Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
actually, no i won't doxx myself

Lets just say I know Rep Harrison and he's a chip off the old block

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Making all of those UT provosts and presidents get down LOW...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is the governor's compensation also set by a dumb, hard constitutional limit like state legislators? If not, why wouldn't they just pay the governor more?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They ain't paying the governor SEC coach money

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
https://www.kxxv.com/news/in-depth/kisd-teacher-fired-after-assigning-students-worksheets-filled-with-racial-slurs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the sky is going to blend with the robot body you morons

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
This poo poo is like a middle school kid filling out mad libs with the dumbest poo poo and feeling fulfilled.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Ah, ok, that’s what happened. The article I originally saw about this earlier today gave absolutely no details about what the assignment was, just quotes from people saying whatever it was was bad. Had no idea if it was conservative nonsense or a legit bad thing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You should click through, the other pictures are even wilder.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
Pretty hosed up, but man, that definition match one was just lazy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

.....but why did the student who took the picture even fill it out?

Also was this just a massive middle finger on this teacher's way out? There's no way this rear end in a top hat thought they could even get close to getting away with it.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

chglcu posted:

Pretty hosed up, but man, that definition match one was just lazy.

It's all the same words too, lazy as hell.

It's gotta be a 70+ yr old white guy with one foot in the grave, right? How else do you pull the trigger on something like this without giving a gently caress.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

There are a lot of websites that will autogenerate busywork worksheets like this from just a list of words or whatever. With the teacher shortage this year, the state massively reduced requirements for provisional teacher certifications and they did note this teacher was hired this year. I could believe anything from this was a really dumb idea from
someone ill-prepared to teach who was tired of the language their students were using and somehow thought this would help or punish them to some sort of malice.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I was certain the K was going to be Keller at first

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Dameius posted:

You should click through, the other pictures are even wilder.

Can't decide if I'm more enraged by the worksheets or the person who wrote "your a...." 10 times.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

IT BURNS posted:

Can't decide if I'm more enraged by the worksheets or the person who wrote "your a...." 10 times.

i don't think you need to get mad at a middle school kid making a grammar mistake

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my last spelling error was in 1993 and I've never forgiven myself

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

i say swears online posted:

My last spelling error was in 1993 and I've never forgiven myself.

FTFY

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i don't think you need to get mad at a middle school kid making a grammar mistake

The decline of civilization in one post...

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

my last spelling error was in 1993 and I've never forgiven myself

Technically those are grammar mistakes, not spelling.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

deliberately double-tapping the auto caps button while phoneposting to maintain the aesthetic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

now this is how it's done

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1617318243043086337

oof

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:whitewater:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

He's gotta be unelectable after this

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

jaegerx posted:

I wish

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jaegerx posted:

?????????????

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

If anything, it pisses off Jerruh to the point where he contributes..... less?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://defector.com/cowboys-mike-mccarthy-on-bizarre-hilarious-final-play-that-wasnt-the-plan

Such delicious tears to drink from all my Cowboys worshiping family members. Along with being able to hear my neighbors groan and wail. Gives me life and reason to be. :sickos:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

The correct response is "I swear, I can govern as good as the Texas governor but you don't see me being a dick about it."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mmmhmmm

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

mmmhmmm

I feel like "personal hauling" to some people is equivalent to taking your kids to school/soccer practice. Can't put anything in the bed because you might scratch it!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Would love to see stats on who actually goes for a pleasure drive these days. High schoolers don’t count.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my friend puts like 20k miles a year on his new $130,000 porsche, about half just driving around doing nothing

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Democratic Pirate posted:

Would love to see stats on who actually goes for a pleasure drive these days. High schoolers don’t count.

The only pleasure drive I could ever see myself doing is renting a convertable and driving the 1 from San Francisco to Seattle along the coast. Texas driving is boring as hell until you get to the northwest where there's tumbleweeds and hills. Even then, that novelty lasts for at most an hour.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1617587287528992769

I feel like you could get away with the stuff that's directly linked to a foreign government but the prohibition on private citizens purchasing property is insane. Tons of immigrants move here to start businesses, (well, probably not from North Korea) I'm not sure what percentage are from China, Iran, or Russia but it's some.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

obviously y'all don't have a girlfriend with them painted on jeans to cruise the country roads with you in your trucks

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

hawowanlawow posted:

obviously y'all don't have a girlfriend with them painted on jeans to cruise the country roads with you in your trucks

I have a wife that doesn't like to wear pants in the house. Why on earth would I take her on a car ride where she'd have to put pants on?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

poemdexter posted:

I have a wife that doesn't like to wear pants in the house. Why on earth would I take her on a car ride where she'd have to put pants on?

so she can sing along with the radio and roll the windows down and feel the summer breeze going through that long blonde hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

poemdexter posted:

The only pleasure drive I could ever see myself doing is renting a convertable and driving the 1 from San Francisco to Seattle along the coast. Texas driving is boring as hell until you get to the northwest where there's tumbleweeds and hills. Even then, that novelty lasts for at most an hour.

people talk about the amalfi coast being the best joyride route but i hit a similar stretch of coast in el salvador that arc'd up along cliffs and diving back into forest with a snake pattern for like fifty miles