Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got Yaoyao off the banner, so now I'm not sure who I should pick from the event. Yanfei is the last Liyue 4-star I haven't collected, and she's not that exciting. I guess the realest options are Yaoyao C1, Xiangling C3 and Xingqiu C3... though I might end up maxing out Xingqiu when I roll for Yelan anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id just get yanfei for completion's sake. as the game goes on there'll be more and more 4*s which means you're less likely to randomly get her later/have her be on a banner you were gonna roll.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I appreciate every version of this premise

https://twitter.com/ruebirds/status/1615468801478520832

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have been working at slowly collecting fungal spores to ascend Nahida for months now, until I finally got so fed up that I looked up information about farming them.

Today I learned that you're not supposed to use certain elements on those mushrooms.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they warn you about this all of once in a very skippable tutorial popup and then it can screw you over for ages if you dont realize it. bizarre game design

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it'd be way more tolerable if the burnt mushroom bits were also character upgrades and more or less evenly distributed, instead of, like, "gently caress you, here's some mats for a small subset of 4-star weapons that you'll probably never use, how dare you use anything but Nilou Bloom Team"

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

It'd also be tolerable if you could convert the different versions into each other, but no, we just have to suffer with avoiding most of the elemental reactions in the game as we farm drops.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Paimon’s bargains help take the edge off.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

honestly im just surprised there's not a conversion for em already, like 4:1 or something

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it'd be way more tolerable if the burnt mushroom bits were also character upgrades and more or less evenly distributed, instead of, like, "gently caress you, here's some mats for a small subset of 4-star weapons that you'll probably never use, how dare you use anything but Nilou Bloom Team"

one of the reasons the sumeru forest is the worst region in the game

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Scoss posted:

I have been working at slowly collecting fungal spores to ascend Nahida for months now, until I finally got so fed up that I looked up information about farming them.

Today I learned that you're not supposed to use certain elements on those mushrooms.

Learned this the hard way too,

I'm now sitting on
102-329-1786 of the 3 weapon upgrades
but only
22-52-171 of the upgrade shrooms i need...

I usually have Diluc on my team, so i burned every shroom i got over...

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Scoss posted:

Once again, another problem solved by Ganyu!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

padijun posted:

one of the reasons the sumeru forest is the worst region in the game

it really is

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scoss posted:

This happened to me. I had Electro in my main Sumeru exploration team and then realized all the stuff I had been getting is useless.

I'm finally in a pretty good state now, after changing my overworld team to Hydro/Dendro (or more recently "Wanderer but I don't use Bennett if the enemies are shrooms").

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Learning that was another reason rolling for Itto felt like a good decision

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I deeply appreciate that Alhaitham's promotion material is a greasy worm. The picture of traveler picking up a dirty sand pupae pod and saying, "yep, that's essence of Alhaitham right there" is delightful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

This happened to me. I had Electro in my main Sumeru exploration team and then realized all the stuff I had been getting is useless.

I'm finally in a pretty good state now, after changing my overworld team to Hydro/Dendro (or more recently "Wanderer but I don't use Bennett if the enemies are shrooms").

Absolutely the worst thing about the sumeru arc so far. "Heres a new element with cool reactions, you really cant use them when exploring because NOTHING uses the catalyzed versions of the items!" Ive got ganyu, I could use her during exploration but my reaction based teams can pump out so much more damage than her on tougher mobs. And I rather just run with my highest damage teams the first time Im doing something, when I go mushroom hunting I pull her out.

Also I wasnt expecting to roll for Al but I did a pity pull on the weapons banner and got his sword so welp. Ive gotten 3 fennec boys (none of them were on his banner), a radish and a greasy worm. My dendro loadout is stacked.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 21, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You guys are right I probably SHOULD drop Fish from my party when I'm doing Sumeru quests... :haw:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can explore with anything you want. Just swap to the freeze/geo team when it's time to track the mushrooms in your adventure handbook and start grindan

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just finished Yelan's story quest and this whole thing with the guys running for a major public office in Liyue and then it turning out that the "winning" candidate had gotten the Russian stand in country to do a stealth hype campaign to pump up his reputation in Liyue and then he turns out to be the ultimate backstabber of just about everyone including his own mentor and yet figures he's done absolutely nothing wrong feels awfully on the nose and like a jab at the USA political climate specifically. They should get Yelan to run a background check on George Santos to find out if he really is a drag queen. :lol:

On to Shinobu's hangout now which so far has been about what I expected in her using her law and logic to bail the Arataki gang out of jail right at the start and then proceeding to beat the poo poo out of them off camera for it being one time to many and making the traveler and Paimon someone the one that has to teach them a lesson. Also lots of tsundere poses, animations and line deliveries.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah like...it doesn't really take that much to level someone, especially if you're focusing on it, even with the more annoying ones like specters and samurai.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

*laughs in desert beetles*

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh also the Yelan story quest was like really loving long or at least felt like it. Each of the 3 quests in it felt like at least 45 minutes instead of the usual 20-30 or so. It had to be the longest one yet by about half an hour at least.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I see no problem with more of Yelan :colbert:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Excelzior posted:

*laughs in desert beetles*

I'd make a giant distinction between "mats you get from monsters and can just farm a shitton of them every day" and "specialties that respawn in 3 days", of which the latter yeah those scarabs were the worst.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally got Yaoyao to a decent level of investment and she's actually surprisingly strong?

