Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Now make Robo-Cornette speak Penguin Patrol's posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
nvm lol

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 21, 2022

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
necroing to share the amusing opinion Jim had that the Acclaimed/Karen Jarrett stuff is a shoot because if it was an angle it would be better due to Jeff Jarrett being involved in booking it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

necroing to share the amusing opinion Jim had that the Acclaimed/Karen Jarrett stuff is a shoot because if it was an angle it would be better due to Jeff Jarrett being involved in booking it

Max Caster shoot ankle locked Double J.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Cornette reviewed Vince Russo's first writing piece for WRESTLECRAP.COM.

"What Didn't You Understand About Beaver Cleavage?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9jMeavRQc

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

not Cornette, but some weirdos who have opinions who are just as bad-

who the hell are the guys with the “Super Fun Wrestling Time” YouTube channel? they just went off on the Daniel Garcia kicking a dude at PWG thing and featured one of my tweets about it in the video.

Maybe I’m supposed to be insulted or whatever but my reaction is mostly “drat, my profile pic is cute” after they featured it for a while lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the escape goat posted:

not Cornette, but some weirdos who have opinions who are just as bad-

who the hell are the guys with the “Super Fun Wrestling Time” YouTube channel? they just went off on the Daniel Garcia kicking a dude at PWG thing and featured one of my tweets about it in the video.

Maybe I’m supposed to be insulted or whatever but my reaction is mostly “drat, my profile pic is cute” after they featured it for a while lol

charge them $500 for using your tweets.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

charge them $500 for using your tweets.

I honestly get a bit bummed after watching it

not because my feelings were hurt, but by the sudden realization that I’ve been an absolute hater for FREE when I coulda tried to monetize it by now somehow.

fell into the trap of working for exposure smdh

are there loads of channels like this? I don’t venture into wrestling discourse outside of the forums, f4w, or my (extremely) curated twitter follows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Im just saying $500 because it’s not enough to chase legally but small enough if you bitch hard enough they’ll come through.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Wrestlecrap fell off hard years ago.

But what do you expect, from the guys whose "tribute" to Ashley Massaro was the song 'T***** In The Centrefold'

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Wrestlecrap fell off hard years ago.

But what do you expect, from the guys whose "tribute" to Ashley Massaro was the song 'T***** In The Centrefold'

That's gross.

I remember the book in the early 00's, had no idea there was a website. There's no way the site deserves traffic, Russo should not be encouraged to write his own shopping list nevermind a defence of his worst booking ideas.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1615043888837963777?t=8Kj5GNOf6kR3vhDzEsj1gw&s=19

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

why isn't jim complaining about MJF killing his gimmick by posting affirmation seeking workout videos from grody public gyms

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bad advice, just look at Dennis Stamp.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Doesn't Corny know that wrestling is a cardio business?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Cornette talking about the Briscoes - some stories from when they were teenagers up through the years. The term "puppies with big paws" term is very endearing, used to describe them when they were starting and didn't have a look/etc; but people could see they'd grow into it. I didn't realise they turned down flights, etc, so they could drive to shows with the whole family - and Papa Briscoe in an angle sounds a great memory for all of them.

If you want to avoid him getting too nuts, just skip forward when he starts talking about the other driver and later on about the TV executive who wouldn't let Dynamite show highlights of the Briscoes on Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTJZGLJQ84

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Listened to this all the way through and I have to say when Corny’s brand of white hot hate is targeted at an appropriate target, it’s fantastic. Everything he said about the petty rear end coward exec was true and then some. He then basically told his internet followers to hunt down information on who it is, so maybe IDK you shoulda let the good wrasslin company run a tribute show to a dead colleague with two kids in the hospital, who was evidently beloved by both his community and the gayest wrestler who ever lived.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

Listened to this all the way through and I have to say when Corny’s brand of white hot hate is targeted at an appropriate target, it’s fantastic. Everything he said about the petty rear end coward exec was true and then some. He then basically told his internet followers to hunt down information on who it is, so maybe IDK you shoulda let the good wrasslin company run a tribute show to a dead colleague with two kids in the hospital, who was evidently beloved by both his community and the gayest wrestler who ever lived.

I personally wouldn't call sending his hate mob out to doxx someone regardless of how much of an rear end in a top hat decision they took "fantastic".

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

encouraging your fans to start harassing someone while admittedly having no way to correctly identify if they've got the right guy seem like a bad idea to me, personally

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And Cornette would've agreed 100% with the decision not to air a tribute if it had been someone he hated who died

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

It's a very human response, I connected to it same as yourself. I'm not sure if, in the cold light of day, he'd actually reveal a name and contact information of the person who laid that law down - but I get being that angry about it. Talking about Mike Tyson and the slap fight Dana White thing in connection to it was well weaved into that rant.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i thought it was really humanizing when jim cornette said he hoped that Orange Cassidy would catch his feet on the ropes during a suicide dive, but he wasn't sure if he "would like to see his neck go sideways or just have his brains spill out"

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i thought it was really humanizing when jim cornette said he hoped that Orange Cassidy would catch his feet on the ropes during a suicide dive, but he wasn't sure if he "would like to see his neck go sideways or just have his brains spill out"

So I'm not supposed to take some heart from his stories and thoughts around Jay Briscoe - a guy who died less than a week ago taking his kids to cheerleading practice - because he once did a OTT comedy bit about OC?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

The Hausu Usher posted:

So I'm not supposed to take some heart from his stories and thoughts around Jay Briscoe - a guy who died less than a week ago taking his kids to cheerleading practice - because he once did a OTT comedy bit about OC?

