Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alhazred posted:

There really is a norwegian christmas cookie called sand cookie. It's dry and crumbly and no one really like it, but it's traditional !

I make some Passover Mandelbreit that needs a glass of water handy. So dry, so crumbly, so tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Cranky Shafterbean

The featured comment at the moment is "Would you like to bet that guy will sell that comic book for a million dollars and then disappear?" That's a sucker's wager, seeing as how Comic Book John never leaves that room.

Perhaps I'm forgetting a detail here, but why exactly does he get any of the money? I get that she sold him a big batch of comic books in the past, but this one was accidentally left out and so it was not in that batch, yes? She owns it free and clear. It might be reasonable to charge some kind of broker's fee for selling it for her, but 50% of a book likely to be worth thousands of dollars seems... excessive.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alhazred posted:

There really is a norwegian christmas cookie called sand cookie. It's dry and crumbly and no one really like it, but it's traditional !

Sounds like something I'd like.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/8-10/40

After Slim was okay with the results I thought it was kind of nice that the joke wasn't cruel but i guess there's that pay off now

That aside it is incredible how ISON just gives no breathing room. you get like a 2 week story at most and then the current story doesnt even end before the next one starts up and hits the ground running (to the tracks, to save the child)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Arlo got a boner

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A Very Special Gil Thorp on vaping.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Medenmath posted:

Yay! :neckbeard:

I love the hat

Vintage Valiant (May 15, 1955)

Pierre is going to kill the Queen of the Pechenegs!

How is the ability to turn invisible going help Scarlet now!

Hempuli posted:

Don't worry, Jarla regularly pokes fun at the people bitching about The Wokes; the participants on the Fragility Track are the butt of the joke

E: example of Fingerpori making fun of the fragility of fascists:

Fun fact: The Nazi's really did hate the term Nazi which is why we should keep calling them Nazi's.
They didn't much care for Blitzkrieg either.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/8-10/49

Archie 4/15-17/46

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Why don't they make the entire plane out of the black box material!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dickey Mouse

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Hostile V posted:

Dickey Mouse

why does it smell like piss

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
of all the stupid poo poo in K&K, and nearly all of it is, I do not understand why the titled couple is so loving special when almost EVERY COUPLE IN THIS STRIP IS PREY/PREDATOR.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks is just switched to grayscale at this point in the GoComics archives, I guess.

Retail is down again.

Popcom

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Feb 3, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 26-27, 1992)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

I like Randy and I like that he's doing Popeye but that is an S*P strip with the character designs switched out

The depiction of Pappy in modern Popeye always has me scratching my head a bit because yeah, he was a jerk, but he only ever even had the opportunity to be a jerk because Popeye kept dragging him along on his adventures. Pappy demanding attention from Popeye, and Popeye getting mad at him for demanding attention, are both really out of character.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

The depiction of Pappy in modern Popeye always has me scratching my head a bit because yeah, he was a jerk, but he only ever even had the opportunity to be a jerk because Popeye kept dragging him along on his adventures. Pappy demanding attention from Popeye, and Popeye getting mad at him for demanding attention, are both really out of character.

That comic always felt to me like a generic 2010s webcomic that's been dressed up in a Popeye costume in order to monetize it.

The writer likes referencing the old strip, but they have no interest in all for the characters.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (May 28-30, 1923)

Toonerville Trolley (August 2-4, 1920)

The 1920 America's Cup race was scheduled to run in 1914, but a few things came up in Europe.

Dok's "All Tuckered Out From A Lack Of Rowdyism" Duck (July 19, 1914)

Little Lefty (November 29-December 1, 1937)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 21, 2023

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rough chuckles

Pardon my Achewood ref

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 26-27, 1992)

I don't know if it's still there, but the Carnegie Science Museum in Pittsburgh had a functioning ATM with clear plexiglass (?) sides so you could see the inner workings. I took $20 out just to watch it do its thing. :)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 17, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

I can find 3...

everyone wear hats now fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 21, 2023

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

everyone wear hats now posted:

The Creeps

I can find 3...
I managed 4. the sun, the clock, the pencil and the eyes

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Poil posted:

I managed 4. the sun, the clock, the pencil and the eyes

Found a 5th: Big Creep has two stripes on the side of his pants in the first image, but only one in the second.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Solution for the cheaters: https://imgur.com/a/3LtZ9OU
there's 5, unless you count eyes or clock hands separately

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SuperKlaus posted:

Samovar, do you have an album of all the Blueberrys you've posted over time? I don't want to have to comb old threads 4 ur posts

And why should I make things easy for you? (Be careful with that last link, it has some pics I've not uploaded yet! I'm always happy to help out someone who's liking the work)

Seeing Janis needing to be on tip-toes is a cute details.

Anyways, in today's slightly late Blueberry: God, I love Gir's art, y'know?, or Campbell's not ONLY a foppish fool, or They got headed off at the pass!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

EasyEW posted:

Dok's "All Tuckered Out From A Lack Of Rowdyism" Duck (July 19, 1914)

The Overboard Octopus' Oncester.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/20/03

Stephen Collins is political this week.

Brenda Starr 4/2/50

Smokey Stover 6/22/52

Everyday Movies 1/8/36

"Listen, Tim, Brady's a dollar short in his pay envelope again."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/12-14/40

And the goat is presumably turned into biryani by the train, but oh well.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

How do you gently caress up drawing a catalog so badly it looks more like an ice cream sandwich?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pancho Jueves posted:

How do you gently caress up drawing a catalog so badly it looks more like an ice cream sandwich?

Overboard's depictions are more correct than the real world.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Once you go dry, you never say bye?

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Powered Descent posted:

Bizarro

Once you go dry, you never say bye?

Is the lungfish making a pass at the tiger? Is that the joke?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

B. Virtanen

ANSU

Fingerpori

The saying is pretty much literally that in Finnish; there isn't a pun there. "Hazel grouse" is "pyy" in Finnish, which is easy and fun to say, which possibly explain why it's used in the saying??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 22, 1955)