Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Barometer posted:

Sounds pretty dumb, too? I mean, being worried about offending or disrespecting imaginary friends. I love and respect my parents and still manage to throw away old birthday cards from them without thinking it's disrespectful to the people who literally created me.

Only just discovered atheism, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
God is a cop

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mauser posted:

God is a cop

All gods are bad

(*Except Dionysus)

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
I put birthday cards from my parents on my fridge like a good little boy. I can no longer open my fridge.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

I can’t find the series of incredible owns that inspired the thread title. Can someone link it for me? Thanks!

It’s this, OP

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bless you, Reverend Silly-Balls.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

dr_rat posted:

All gods are bad

(*Except Dionysus)

Kinda need Helios.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Byzantine posted:

Kinda need Helios.

Yeah, everyone SAYS that, but when you tell them you need someone to have their chest cracked open with a flint knife so you can offer their heart to the Sun so the world doesn't end, suddenly everyone gets pretty quiet.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Elissimpark posted:

Yeah, everyone SAYS that, but when you tell them you need someone to have their chest cracked open with a flint knife so you can offer their heart to the Sun so the world doesn't end, suddenly everyone gets pretty quiet.

You don't crack open the chest. The fastest way to a man's heart is literally through his stomach.

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
Sure, but then you'd be taking the easy way out, and no self respecting Sun is gonna accept that.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Elissimpark posted:

It's because they know the sun prefers brains to hearts. Because the sun is bright.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Hyperlynx posted:

Only just discovered atheism, huh?

I wasn't brainwashed by my family to believe in Gods and monsters. I suppose that's strange to you, but I feel pretty lucky to have never needed to "discover" reality.

Sorry about your brain.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Barometer posted:

I wasn't brainwashed by my family to believe in Gods and monsters. I suppose that's strange to you, but I feel pretty lucky to have never needed to "discover" reality.

Sorry about your brain.

Ok, so you're saying you've been obnoxious for a really long time then, not just recently. Good for you.

(I'm an atheist too, and you're being loving insufferable)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barometer posted:

Sorry about your brain.

Congratulations, you have achieved dogmatic belief in your determination to be confident in the lack of a deity or monsters with a smug sense of self superiority.

So you still haven't "discovered" reality either. Even less than they, supposedly, haven't.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Hyperlynx posted:

Ok, so you're saying you've been obnoxious for a really long time then, not just recently. Good for you.

You both are good job :thumbsup:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Barometer posted:

Sorry about your brain.

It's funny because when Bigfoot finally catches you, you won't even know how to pray for your life.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Paladinus posted:

It's funny because when Bigfoot finally catches you, you won't even know how to pray for your life.

Pascal's SkiFree wager.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Barometer posted:

Sorry about your brain.

If this is a bit, you're about 15 years late. Dick Dorkins has already done it to death.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Paladinus posted:

You gotta have a plan:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

God is real but it is our moral obligation to dethrone and murder him

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Field Mousepad posted:

You both are good job :thumbsup:

One is being informative about stuff while the other is an rear end in a top hat, they are not remotely the same.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Barometer posted:

Sorry about your brain.

In this moment, I am euphoric.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m agnostic but just always remember the line from Hamlet: “There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy”

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Trabant posted:

You gotta have a plan:

See, Beni had the right idea, gotta cover all your bases.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

FreudianSlippers posted:

I see you follow the "His Dark Materials" philosophy.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Some people say there is a daddy in the sky who speaks in a voice no one but them can hear, saying it's okay to kill people because of their genitals.
Some people say no there isn't that's dumb.

Perhaps the unknowable truth is in the middle, unknowingly.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
wow some fresh takes in here

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm swagnostic.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Byzantine posted:

Some people say there is a daddy in the sky who speaks in a voice no one but them can hear, saying it's okay to kill people because of their genitals.
Some people say no there isn't that's dumb.

Perhaps the unknowable truth is in the middle, unknowingly.

Well this all sounds excessively complicated and like it would require a great deal of administrative detail. Or maybe it’s just related to Istanbul, tbh I didn’t read the post.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Really glad to see Something Awful returning to katana-edged religion takes literally thirty years later. Nature is healing!

(NOT BECAUSE OF GOD THOUGH BECAUSE HE DOESN'T EXIST SHEEPLE)

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

FreudianSlippers posted:

Every night I pray
that a God exists for me
to spit in his eye.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Hyperlynx posted:

I've only responded to your insulting attitude but sure, I'm "insufferable". :hfive:

Barometer has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jan 22, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember the movie Sausage Party?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
God is real and i want to gently caress them

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

God is real and i want to gently caress them

Luckily for you, God has a special tentacle for each and every one of us

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Please do not turn this thread into a religious slapfight, thank you. If you have something to say about religion, you must include a picture that is both relevant AND funny or I'll probate you.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

But

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life