I think the point he was going for is that it is tremendously garbage to say a wrestler should die because you don't like how they wrestle. He also says incredibly hateful things about women and LGBTQ people regularly.

These things seem to indicate he only cares about some people, which is actually pretty human, but also incredible disheartening

Also you can have feelings and emotions and care but still be a lovely person 99% of the time

Basically

And

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?t=7lIHjnensnD8-faSVEWAHA&s=19

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Hausu Usher posted:

you can do whatever you want

this thread is 51 pages detailing how cornette has called people pedophiles because he doesn't like how they wrestle, been extremely racist towards joshi wrestlers, wished death on multiple people in a profession known for people dying early, was so racist against arabs that his co host quit, said women don't belong in the main event, said a woman shouldn't be on tv because she's a "butterface", complimented grizzly smith, who was a monster who raped his daughter, on multiple occasions, got extremely mad a cartoon dog died and then took credit for bringing him back, assaulted his coworker and then called the cops on said coworker when they got in his face at a con, was so unhinged about vince russo russo was granted a restraining order against him which he then released to the public (this was kinda funny ngl), said they should lean into the fact nyla rose is trans and have women refuse to wrestle her because she's actually a man, and once poo poo himself on commentary from drinking too much sprite

calling something a "human response" aint landing well no matter how well intentioned it was

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Hausu Usher posted:

if you think really hard you might be able to figure out why lots of people are grieving but only one person is saying hey this one guy isn't sufficiently sad enough, let's get together and track down his name and home address to give him a piece of our mind

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

little munchkin posted:

if you think really hard you might be able to figure out why lots of people are grieving but only one person is saying hey this one guy isn't sufficiently sad enough, let's get together and track down his name and home address to give him a piece of our mind

He wasn't angry about someone "not being sad enough", he was talking about the TV executive who told Tony Khan he couldn't do a memorial show for Jay Briscoe on Wednesday.

I thought this was the right place to post that video, something that made me enjoy remembering Jay - but obviously not. I'm not really in the mood to argue, loving whatever.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

From the jump you can hear the venom in his voice that the other driver was a woman

As always, gently caress Jim Cornette

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

He wasn't angry about someone "not being sad enough", he was talking about the TV executive who told Tony Khan he couldn't do a memorial show for Jay Briscoe on Wednesday.

I thought this was the right place to post that video, something that made me enjoy remembering Jay - but obviously not. I'm not really in the mood to argue, loving whatever.

You should realise that the majority of people here including myself aren't fond of the man for many reasons and this is why he is quarantined to his own thread. The issue most of us are having isn't to do with him being upset that WBD didn't allow them to do a tribute show, but instead that he feels it's acceptable or appropriate to send a mob after someone because of it and it just paints him further as a hateful person that is hard to sympathise with.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Before this Jim was certain it was the Bucks keeping the Briscoes off AEW and his minions were running around blaming them for there being no tribute show. It's nice that he has shifted their focus toward vigilante justice against Random WBD Exec, who I'm sure they will go to great lengths to verify is responsible before harassing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

No, feel free to listen to human garbage talk about whatever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you wanna do mob poo poo, you do it yourself. Haven't you played any of the Mafia games?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

The Hausu Usher posted:

Respond to all the other stuff that was said about Corny lol

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if I catch any of you doing mob poo poo I'll sue

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Mob posted:

if I catch any of you doing mob poo poo I'll sue

STEPHEN P NEW
STEPHEN P NEW
STEPHEN P NEW
STEPHEN P NEW

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Respond to all the other stuff that was said about Corny lol

lol!

I can say that he has said things I don't like since I've started listening to him, he's put things in crappy ways or went over the top, and it's been off-putting, but I don't agree his show is hate-fuelled edgy anti-woke fare. He's far from the show made by incels linked by someone earlier because they quoted their Twitter - he's legit a wrestling star, a historian and fan. His appearances on Tales From the Territory or Dark Side of the Ring are testament to that. He's also gone on hilarious venom rants against republicans, gun-nuts and religious zealots on his show; and I've found it very entertaining. I don't really take it seriously when he jokes about some tv stars getting hurt or goes psycho talking about indie spots. I've said similar things about TERFs and Tories, I don't expect to be put in online jail for it. I also don't have a para-social relationship with the people he is taking swipes at, I don't think they or their fans should take it personally.

Do I think he's said misogynistic or racist things - yes. It's been posted ITT. Do I think he IS all of those things? I would skip his content if I did. I also think the main thing a lot of people find him guilty of is not supporting AEW. If Cornette was a champion of AEW a lot of what he's blurted out would have been forgotten about just like what happens when it comes to progressive arguments against Chris Jericho, Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks and Tony Khan. There's absolutely no drive to bring up their dodgy politics, actions or friendships/relations every time their name comes up - this place would suck if there was. I especially would be surprised if these things were brought up in the context of a tribute about someone they know who died within the very same week.

I spent the last week thinking about Jay, this bit popped up on my YT playlist I roll when I play chill games, and it made me feel better. To see a bunch of weird hang-ups people have already stated a hundred times in this thread was a bit saddening when I opened it up again.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If Jim Cornette loved everything about AEW but still constantly called Kenny Omega a pedophile and referred to adult Japanese women as school children fetish objects I would still dislike him and bring that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Coming into my Cornman quarantine thread to espouse one's love for him is quite the mood.