Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

repiv posted:

he probably has someone else running his social media

I wonder if they hate him and are seizing the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The tweets are coming from inside Andrew Tate's butthole

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

TotalLossBrain posted:

The tweets are coming from inside Andrew Tate's butthole

Yes but what’s happening now that he’s in prison???

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/fakehistoryhunt/status/1597290024877182977

Thread.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
We have to set ourselves apart from dirty medievals somehow

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crossing the rio grande and being just bathed in sepia

e: boy, you just have to read that comment chain. It eventually gets stupid

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Jan 21, 2023

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://www.facebook.com/centret/posts/pfbid0B1j9MpNiyJYym5M12LAKRrmSZnqBhZ13zDn3n8pj4gtZ3Wdh6hcxzwvosV3k1xVNl

The source for the picture on the right, in case other people were looking for it. The filmmakers even forced the employees to smear mud all over themselves.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
the past is a bucket of ashes mud

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1616938330146447361?s=20&t=0ZLVNA6N_jQlw-NICnUeFw

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dareon posted:

holy loving lol

Honing my dragon fist, yes, yes....

*furiously scribbling another synonym for "jerking my tiny penis" into my personal thesaurus*

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/BoneJail/status/1616558828409229312

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Lobok posted:

You can get software that writes misogynistic tweets for you but beware, it's still in alpha.

This excellent post was getting lost at the end of the last page and should be widely appreciated.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/anniierau/status/1616960291362717696?s=20

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

If a robot tried to take my job I would simply hit it with a rock

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

if you pushed these circles closer we could have MLA-formatted pizzas and wood-fired citations

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

some plague rats posted:

If a robot tried to take my job I would simply hit it with a rock

…she says as the sky darkens and a shadow suddenly looms overhead. She turns around to find a 50 foot tall Clippy staring down at her. “WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP WITH THAT?” it intones with a murderous gleam in its googly eyes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

It took like ten minutes for Roko's Basilisk to be roundly dismissed, and the only reason it got a strong reaction was because that reaction was
A: that's loving stupid
B: if you think of something, and that thing is "what if there's a thought that, when you think it, means you have a very good chance of being tortured eternally? Here's the thought, how do y'all feel about it?" then why would you ever tell anybody!?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

SimonChris posted:

https://www.facebook.com/centret/posts/pfbid0B1j9MpNiyJYym5M12LAKRrmSZnqBhZ13zDn3n8pj4gtZ3Wdh6hcxzwvosV3k1xVNl

The source for the picture on the right, in case other people were looking for it. The filmmakers even forced the employees to smear mud all over themselves.

A long time ago, I was looking round a castle and the people there explained that everything was covered in mud because a TV show was being filmed there and normally it was much nicer in the courtyard. Didn't find out till later that it was Game of Thrones.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

…she says as the sky darkens and a shadow suddenly looms overhead. She turns around to find a 50 foot tall Clippy staring down at her. “WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP WITH THAT?” it intones with a murderous gleam in its googly eyes.

I would simply ask it to paste an image into a word document, killing it instantly

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

John Lee posted:

It took like ten minutes for Roko's Basilisk to be roundly dismissed, and the only reason it got a strong reaction was because that reaction was
B: if you think of something, and that thing is "what if there's a thought that, when you think it, means you have a very good chance of being tortured eternally? Here's the thought, how do y'all feel about it?" then why would you ever tell anybody!?

I have thought the thought and am being tortured eternally, however despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to accurately give voice to this thought so as to induce torturous effect also in other people, so that they may be tortured eternally also. I suspect that this could be caused by the thought unfortunately in fact being the realization that I'm a dumbass, which I suppose would have a less profound torturous effect on other people.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Jan 22, 2023

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Milo and POTUS posted:

Crossing the rio grande and being just bathed in sepia

e: boy, you just have to read that comment chain. It eventually gets stupid

Reminds me of Emily Blunt in the hilariously terrible "Wild Mountain Thyme" - it's set in modern-day rural Ireland so of course she has red hair, mud all over her face and wears a horse blanket as a coat.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

E: just realised this may be a massive spoiler!

