did. I never went back to the Taco Bell in Dōtonbori.

Like a decade ago I wanted to do a video where some friends and I drove to the every single (not many at the time, like 12-16) existing UK Taco Bell location over the course of a weekend, got everything on the menu at every store, and played stupid games along the way to determine who has to eat each store's haul. We were really into Begiragons at the time.

Now it's a mainstream enough food place here that it doesn't work the same, there's like 120 of em. I'm constantly trying to think of a version of this premise that would still make sense to do. Are there any inexplicably small fast food chains in the UK I can force my friends to road trip between for the purpose of humiliation?

greetings

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How many Popeye's are there in the UK

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hbomberguy posted:

One of the staff asked if I was unemployed. I said I was a YouTuber. She tried not to laugh, but she did. I never went back to the Taco Bell in Dōtonbori

Lol hell yeah she rules

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Hbomberguy posted:

Jollibee's? Googling it, there only seems to be a dozen or so in the UK, and they're a bit spread out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

Go to some Bojangles or A&W restaurants.

Trying to think of what's niche and not worldwide and saturated every two blocks like Subway, McDonalds and Starbucks.

Do you have a lot of White Castles or Krystal's up in the UK?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
There is one Denny's in the UK and it's in Swansea for some reason

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Hello Hbomberguy.

I'm curious as to what the "philisophical concept of patricide" is supposed to mean.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 21, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hello delphisage.

Nobody knows what you're referring to.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've not had a taco

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hbomberguy posted:

I'm sorry.

I'd say Wimpy but there's still like, 60 of them. They're mostly down South mind. Half of them are in Essex and Kent.

There's one Hooters in the UK and that's in Nottingham. 13 Chipotles but they're pretty much all in London if you want another Mexican chain. I'd have absolutely suggested going to the UK's one Bubba Gump Shrimp Company near Leicester Square but that's now closed apparently.

If you want real faded glory, how about the 5 Angus Steakhouses that are still limping about in Central London? Those used to be everywhere in the Capital. Anthony Bourdain wrote about them once.

RareAcumen posted:

Do you have a lot of White Castles or Krystal's up in the UK?

No, they haven't come yet :(. More and more chains are coming though! Carl's Jr is apparently going to be here soon.

Some have really taken off! Like, Five Guys is drat near everywhere now.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 21, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvxKuiHnFs

pokimane taking the fight to the haters and psychos for once. absolutely love to see it, and she utterly destroys them haha

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
You're right, Hbomb, there is nothing like The Unboxing Ring, the discomfort and unease it evokes is fascinating. Since the camera never moves, it feels like you're imprisoned and can do nothing but pretend to ignore what's going on around you. It's a very childlike experience, being a passive and unwilling participant in intense personal disputes that no one ever explains to you. The secret story that's been quietly told about Tyler in videos on other channels are great stuff, too; somehow setting up a STREET MEALS video like a decade after they filmed it is amazing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Taco Bell is the first resort. Never the last.

Gimme some spicy potatos and a baja blast

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the "philisophical concept of patricide is what happens when you eat taco bell and your farts kill your dad

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Barry Shitpeas posted:

There is one Denny's in the UK and it's in Swansea for some reason

Now Denny's is the good stuff

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kim Justice posted:

There's lots of Taco Bell in the UK now. It's ok? I've only had it once but it was totally fine.

Mind you, aside from some really good independent outliers, generally speaking we are poo poo at Mexican food. Like, absolutely terrible. We're so bad that we let a chain trademark "Taqueria" so they can go around and legally have a go at anyone who wants to use the generic name for a place that serves tacos.

if its anything like australias three new taco bells they hosed up by having a tiny menu full of overpriced poo poo without any of the intriguingly bizzare/cyberpunk options like the dorito taco

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

No, they haven't come yet :(. More and more chains are coming though! Carl's Jr is apparently going to be here soon.

Some have really taken off! Like, Five Guys is drat near everywhere now.

I was invested enough to search if Outback Steakhouse was a thing over there and after seeing that they closed I gave up looking any further. If they had Cracker Barrels up there, I wouldn't be surprised, it's inoffensive but nothing to suggest intentionally.

Oooh go to a bunch of Cheesecake Factories and put on 6 pounds by the second visit!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Five Guys' trick of just giving you a ton of fries and the amount you order just being an illusion of choice is, I believe, the reason for their successful expansion.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Jacob Geller made another excellent video essay, this time about a common sci-fi trope we usually don't give a second thought about but probably should:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLc4hHWqHs

The companion video on Nebula is definitely worth watching if you've got a subscription and have any amount of interest in crazy cold war poo poo.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Just get a Falafel Döner. After that any other fast food (perhaps except Kumpir) will feel like a letdown.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hbomberguy posted:

I'm sorry.

There’s a Taco Bell near where I’m staying rn in Shibuya and I was like “I haven’t eaten anything American since getting here and I’m not gonna start now” but almost immediately went and got a Krispy Kreme so I guess I lost that battle. Krispy Kreme slaps though no regrets even if the green tea donut kinda sucked.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Antigravitas posted:

Just get a Falafel Döner. After that any other fast food (perhaps except Kumpir) will feel like a letdown.

Have you tried a halal snack pack. Its basically the same only without the wrap and somehow considerably less healthy.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Food that murders you ftw

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

endocriminologist posted:

Food that murders you ftw

We’re not talking about HFCS

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Alaois posted:

How many Popeye's are there in the UK

About a dozen or so, but they seem to be expanding pretty aggressively, and they have a bunch of delivery kitchens around London as well.

I assume you don't meant to include all the extant chicken places called Popeye's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I live near a college campus, and there used to be a Taco Bell in their commons building. I ate there whenever I thought I could afford it, and enjoyed their five-layer burritos (without sour cream), which I thought were pretty tasty and filling for how cheap they were. Since then, I've stopped eating beef and the store got replaced by a Steak 'n' Shake during the pandemic, but I wouldn't mind trying their vegetarian options if I could find another store.

Still have access to a Chipotle, though. I don't think I've heard about the e coli thing, but I'm probably still going to eat there.