Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

When I did it a few years ago I watched DBZ Kai.

I figured out why my fast forward on Steam Deck wasn't working (Steam Deck has a built in frame limiter which it doesn't tell you about lol), turned that off and now I am at 3x speed. So Kai level of grinding rather than original DBZ level, which is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's taken me an hour to get from level 55 to 60 doing this, how are people getting to level 70 or whatever without going insane

if you grind for the op stuff in clear #1 like you can one shot every enemy group. then just sit and watch discovery plus shows with your wife until youre in the 80s. it would be very painful otherwise, either without auto soma or without a wife who loves trash television

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if i try to grind without auto-soma or a wife who loves trash television will you die?

it will be extremely painful. for you.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

i loaded up slimon in an old map to test him out.
when moving, he's in ball form

but when standing still, he morphs into a guy with a looping animation scratching his rear end

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

if i try to grind without auto-soma or a wife who loves trash television will you die?

it will be extremely painful. for you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What is a “big guy”? I do not comprehend.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What is a “big guy”? I do not comprehend.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mbt posted:

but when standing still, he morphs into a guy with a looping animation scratching his rear end

slime before accepting puff puff/slime after accepting puff puff

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's taken me an hour to get from level 55 to 60 doing this, how are people getting to level 70 or whatever without going insane

I watched public domain movies on twitch while running up and down the tunnel. I also left because I realized I hadn't killed King Frost and gotten his mantra which would help with the Arahabaki, so I came back and did more after that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

if you grind for the op stuff in clear #1 like you can one shot every enemy group. then just sit and watch discovery plus shows with your wife until youre in the 80s. it would be very painful otherwise, either without auto soma or without a wife who loves trash television

I actually had a dream last night that i realised the DDS narrator was the extremely irritating commentator on Love Island so I suppose I had subconsciously accepted this already

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mbt posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mbt posted:

Nicest guy etc.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Defeat Metatron

: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts
: Defeat Huang Long

: Beat the game

I had a lot of fun but I've only got one more day off before the deadline so I'm just going to hold on to my save file for maybe Impmas to try new game plus.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

: Defeat Cerberus

not too late to the party. thought i was overleveled after dealing consistent 600 dmg bufudynes on him, only for him to nearly beat me to a pulp once two heads were out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I only just finished the boat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

went a tiny bit overboard this weekend

goodbye titania hallway

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I had a lot of fun but I've only got one more day off before the deadline so I'm just going to hold on to my save file for maybe Impmas to try new game plus.

nicely done!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

went a tiny bit overboard this weekend

goodbye titania hallway

lol goddamn

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

goodbye titania hallway

elton john voice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

elton john voice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What is “hunting the horny back toad”? I do not comprehend.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

elton john voice

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

Overlevelled for this guy I think, pretty easy to just brute force him other than a surprise death to Death Flies. No I don't know why I didn't factor in that he would probably use his unique signature move.

lol that Metatron in this game is just some dude skulking around an abandoned house who attacks you due to a case of mistaken identity. I was wondering how he would fit into the game and I guess the answer is that he doesn't really. I guess the point is that everyone just turns into a random SMT demon depending on their personality or whatever, I think Beelzebub kind of fits without too much stretching, but at the point where one of those is Metatron it feels like it's getting into Persona territory.

: Something Followed

Huang Long was actually pretty tough, as you'd expect from the hardest optional boss that's aimed at somewhat sane people. Celestial Ray kept wiping out Serph for some reason - I guess because he only has about 30 magic? - but we managed eventually. Salvation and him casting normal elemental magic and wasting turns came in clutch.

Probably finish the game off tonight, imagine the final boss will probably be a straightforward victory lap after doing all the side stuff.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

: Something Followed

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh that was right there I guess.

Man I would have been pissed if I'd seen that non ending at release and had to wait for the second game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the 2nd game came out like 9 months later so it probably would have been pretty hype. Long enough that you could burn through a NG+ replay a couple weeks before release of the epic conclusion.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tried demi-fiend a couple times so far, this fight is loving awesome. Gotta take care of a few things tonight but afterwards I'm gonna marathon it

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

not a trophy, but i decided to go beat king frost

fun fight, looking forward to the other optional bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If I had remembered the game better I would have tried to include him and orochi. oh well

Clawmydia
Jan 1, 2023

: Defeat the Demi-Fiend (PLATINUM)

So my estimations were off while running through NG+, leaving Gale and Argilla with less than max agility, and I had no will to grind quick noises after trying fruitlessly for a couple hours. It took a lot of tries, but the red star strategy worked out when I won the dormina coin flip and didn't otherwise beef it. One particularly frustrating attempt was when arahabaki cast dekunda, freeing pixie up to use recarmdra. Overall, I'm kind of pissed and sleep deprived, but it's over, and the game was still excellent, and now I'll have a perfect save file for DDS2.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Clawmydia posted:

So my estimations were off while running through NG+, leaving Gale and Argilla with less than max agility, and I had no will to grind quick noises after trying fruitlessly for a couple hours. It took a lot of tries, but the red star strategy worked out when I won the dormina coin flip and didn't otherwise beef it. One particularly frustrating attempt was when arahabaki cast dekunda, freeing pixie up to use recarmdra. Overall, I'm kind of pissed and sleep deprived, but it's over, and the game was still excellent, and now I'll have a perfect save file for DDS2.

:stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Clawmydia posted:

drat dude

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Clawmydia posted:

well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Clawmydia posted:

Lmao that playtime. Good poo poo