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Jan 22, 2023

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Pookah posted:

Reminds me of Emily Blunt in the hilariously terrible "Wild Mountain Thyme" - it's set in modern-day rural Ireland so of course she has red hair, mud all over her face and wears a horse blanket as a coat.

This movie is an absolute piece of poo poo that I saw in a theatre.

It’s worth watching for two reasons:

- The ending, which must be experienced without spoilers
- Christopher Walken inexplicably being cast and trying his best to do an Irish accent

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pookah posted:

"Is this the one that ends with... oh yeah ahahaha"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I went and read the summary on Wikipedia because there are too many good things in life to waste time experiencing bad things. I then had to look up several more sites and explanations to confirm that A) that it actually happened in the movie and Bee) it was not some kind of metaphor or symbolism, it was the literal no-fooling ending of the movie.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Oh I love being reminded that that movie exists, what a delightfully weird little thing to exist.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wormwood_stars/status/1616977350893408256

https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1616561464550256642

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1616656337672216576

https://twitter.com/MisterABK/status/1219713361258209281

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's not really more portable until you've thrown the part you cut off away though. Until then it's just more litter to lug around.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

John Lee posted:

I had to look up the basilisk thing on Wikipedia and there's a section that mentions Grimes and Elon Musk apparently bonded online when she discovered he was the only person to understand the line "rococo basilisk" in one of her songs. Reading this information gave me a mixed feeling of despair and hatred, so of course I felt the need to share it with you all.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Karate Bastard posted:

It's not really more portable until you've thrown the part you cut off away though. Until then it's just more litter to lug around.

you only have to carry around the half you're reading though

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mauser posted:

I had to look up the basilisk thing on Wikipedia and there's a section that mentions Grimes and Elon Musk apparently bonded online when she discovered he was the only person to understand the line "rococo basilisk" in one of her songs. Reading this information gave me a mixed feeling of despair and hatred, so of course I felt the need to share it with you all.

Question for Grimes, Elon, and you:

John Lee posted:

why would you ever tell anybody!?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

1stGear posted:

I went and read the summary on Wikipedia because there are too many good things in life to waste time experiencing bad things. I then had to look up several more sites and explanations to confirm that A) that it actually happened in the movie and Bee) it was not some kind of metaphor or symbolism, it was the literal no-fooling ending of the movie.

Even in secondhand accounts it has a sting

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Grassy Knowles posted:

Question for Grimes, Elon, and you:

Why suffer alone when I can make my internet friends suffer with me?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm going to need some spoilers for this WIld Thyme thing. I'm never going to watch it; spoil away.
You've all got me intrigued.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm going to need some spoilers for this WIld Thyme thing. I'm never going to watch it; spoil away.
You've all got me intrigued.
Aside from the intense O'Irishness of the whole film, the male love interest's deep dark secret is he thinks he's a bee. This is not a metaphor he's worried she won't like him because he's thinks he's a bee. This is revealed in like the last 15 minutes almost out of nowhere.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Jan 22, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

"Should I be with the extremely handsome and extremely stable dude who is literally played by Jon Hamm, or should I go with the guy with a ton of family baggage and seems weirdly aggressive and wait he thinks he's a bee and I'm a flower and this is not indicative of a toxic relationship? I can't decide!"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Splicer posted:

Aside from the intense O'Irishness of the whole film, the male love interest's deep dark secret is he thinks he's a bee. This is not a metaphor he's worried she won't like him because he's thinks he's a bee. This is revealed in like the last 15 minutes almost out of nowhere.

what the HECK

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

My understanding is that people who believe in roko's basilisk absolutely don't tell other people about it and are very concerned when people discuss it openly. Didn't the Less Wrong guy use to delete discussions of it on their forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i swear to god i cannot understand how the actors kept their composure in this scene. it's absurd. major spoilers obviously as described in the above posts

also re roko's basilisk yes the lesswrong dude wrote a big admin message telling everyone who even doubt this a loving idiot and he had to stop people from thinking it or the AI will magically make it true