Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I like shib :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

this guy gets it

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

very unpopular

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Shibawanko posted:

This guy is also mad. Lol

Yeah I think people should get mad at arseholes.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i'm not an rear end in a top hat lol. all i post in here are some silly opinions about guys with beards or how saabs are better than volvos or whatever. you're just really pompous and overly sensitive and being contradicted or mocked pisses you off

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Shibawanko posted:

or how saabs are better than volvos or whatever.

Ban this filth

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

For a while he really was the star of the thread. He has been mostly AFK as of late though . . .

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Shibawanko posted:

i'm not an rear end in a top hat lol. all i post in here are some silly opinions about guys with beards or how saabs are better than volvos or whatever. you're just really pompous and overly sensitive and being contradicted or mocked pisses you off

All you post is the most boring stuff imaginable, filtered through the most boring prose imaginable and then get huffy when told that your boring.

Oh and considering you responded with "lol u mad" I think it's a bit rich to accuse anyone of being overly sensitivite.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm just glad we're finally getting to the bottom of this.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

All you post is the most boring stuff imaginable, filtered through the most boring prose imaginable and then get huffy when told that your boring.

Oh and considering you responded with "lol u mad" I think it's a bit rich to accuse anyone of being overly sensitivite.

or maybe youre just mad

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

silence_kit posted:

For a while he really was the star of the thread. He has been mostly AFK as of late though . . .

im right here dude someone just changed my avvie

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The real travesty is shib being afk in the gba/gbc screen thread

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I think shibawanko is a Nazi

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i am not lol. im a social democrat. where do you even get that idea you weirdo

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Tbf there was that time that you said you were bothered by how uncool Hitler is portrayed and he should appear much cooler

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

Tbf there was that time that you said you were bothered by how uncool Hitler is portrayed and he should appear much cooler

i said he should be portrayed as he was because it would make him scarier

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Well I mean who knows what happened; that's neither here nor there

I'm just saying I can see where the idea came from

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

Well I mean who knows what happened; that's neither here nor there

I'm just saying I can see where the idea came from

taking stuff some loopy mod wrote at face value isn't a good strategy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kevin Durand is a severely underrated actor. He should get bigger roles.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He had some pretty big rolls as the blob

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

see, the system works

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

alexandriao posted:

see, the system works

but you werent aborted??

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Huh, whaddaya know, it does work

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Shibawanko's good folk you just have to get to know him.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Rick posted:

Shibawanko's good folk you just have to get to know him.

he consistently has ignorant takes and just made an abortion joke at me

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

an abortion joke!!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
a real shiba wanker

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Shibwanko has opinions which I often don't agree with but will make me stop and pause for thought and thats really what this thread needs more of

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Shibwanko has opinions which I often don't agree with but will make me stop and pause for thought and thats really what this thread needs more of

he consistently has ignorant takes and made an abortion joke at alexandriao

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

An abortion joke!!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Manager Hoyden posted:

An abortion joke!!

Should've killed that joke on the womb.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

PHUO: this is the 21st century, abortion jokes are largely bad taste

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

alexandriao posted:

youre extremely whack and have a bad case of protagonist syndrome

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

skateboarding is boring. nothing exciting happens, a guy goes back and forth on a halfpipe and then falls after 3 times. it doesn't even have a man vs man or man vs nature element like snowboarding does

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Shibawanko posted:

skateboarding is boring. nothing exciting happens, a guy goes back and forth on a halfpipe and then falls after 3 times. it doesn't even have a man vs man or man vs nature element like snowboarding does

streets better and the natural end product is a video of your gang doing fun tricks on the local stairways. it makes sense when its man vs. built environment

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

alexandriao posted:

They were always in bad taste, OP. That's the funny part: Bad taste.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Issaries posted:

They were always in bad taste, OP. That's the funny part: Bad taste.

And you kind of have to know your audience to use them. It isn't 2004 anymore where you can drop them and everyone goes lol online.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Justin Godscock posted:

And you kind of have to know your audience to use them. It isn't 2004 anymore where you can drop them and everyone goes lol online.

True. We are no longer the edgy kids.
We're the parents of current and future edgy kids. :ohdear:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
The sensibilities of New SA are a little strange. The first impression you might get about New SA from reading posters moralize about certain selective topics, is that SA is largely a positive community which is all about doing good works and making the world a better place.

BUT if you look a little more closely, you'll find that the Something Awful Forums are almost the complete opposite of that kind of place. We largely do NOT post about how we spend our time helping the disadvantaged, serving the poor, participating in local government, etc. etc.

INSTEAD, we post or post about:

- playing video games
- watching movies and TV
- purchasing and using consumer electronics
- using recreational drugs
- our alternative sexual lifestyles, either with a 100% deadly serious tone, or in jest
- our jobs in the information technology industry
- our impotent rants against our ideological doppelgängers, sometimes containing violent fantasies about their impending demise

This HUGE disparity between how Goons moralize/preach on certain selective topics and what Goons ACTUALLY spend their time doing is one of many Great Goon Paradoxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Considering the rising rates of loneliness and unfuckability in America today, the government should start a program where if someone goes too long without a serious romantic relationship they get automatically paired up with a person of similar age and attractiveness.