Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

regardless how you feel about the wrestlers they make themes for ala fale & yujiro but everything they do is a straight banger for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

but it’s also funny that by the time this came out bc has no titles 4/4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drink every time you hear BULLET

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

shortest drinking game ever you’re dead by 0:30

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
First time it has happened since New Japan returned to AXS.

https://twitter.com/TrishSpeirs48/status/1615430501598101504

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Now I'm not sure of the full technicalities but I think legally that means that New Japan owns AXS now, right?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat Kenny's a draw hes cleaning up them ratings

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apologies for the promoting, but just a reminder to please take a look at the Top Ten Wrestlers for 2022 thread and put in a list of your own if you haven't already!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW announced Sakura Genesis as cheering already

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1615976384610045952?s=46&t=wEoYq7KOo6ubXpi8IzG4zA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for our european friends who cant find the tweet its also listed as Sakura MegaDrive

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Glad the rumors were untrue

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1615736862550663169

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahem. (Not) Go(ing), ACE!

JOHN CENA posted:

for our european friends who cant find the tweet its also listed as Sakura MegaDrive

Oh you :unsmith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Drive is such a better name than Genesis.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm just now learning that the Mega Drive and Genesis were not two different consoles

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm just now learning that the Mega Drive and Genesis were not two different consoles

It's been 30 years :psyduck:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

What's next finding out the PC Engine wasn't a PC but a console?!?!?!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

What's next finding out the PC Engine wasn't a PC but a console?!?!?!

I was very surprised when I found that out in 1998, but that was because the PC Engine was a name that existed solely in magazines (or specifically a cheatbook I got free with a magazine one time)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I only found out a couple of years ago and it blew my goddamn mind.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was a Nintendo 64 kid before moving to Ps2. Anything else may as well have been a different language for all I understood it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I was a Nintendo 64 kid before moving to Ps2. Anything else may as well have been a different language for all I understood it

Goddamn babies out here. drat.

My first console was a Master System with built in Sonic The Hedgehog.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Master System 2 with built in Alex the Kid in Miracle World, later my sister's boyfriend showed up with a blank Sega Cartridge and said,"I have no idea what's on this?" so we plugged it in and it was Sonic the Hedgehog!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I could never beat the rock-paper-scissors on Alex the Kidd gently caress that game

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Grew up with a Mega Drive v. 2 and a Super Famicom. I didn't even realise it was called "Genesis" for years.

Mind you, I didn't even own any consoles until I got a PS4 and a Switch.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What really blew my mind is that the American SNES looks like poo poo compared to the PAL Super NES.

Bummed i'm out of town for WK on the weekend, I love how watchable NJPW is all the time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

algebra testes posted:

What really blew my mind is that the American SNES looks like poo poo compared to the PAL Super NES.

Bummed i'm out of town for WK on the weekend, I love how watchable NJPW is all the time.

Just googled it, and the PAL Super NES is the Super Family Computer, only with "Super Famicom" replaced with the Super NES branding. The American one is incredibly blocky, and I remember being surprised by how ugly the American one looked compared to my sleek and beautiful Super Famicom.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait America got a different SNES? :psyduck:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

My Master system only had Snail Maze built in :(

But my first console was the Intellvision and lol those controllers but it doesn't deserve it's current fate of having it's name associated with Tommy Tallarico :(

Anyway who's ready to watch Kenoh explode this weekend and try to kick Naito's head off!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Wait America got a different SNES? :psyduck:

Yep.

And this is what the Super Famicom cartridges looked like.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hosed.

Up.

edogawa rando posted:

And this is what the Super Famicom cartridges looked like.

That's what PAL cartridges look like too. Surely it's the same in America right? Right? :ohdear:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the console in the other markets did look better wonder they changed it

design of the cartridge was a little different but not that radical of a change. did the notches change on the ones in the rest of the world as well a few years in?

ver 1

ver 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
America is a sick place

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's very funny because you can tell Nintendo of America were scared people wouldn't recognise it if it didn't look more like the NES.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

It's very funny because you can tell Nintendo of America were scared people wouldn't recognise it if it didn't look more like the NES.

neither really looked like the nes at the time of the snes release tho. the top loader nes that looked like the us snes only came later

from what i've read they basically wanted it to look like a vcr as video game consoles had a bad rep due to the early 80s crash

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The SNES is such a weird design as they didn't need to change the look as gaming rebounded from the 80's crash and the look itself wasn't that great. But it's still not the worst US console redesign that is the Turbografix 16 and it's wasted space. The PC Engine is so much smaller and better looking

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The SNES is much more beautiful in America but people are scared of the color purple (toxic masculinity.) The same thing happened with the Gamecube.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The SNES is much more beautiful in America but people are scared of the color purple (toxic masculinity.) The same thing happened with the Gamecube.

SNES is the better color scheme but the Famicom has a much better body design. A synthesis of the two would be beautiful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1616590886074290178?s=20

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not gonna lie to you, that Kaito/Okada pull apart brawl is the tightest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

NienNunb posted:

Not gonna lie to you, that Kaito/Okada pull apart brawl is the tightest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

just saw it and yeah it rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

yea i thought there would be more posts didn’t they just do night 2? was it dope