Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hello I have finally watched all of Bocchi and then immediately listened to all the songs on Spotify and all of them are absolute hits.

If I could be a constellation is my favorite. Don't know how to put into exact words since I'm not huge into music terminology, but the opening instrumentation is dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Honestly Loneliness and the Blue Planet is probably my favourite, but Sessyion Complex and Never Forget are also pretty good; especially the way Kita says "Nankai" is really endearing.

Seriously look at it, and the way the animators animate it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ7vsLY3zmg :unsmith:

In general especially since I don't understand most Japanese I go for catchy lyrics and those three songs stand out in my mind; I can't sing along but I really want to.

Oh and "That Band" as well but specifically for Bocchi's anime-only solo, I downloaded/found one that edited it in.

Can't wait for Hiroi's song to come out eventually, that one I'm hype for.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah that one in particular is my absolute fave, I love it. I like how they cheekily add a "Hitori Gotoh" pun in the lyrics :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Azran posted:

Yeah that one in particular is my absolute fave, I love it. I like how they cheekily add a "Hitori Gotoh" pun in the lyrics :v:

Did they? Can you elaborate? :D

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
this show was really really great. what an unexpected hit, for absolutely no reason. 10/10

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did they? Can you elaborate? :D

彗星みたい 流れるひとりごと

The highlighted bit would be read 'hitorigoto', which means soliloquy / speaking to yourself. Bocchi's name is gotoh with a long 'to' sound (とう), rather than the short one in hitorigoto (と)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I know it's mostly becuase of "but I want it now" but I'm surprised there's been no talk of a second season or the show/manga getting licensed.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

There obviously needs to be a Bocchi/Guitar Hero crossover arcade game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Popo posted:

I know it's mostly becuase of "but I want it now" but I'm surprised there's been no talk of a second season or the show/manga getting licensed.

as mentioned, a second season seems decently likely given that this was a huge hit and the manga is active. however, the team that made this is very busy, their previous show (dress-up darling) already got a season 2 booked and it's possible they also had another new show booked besides that as well, so they're not gonna announce bocchi season 2 right away if it's gonna be 2 or 3 years before it can happen

it's reasons like this why you commonly see shows get a staff/studio change between seasons, but for this one it obviously has to be the same people

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The staff loves the manga and I think the manga author probably really likes this adaptation so they probably are going to wait for the studio to be free. Plus more manga built up and Poison Yami needs build up time

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Popo posted:

Licensing deals take a bit, so it may be a while before someone brings it over; iirc, it wasn't really on the radar before the anime?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The manga is 100% going to get picked up when con season starts going at the latest

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 38: it's theme park time.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
So for similar reasons does anyone have the isolated Bocchi laugh from the end of the group photo episode and what do y'all think the best ringtone song is?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mons Hubris posted:

There obviously needs to be a Bocchi/Guitar Hero crossover arcade game.

I just want actual crossover guitars like how you can buy a BECK telecaster

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Buschmaki posted:

I just want actual crossover guitars like how you can buy a BECK telecaster

the second you can get kita's lp junior i'm whipping out the credit card

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

you like bocchi chapters? well how about six more of them?!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kidcoelacanth posted:

:eyepop:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Theres more now

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Not only do you have to plan out a new season, you also have to make a second album.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seeing a mentos/Coke gag in a Manga time Kirara comic in 2023 is super funny

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Oh my goodness, Bocchi looked at the audience! She spoke on stage!

Also I assumed a whole volume appearing at once was just going to be some machine translated speed scans stuff but it seems really good. I guess they've just been getting it ready while the other group finished volume 3.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love the balance of progression and hangout chapters, it’s the perfect balance to keep it from getting stale. I love that “Kita gets stir-crazy when she’s kept from doing teenage girl things” is an excuse for multiple of the latter too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bocchi is good

Extreme.ly good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

our cup runneth over... truly, a bocchi bounty..

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Really enjoyed Nijika completely missing all of Yoyoko's completely unsubtle hints that's she wants Kessoku Band to support Sideros on their tour, because Yoyoko is too in her own head to just ask her normally.

Also interesting to learn that Japanese people learn to drive in custom built driving centres instead of just going around normal streets with an instructor.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think they have those in both the US and Canada as well, it just depends.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I learned traffic safety for bicycles in a custom built driving center many years ago. So they do exist in the States, but they're not widespread.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It's more common for motorcycle safety training in the U.S. because you can really gently caress yourself up (plus no room for an instructor to assist).

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

PA-san is a vtuber huh :allears:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I want the Hiroi's Booze revooze channel....

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the thing about this series that rules is that everyone's actually a huge loser

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

kidcoelacanth posted:

the thing about this series that rules is that everyone's actually a huge loser

It's a charming and well done bit of interconnected messaging. Not only are Bocchi's fears and anxieties overblown and never as bad as she imagines them to be, everyone else is nowhere near as together and with it and successful and cool as she contrasts them as being.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Also I assumed a whole volume appearing at once was just going to be some machine translated speed scans stuff but it seems really good. I guess they've just been getting it ready while the other group finished volume 3.

As a note, while the two groups were in touch about this (so it's not a snipe), the usual group is going to be doing their own translation of volume 4, as well as being the one doing volume 5.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I just saw a YT comment that pointed out that JimiHen the dog is named after Jimi Hendrix and I can’t believe I didn’t get that until just now

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I love how Japanese names are always so literal.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
so I downloaded some of the kessoku bando songs on rocksmith and while I fully know and acknowledge that I suck I didn't expect some japanese schoolgirls to kick my rear end so bad

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The guitarist that writes goto's part is the guitarist for perhaps the biggest artist currently active in japan if that makes you feel better

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What band?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

January 6 Survivor posted:

so I downloaded some of the kessoku bando songs on rocksmith and while I fully know and acknowledge that I suck I didn't expect some japanese schoolgirls to kick my rear end so bad

She's supposed to have practiced for 6 hours a day for 2 years, so....