At first I had her on HP/HP/Heal%, tenacity+black tassel, and she does fine, actually. Very decent low investment healer. But then I decided to pass her Collei's A/D/C deepwood set and her burst actually kills very effectively, while still having enough healing for most situations (ymmv). Probably not worth building for specifically, but it works fine as a panic button you only press once every 2 or 3 rotations. Was gonna leave her at 70, 1/6/6 but now I think it's gonna be 90, 1/9/9, while keeping an eye out for constellations.

Kitain is pretty decent on her, and I'm gonna try the aranara spear on her eventually. Seems like it'd be nice in the Electro/(Electro/Anemo)/Anemo/Yaoyao teams I've been mostly using. But some of these are pretty squishy (Keqing/Fischl/Kazuha/Yaoyao :() so I'm wary of leaving her with so little ER. C2 might help a decent amount but I already did enough pulls to get up to soft pity and got nothing but weapons and Xinyans :geno:

Absolutely recommend picking her up on the selector. Unless you don't have Xingqiu. Or you absolutely MUST have one of the others I guess.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Excelzior posted:

I know its dumb, but the jacket REALLY bothers me

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I got Yaoyao off the banner, so now I'm not sure who I should pick from the event. Yanfei is the last Liyue 4-star I haven't collected, and she's not that exciting. I guess the realest options are Yaoyao C1, Xiangling C3 and Xingqiu C3... though I might end up maxing out Xingqiu when I roll for Yelan anyway.

I have Diluc and Hu Tao, but at this point pull out Yanfei more often.

That range she's got is really convenient sometimes.

Edit:
Yanfei is not a high tier dps.
Yanfei does not match Diluc and Hu Tao when uptime is not affected by range.
Consult your enemy list before choosing Yanfei.
Yanfei should always be taken with a hydro support.
Terms and conditions apply.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 21, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Yeah it's fine honestly, it was just noticeably longer than any other story quest I can recall, though it's the first one I think I've done since Yae's back during 2.5 as well so it may just be recollection bias. As I sort of expected to the moment I finished it Liyue Harbour went into an automatic loading screen and just transformed into Lantern Rite mode around me. I was kind of figuring that was going to interfere a bit with the event that started on Thursday I believe, since Yelan is obviously in said event, but I didn't think it would keep the whole thing from even starting at all.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Captain France posted:

Edit:
Yanfei is not a high tier dps.
Yanfei does not match Diluc and Hu Tao when uptime is not affected by range.
Consult your enemy list before choosing Yanfei.
Yanfei should always be taken with a hydro support.
Terms and conditions apply.

Terms and conditions apply, like shouting "Objection!" when you explode enemies.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Each character you don't have that you get is worth x amount of standard wishes, and some primos in the teapot.

Yanfei is kind of fun actually, but sure, she's not Hu Tao. Her fireballs feel pretty good, especially after playing Klee as my main dps for my entire life

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yanfei is really fun for silly teams. But then, so is Klee

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
her biggest sin is her hat. give me a yanfei skin miyoho, take the hat back

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
[Not a leak] One of the hatgirls is gonna be the hydro archon and her skill is gonna be hydro nahida :pray:

Yanfei/Hatgirl/Raiden overvape sniper.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh cmon Shenhe, you know about Yun Jin's operas but you don't know what the word music means...

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
For those who have him, how good is Al Haitham in a hyperbloom team (I hear this is his best team currently?) versus a non-haitham hyperbloom team?

I lost the 50/50 and am considering whether I want to spend the extra primos for him when I'm also interested in upcoming banners, specifically the Homa/Aqua weapon banner, Dehya, and Baizhu. But Haitham seems both fun and strong?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
His team isnt as strong as onfield nahida hyperbloom. But every hyperbloom team is so far above the curve that the power differential shouldnt be much of a consideration.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh cmon Shenhe, you know about Yun Jin's operas but you don't know what the word music means...

I mean Yun Jin literally wrote an opera about her backstory so I'd hope she knows what opera is. But then again even a 2 year old knows about music

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Absolutely the worst thing about the sumeru arc so far.

Worst thing about sumeru is that I've needed anemo in the desert more than in goddamn mondstadt. And I still need to drag amber along because these magical torches only work with fire, for some reason.

I need faruzan so I can just trudge through every story dungeon with my idiot archer team and not have to swap someone out every other room for some nonsense.

Captain France posted:

Yeah, who wants to walk up to something to start a fight when you can just shoot at it from the edge of the arena.

She's pretty nice for the electro cube, or domains with ice mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kale posted:

Yeah it's fine honestly, it was just noticeably longer than any other story quest I can recall, though it's the first one I think I've done since Yae's back during 2.5 as well so it may just be recollection bias. As I sort of expected to the moment I finished it Liyue Harbour went into an automatic loading screen and just transformed into Lantern Rite mode around me. I was kind of figuring that was going to interfere a bit with the event that started on Thursday I believe, since Yelan is obviously in said event, but I didn't think it would keep the whole thing from even starting at all.

Yeah, I had the same problem and had to finish Yelan's quest, too (just finished it this morning lol). I also thought it was a bit longer than most character quests, but I did enjoy the dark turn it took, even if it was predictable. Between this and multiple Sumeru quests interfering with each other, I think I've finally learned not to unlock a quest until I'm actually going to sit down and play it